Childerich an homage to Luca Blight?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Komataguri

Childerich an homage to Luca Blight?

Post by Komataguri »

He does have our great lord Blights mental instability, and he does declare atleast once " DIE PIG"
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

Yep, i agree. He's a sort of a crazy bastard who doesn't hold back at anyone - not even women. The scene at Doraat proves that where he killed those innocent townpeople.
He definetely loves killing as much as Luca Blight.

However, in my opinion that's all they have both in common.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Seldio wrote: However, in my opinion that's all they have both in common.

Which is why I claimed he was a homage, and nothing more than that.
Chef Boyardee

Post by Chef Boyardee »

They've got things in common, but that doesn't mean he's an homage. Is Georg's eyepatch in homage to Geddoe? No.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Chef Boyardee wrote:They've got things in common, but that doesn't mean he's an homage. Is Georg's eyepatch in homage to Geddoe? No.
Eye patches are fairly normal, screaming DIE PIGS as you slaughter innocents...thats pretty much Lord Luca Blight :p
Qbwpij

Post by Qbwpij »

Most definitely. :D

I thought that was hilarious.

Now, it would have been even funnier if he made them crawl around like in Suiko2...
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Childerich is not nearly as threatening as a man who took on three parties of six, a copious amounts of arrows, and a duel. If it was a homage, it was a very weak one to Luca Blight.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Buff

Post by Buff »

i say the best lie came from childerich.

DIE PIGS!!!!!!

i thought that was just great.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Someone pointed out that Childerich was weaker than Luca and I have to agree. Luca basically fought your entire army. If you defend your castle than Childerich loses to freakin Roy. He also lost to Zegai at the games, and had to drug Belcoot to beat him. He basically loses at every turn, but they still try to convince you that he is a huge threat.
Yuber8900

Post by Yuber8900 »

A threat to those who won't fight back.
Feh
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Thought of another one, Kyle and Zegai fought off Childerich and Dolph, early in the game.
Desides

Post by Desides »

MrTomJoad wrote:Thought of another one, Kyle and Zegai fought off Childerich and Dolph, early in the game.
Kyle and Zegai didn't fight anyone off. They came in and rescued the Prince/Sialeeds/Lyon, then ran the heck away.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Well its been a while since I was at that point but as I recall Zegai went after Dolph while Kyle held them back with a spell.
Desides

Post by Desides »

MrTomJoad wrote:Well its been a while since I was at that point but as I recall Zegai went after Dolph while Kyle held them back with a spell.
No, they just come in, Kyle uses a blinding light, and everyone gets evacuated. Then Kyle leaves.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

MrTomJoad wrote:Someone pointed out that Childerich was weaker than Luca and I have to agree. Luca basically fought your entire army. If you defend your castle than Childerich loses to freakin Roy. He also lost to Zegai at the games, and had to drug Belcoot to beat him. He basically loses at every turn, but they still try to convince you that he is a huge threat.

Luca blight was a demon in human flesh, Childerich is just a psychopath with the persona of a 5th grader.