Viki comments on Sindar Ruin/HQ

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Jasae Bushae wrote:parhaps its some strange quasi physics explanation?
No, it just means Viki is experiencing the Suikoden games out of order.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Not only is Viki free from the boundaries of space and time, but her growth is also unusual. The younger she looks, the more mature she might actually be (at least, that's what she is in Suikoden III).
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Eyedol wrote:Not only is Viki free from the boundaries of space and time, but her growth is also unusual. The younger she looks, the more mature she might actually be (at least, that's what she is in Suikoden III).
So what, it's like Mork and Mindy, and she ages backwards, being born full grown???
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Isn't it possible that due to her leaping around in time and space has swiss cheesed her memory and thus her sometimes very ditzy manner?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

brunnen wrote: In the comment box Lorelai says that Viki made the hole in the roof of those ruins, but keeps denying it. Viki leaves a comment that her and Loralai never met before and she keeps picking on her.
Yes, it is very strange. Oboro also says in his investigation of Loreli that:
2.) On one of her "expeditions," she wound up trapped in the Deep Twilight Forest's ruins...with Killey. She won't say how they got out, but I heard her mumble something about Viki. But Viki...well, Viki sounds clueless about it.
So. . . Viki should know Loreli from Suikoden I and II and she should know her from seeing her outside of Suikoden prior to Suikoden V? Yet she dosen't remember her at all. Yet she remembers Jeane? That dosen't make any sense at all. I think it must be a combination of her being forgetful/selective memory and her time travelling. Konami! You're so mean to us!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If Viki came directly from IV to V, that would fit.
Night

Post by Night »

Jowy Atreides wrote:If Viki came directly from IV to V, that would fit.
Providing that she hadn't been present in I, II and III before she teleported into IV :wink:
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Yet she did state "Is that still around?" in response to finding out she was in Falena. Maybe it was more a statement of bieng impressed that a country as last so long, that she isn't from some future point but some point in the past. Again I like to point out she NEVER asks the date, always the place. Does she have some internal clock that tells her the year and yet not the place? I mean when you see other time travel story's and someone is lost, their always asking what's the date to confirm they are no longer in their time. Yet Viki knows for certain that she isn't and so asks the place.

You know she and Jeane keep showing up at this major conflicts and wars. I really am begining to wonder about my Historian idea. I mean Viki always teleports against her will, I;m sure she has normal sneezes during the time she is there. Yet something forces her to activate the "magic" sneeze which sends her hurtling through time and space.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:If Viki came directly from IV to V, that would fit.
She did say that she's seen Jeane multiple times, not just once though so she'd have to have been in the future.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

She could have seen Jeane multiple times between IV and V. We don't see every instance of her time jumps. I've been thinking since she felt that the HQ was familiar do you think she may have been there when the Sindar restored the area?
Master

Post by Master »

I will simply say that there is actually at least 4 viki traveling around:

Suikoden I,II,III, V is the viki among our SoD the one that we know since the beginning.

IV it must be Viki #2 the one who seems more mature and came to save Lorelai, in Suikoden IV viki is well aware that she is part of the SoD which could eventually explain her connection with Lorelai eventually but then again and came to save her in suikoden V... but then again...

we could be dealing with Viki #3...another experienced and powerful wizard, I mean... she must be pretty powerful to have made such a huge hole in the ruins, a viki that eventually we haven't met yet but probably aware of Lorelai role in the SoD as well.

Of course we have the mysterious little viki from suikoden III...details are unknown about her but she could be either viki #2 or #3 child version...but I would think more of pre viki #3...

After all maybe we dealing with dimensional traveling viki...ok that is starting to sound like quantum leap stuffs... lol
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We have no idea what's happened between Suikoden IV/Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden V; who knows if they met between then.

Also, yes, she must've not been to Suikoden I, II, or Suikogaiden for my theory to be correct. It would be the only one that makes sense though, according to the relationship (or lack thereof) between Lorelai and Viki. Viki has a good enough memory to at least remember Jeane, but not Lorelai? The ditzyness could come and go, but I'm sure she can remember former comrades.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

I think when Viki said about "Is that still around?" she was replying to the Queendom of Falena as Lyon said. I don't think the country was taken over by another country coz there was no reference what so ever about that happening in SI & SII and I think there was reference in SIII but the country as Falena was still there (correct me if Im mistaken, I sometimes have bad recollection)

Anyways it seems confusing since we know there is 2 Viki, the young one and the older one. Now they could be one and the same but mirror of one another or 2 different Viki's altogether.

Also where did Viki save Killey and Lorelai in any Suikoden games? ain't Sgaiden takes place in SII...
Baggy

Post by Baggy »

I think the fact that Viki says, "This place is still around?" in reference to Falena would suggest that wherever she came from was far in the future. Perhaps this time she's teleported from a Suiko adventure not yet told. I don't think she travels in order of the games, and I think that's supposed to be half of the mystery about her, is trying every game to figure out just where she teleported from.

Her function as part of the game (as well as Jeane and a few others) is to help tie the Suiko world together into some kind of single entity from game to game.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Desides wrote:
Matt620 wrote:You've got it wrong. Viki travels through time inconsistently. She has already seen Toran Castle because Viki jumps from Suikoden to Suikoden. She went to Toran, then Dunan, then Grassland. She then jumps backward in time to the Island Nations. After that, she jumps forward to Falena.
This used to be the working theory, but V throws it out the window. If Viki truly experienced Suikoden in the order that we do--as in, going from Toran to Dunan to Grasslands to Island Nations to Falena--then she would recognize Lorelai, since Viki accidentally freed Killey and Lorelai from the Sindar ruin in the Deep Twilight Forest in the hidden chapter of Suikogaiden Volume II.
Actually, what you point out proves that Viki travels through time inconsistently, both forward and back. If that were not the case, then she WOULD recognize Lorelai from having freed her in her past. I haven't played either of the Gaidens, but I'm assuming she recognizes Lorelai when she runs into her there and frees her. And if she doesn't, then that also discredits your theory about Viki not remembering her, cause it then means that Viki is as we have always seen her: a confused, dazed girl with awesome magical prowess.

Also, further proof that Viki travels through time backwards as well as forwards is her comment "Is that place still around?" when you recruit her, in I believe V. Meaning she's been in the future where Falena no longer exists (or Island Nations, if it was IV).
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"