Jeane and Zerase and Eresh... (Spoilers for V)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

you mean like Andromeda or Reign the Conqueror, where you reach the end of the world/universe and see only yourself in a passageway?
Strategy is the key to victory!
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

haha, well... I meant more of a Chrono Trigger end of time, pretty much just this tiny self-contained world, that has a bunch of portals (mirrors) into other timelines within the 'normal' suikoden world. As far as we know right now, Viki doesn't travel in between worlds (like the world of yuber, fishmen, etc.), but just between games at different intervals in time, so... yeah, that's kinda what I meant. Anyhow, this is more a topic for jeane and co. instead of viki.
- Kirkis
Skyduke

Post by Skyduke »

Wasn't "vessel" the term Luc used when talking about himself and Sasarai, pertaining to their mutual creation at the hands of Hikusaak? That's the first thing that jumped to my mind when I saw Eresh use the term, and talk about herself in an impersonal way. It looks to me like she was either created as a tool, or is being possessed by someone else, with the former theory more likely than the latter.
~Jane~

Post by ~Jane~ »

Hi... I'm new so plz be nice and don't criticize what I'm about to say.
I have potentiel answers to all your questions however all I'm going to say is that Suikoden is not only a video game.
It is also a manga series (Japanese anime book) and if you want to know more than go buy yourself some of the manga or read them in the book store/library. I'm not sure if Konami made the games first or if the mangas were first but I'm sure you will find all your answers within the mangas.

I hope they have the answers you were looking for!! :)
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

Hi there, Jane, and welcome. :wink:

Actually, there are several places currently containing discussion of manga and other publications here:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=23

There might even be more here in the forum, and someone else who knows better than I could probably direct you.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i really think there is little relationship between Viki, Jeane, and Leknaat besides the SoD/Fate stuff. Viki just auto-follows "fate" with her teleporting sneezes (or um... just Konami's sequence of storytelling), and Leknaat never interacts with Jeane. Most of the ideas in the beginning of this thread talk about Jeane being a servant to Leknaat like Zerase, but while it's possible they know all about each other, they seem insignificant/impartial to each other.

if i recall correctly, the ancient Armes area is familiar territory to both Eresh and Jeane. my guess would be the vessel stuff. does anyone haev the complete transcript of the times when Jeane/Eresh go down there? Jeane said she forgot something when you first go, implying she was present there at some point or another and is probably ancient Armenian (hence silver hair). Eresh brings up the notion that she uses different bodies, so it's possible for Jeane as well. if she can't remember something, maybe Jeane is better at transferring herself than Eresh.. something like that

Zerase is most likely a servant of the Night Rune and maybe a former possessor; she is knowledgeable about the powers of the Night Rune and even with the Star Rune, she is cannot defeat Alenia/Sialeeds bearing the Twilight. maybe she just realizes she sucks at her job and gives up at the end.... her ending says she disappears, never to be seen again. or maybe as a servant of the Night Rune, her only purpose was to ensure the Sun Rune doesn't go out of control (balance of opposite powers..)
she seems undead+immortal, i guess a zombie that is alive.
what Leknaat calls her is weird. it makes me think Zerase's job is to have a lot of babies that are SoDs........
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

I don't mind having babies with Zerase. But, anyway..., Zerase did beat Alenia when Alenia had the Twilight Rune.

******Spoiler****** Scene Within the Game

Doraat Siege

Alenia tries to use Twilight Rune. the Rune goes out of control on her. Zerase prevents the Rune from going out of control. Zerase said she would be taking back the Twilight Rune. But Dolph comes out of nowhere (as usual) and does the Heroic save-the-princess thing, preventing Zerase from obtaining the Twilight Rune.

Maybe Zerase was a past bearer of the Twilight Rune or something, don't know... but she definitely could have bore it. and apparently, Zerase respects the rune abilities of Jeane. So she's not as powerful as Jeane i suppose.
Strategy is the key to victory!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah, ok so Zerase does have some strength over the Twilight. i don't think Zerase would be able to use the Twilight unless Jeane put it on (cuz she can probably get it on almost anyone temporarily). the Star Rune is somewhat the complete opposite of the Dawn/Twilight Runes, so the Star and Twilight probably wouldn't work out.... something like that.

has anyone taken Eresh to Genoh? if there's a scene, that would confirm her oldness.
gabe

My speculations, theories, 2 cents, etc

Post by gabe »

(My first post)

My theory is that Jeane and Eresh are the only two of the mentioned characters with a direct connection between them, probably because of their relation to the ancient Sindar kingdom. I think that they are inhuman, and I am really hoping that the Jeanes we see aren't just part of a larger Jeane-family.

