Weapon Growth

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
nashlatkje

Schneewittchen

Post by nashlatkje »

Actually Killey was right. "Schneewittchen" is the German form of Snow White. I'm from Germany, so you can believe me ^-^
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

I didn't doubt it :D but what does the "wittchen" part means ? I never heard this word before. Btw, thanks for the confimation ^^
I'm Swiss
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

killey wrote:
Ced The Lad wrote:Edit 2: Sent the rest to KFCrispy.
Does that mean the list is finished?
Yes sir.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
nashlatkje

Post by nashlatkje »

hell_tanuki wrote:I didn't doubt it :D but what does the "wittchen" part means ? I never heard this word before. Btw, thanks for the confimation ^^
It's an old form for 'white' in German 'weiß'. A very very old form. XD
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

Oh I see ^^ Really thanks my friend :D
That's why I like Internet :o
I'm Swiss
JG Chan

Post by JG Chan »

A few little additions, if anyone else is interested.

Belcoot - Akatsiya, Giatsint, Gvozdika - Also Russian names of plants. Acacia, Hyacinth, and Carnation, to be exact.

Bernadette - Het-Heru, Nebt-het, Ast - These are alternate names for Hathor, Nephthys, and Isis respectively.

Dinn - Manar al-Sana, Najm al-Sabah, Shams al-Zuha - These are the names of three sisters in 'Hassan of Bassorah', a tale from the Book of One Thousand and One Nights. The basic story is a fairly well-known one, about a man who finds beautiful maidens that transform into birds by wearing feather dresses, falls in love with one of them, and steals her feather dress to keep her from leaving.

Eresh - Erra, Gugalnanna, Ner-gal - This one's interesting, as it seems related to some of the speculation concerning Eresh. Sumerian mythology has a goddess named Ereshkigal, who rules over the land of the dead. Her husband, depending on the version of the myth, is either Gugal-ana or Nergal, god of war and pestilence. Erra is a Babylonian god of war and other disasters sometimes associated with Nergal.

Gavaya - Hatchet, Rati, Kama - Rati is the Hindu goddess of passion and lust, Kama is the Hindu god of love, and they are married. Fitting.

Goesch - Club, Log Club, Iron Club

Isabel - Hertjoturr, Sigrún, Brynhildr - Valkyries.

Isato - Daphne Bow, Lotus Bow, Thistle Bow

Josephine - Palatyne, Melior, Melusine - These three are sisters from European folktales, born of a human father and a fairy mother, and raised in Avalon. They took revenge on their father for breaking a promise to their mother, and were themselves punished. Melusine, for example, had the lower body of a snake (or fish) every Saturday.

Lu - Puckle Bow, Eiger Bow, Gatling Bow - The Puckle Gun was an early rapid-fire gun invented in the 1700s, which inspired the later Gatling gun. Not sure how Eiger fits in.

Meroon - Wood Nuoh, Hard Nuoh, Beaver Nuoh - That thing she's holding is actually a kendama, a popular Japanese toy.

Nelis - Nekhbet, Dhwty, Benu - Benu is the Egyptian sun bird, often associated with Ra.

Nick - Lizard's Tail, Komodo's Claw, Dragon's Fang

Nifsara - Shataghanta, Shakti, Pinaka - From Hinduism. Shakti seems to be some kind of universal female creative power. Pinaka is Shiva's bow, and a rocket launcher. :D

Nikea - Poor Wolf Fist, Starved Wolf Fist, Starved Dragon Fist

Richard - Stielglitz, Zaunkönig, Bachstelze - These are German for Goldfinch, Wren, and Wagtail, which are small birds.

Sagiri - Splinter, Sliver, Shard

Sharmista - Agneya, Asani, Sudarsana

Zegai - Zenki, Sojo, Sagami

Zerase - Shooting Star, Brilliant Star, Blinding Star
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Finally found and put in the last attack value :)
Oisin

Post by Oisin »

Hmm, Mathias' weapon is called Isabel, Isabel +, and Isabel ++ respectively- I may have missed something, but did the game mention anything about his possibly being from the Warrior's Village?
Kirin

Post by Kirin »

This came up in another thread (probably in the plot forum where it fits better), and I think the consensus was that it's pretty likely, but the game never actually says anything about it.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The plus thing isn't exclusive to the Warriors' Village.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

The difference between Helmut and Mathias is that Helmut didn't have a woman with him named "Officer's Sword". I'd say the chances of Mathias being from the Warriors' Village is more likely than not. After all, the Maximillian Knights *are* based in the Scarlet Moon Empire.
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Weapon Growth

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I'd like to point out that the last 2 names of Isabel's weapon (Sigrun and Brynhildr) are also names that appear in the Volsunga.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
booz

Re: Weapon Growth

Post by booz »

The best weapon for me is a police baton, because that's one of my weapon.