It seems reasonable to assume that Viki knows characters such as Leknaat, Jeane, Eresh, and Zerase. By not aging, these characters would be around for long periods of time, and as Viki jumps (presumably) both forwards and backwards through time, she would meet up with these characters, probably on numerous occasions. It would be cool if other characters, such as Windy, Yuber, and Crowley ('s reincarnation) also recognized her. I also thinks it's awsome (funny) that Viki meets herself at different ages as she sneezes through time.

Also... If there are two fragments (Dawn and Twilight) of the Sun rune when the Sun Rune split from the Night Rune, and, assuming the Star Rune is a fragment of the Night Rune from the same split, should there be another rune along with the Star Rune? (Or has it already been mentioned and I missed it...?)

It seems to me that Zerase seeks to maintain a balance of power and to avoid anyone usurping the fragmented (Dawn and Twilight) runes, despite her personality. If that assumption about her intentions are true, and assuming Leknaat has a similar goal, then it would make sense to me that the two may possibly work together, if not just run into each other constantly. I think it would also make sense if Zerase worked under Leknaat, from her reaction to what Leknaat said about her (Er, I think it's possible, but I don't remember seeing anything that made it more plausible than any other theory).

Err... at least those are my speculations anyways... I sure would like to see a Suikoden game which wraps everything up, and draws some clear connections with all of these missing/ mystery characters! (namely: Leknaat, Windy, Crowley, Mazus, Yuber, Pesmerga, Jeane, Eresh, Viki, Zerase, Hikusaak)
gabe

Post by gabe »

Reading all about Suikoden V made me want to play it again, and when I reloaded my data I was just about to siege Stormfist.

I noticed that just before Sialeeds flees from the Godwin Castle, Zerase says, "Give the Twilight Rune back to me!" This implies that she did at one point bare the Twilight Rune?

Another thing I noticed is that when other characters run, she floats. (!!!)
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Is it official that the star rune is a uniqe rune.We did'nt expect luc to bear the true wind rune until he used it against sasarai's army.Maybe Zerase has a true rune which has a connection to her star rune.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well err.. Zerase always talks about wishing the Night Rune were around, so at some point she MAY have been using that true rune. i doubt she's related to any other true rune. the Star Rune is most definitely unique... unless we see common Star Runes next game :\
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

I just replayed the part before the siege of sol falena . The night before the battle Levi said something about being scared 2 zerase could it be that she's hiding something just like jeane?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

bench2hotty wrote:I just replayed the part before the siege of sol falena . The night before the battle Levi said something about being scared 2 zerase could it be that she's hiding something just like jeane?
Well... Zerase seems to be demi-human or something, which was made pretty obvious throughout the game. She's not ordinary magician.

After replaying the Jeane/Eresh dungeon, it seems when you took Jeane to pick something up for recruiting her, Eresh shows up because of what she had done--Eresh says now she has to deal with her ordeal, and Jeane sort of apologizes (but not really, teehee). i suspect Jeane's actions activated/uncovered the lower area which would have let the monster-boss to escape eventually.
i still have no clue about the "Do you remember?" line after beating the boss. Eresh just says she doesn't know what Jeane's talking about and talks about helping the bearer of the Dawn Rune afterwards.
benderboyboy

Post by benderboyboy »

i just want to add on to a former post by kirkis. he mentioned that it could be possible that simeon and jeanne was summoned by warlock. well during tactics, simeon did say his looks is not really his age and during a conversation with paplo, he replied to the question of "two great wizards like you would have lots to talk about." in a way that makes it sounds like he knew warlock before hand or, simeon and jeanne both are from the same race/species or watever and that is why they dont age. this is just to say wats on my thoughts and i didnt really know where else i should post this.

anyway, getting back to Jeanne, there is another older suikoden forum on another site(which sadly closed down) with a theory thats very convincing. im not sure if it has been posted on suikosource but it goes like this 'maybe besides the charm rune, Jeanne also has the rune of change which allowed her to change her form.'

well since the rune of change is a true rune, this could possibly means Jeanne is the true rune wielder and tat would explain the whole imortallity thing. it could also means that Jeanne and Simeon and Sindarin which would have explain why Simeon age so slowly. the rune could also have hidden itself with its power and thats why Lilly did not find it in the bath. and koruku and mr mouse from suiko 3 and 5(it has been stated many times that they can see Jeanne's 'true form') are animals and thats why they can see through the rune's power.

this may be a theory but its a dang good one is you ask me.
please visit http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3520120/1/ to read my new suikoden fan-fic story guys.