Kyle Hated on the Prince!

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Qbwpij

Post by Qbwpij »

Someone said something like 'Just when I was getting used to Orange, too...' when he changes into his 'disguise' costume. :) I think it was Raja.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I loved Josephine's "dirty grassie" reference. I also felt the hero's outfit was a bit on the oddly femme side. The Queen's Knights outfit we never get to use in-game for him was probably his best. The irony is Ferid is a lot more of a man's man sort of guy than his puny son.

For some reason Roy's regular attire when he's not completely cloning the prince looks a lot less effeminate despite the same basic principle.

And yes, Kyle's a badass. His overall attitude and charisma reminds me of the likes of Viktor.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

The prince certainly takes after his momma, and that's okay, I just wish it wasn't played up so much. Rivera, I hadn't thought about the Roy comment but your right.

The Josephine thing got me thinking. This is her first showing in Suikoden right? Has she been to grasslands or have 'grassies' traveled as far as Falena. Seems hard to believe the latter.
Cesar Silverberg

Kyle Hated on the Prince!

Post by Cesar Silverberg »

Kyle was dead on. LOL (I think Kyle was teasing him)

Kyle has been my favorite character from the getgo. Kyle RULES!

I also feel like the prince is Lyon's b*tch. lol
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

The prince is everyone's b*tch, that's why so many people are hating on him. IMO
Qbwpij

Post by Qbwpij »

It's okay to be someone's bitch! Especially when you're as hawt as the Prince is. <3 (See: Nifasara's scene. :D)
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I'm curious to get this scene and see what your talking about.
fashion diva

Post by fashion diva »

You people doesn't have any sense of fashion at all! You're totally no fashion divas!
Actually, I think the prince "final" outfit is more than cool. It's good, and it fits him just great. I do think it's well elaborated, and it's well designed as well. It does have a lots of details too, that just add in.
Honestly, the frist two costumes weren't really good. I totally hated the frist orange one. It didn't even fits the prince, and he was looking totally BAD on it. The other one wasn't good as well... both of them were way too simple for my tastes.
And about Kyle and Raja... I doubt they were kidding.
Also, I don't think there's ANYTHING bad with the prince looking femine. Not for saying it's a common thing in videogames and anime/manga. Cute boys attracts fangirl.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

If you speak with Shula's group the night before the final battle. His bodyguard says that Shula used to be very pretty, just like the Prince is now. But then when they grow up, they become more handsome and manly then pretty.

So I think the Prince looking a little "Pretty" is not just a character design mistake. I really liked his final outfit, but I think he looked most manly in the orange. He had this weird muscualr collar-bone thing going on that made you know he was male.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

I will agree that in the orange you could without doubt tell he was a guy. Some else has commented elsewhere that the Prince's final garb makes you do a double take, wondering if he's a flat-chested girl. At least with the orange you knew.

Fashion Diva, I don't know how you can say the outfit "fits' him. He is a silent character that has no personality; one of the features I hate about Suikoden's protagonist.

I don't think Kyle and Raja were joking either. They were really hating on him.

Also Fashion Diva, if you were a guy, in what world, even in the Suikoden world, I doubt you would where that. Maybe in your home, in the closest, with the lights off. It's not like he is in style with any other clothing we have seen in the games.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I think whether you like the outfit or not depends on your taste. I thought it was a bit silly looking to be honest. It would have been nice if V had multiple costumes like IV had for Snowe, as the Prince does get seen in four costumes: the orange Royal Attire, the McDohl Tribute attire, the Leader of Rebel Army attire (main one), and in Queens Knight's attire.

(The Queen's Knights attire, in my opinion, is the most badass of the outfits).

...and the new costume was Lucretia's idea. As usual we know Suikoden Tenkais usually let everyone else make the decisions for them, and are typically glorified figureheads/poster children.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
fashion diva

Post by fashion diva »

Waylander wrote: Fashion Diva, I don't know how you can say the outfit "fits' him.
fits him psychally. Or whatever the word is spelled. English isn't my frist lenguage, so please have patience. And I'm a girl.
Also Fashion Diva, if you were a guy, in what world, even in the Suikoden world, I doubt you would where that. Maybe in your home, in the closest, with the lights off. It's not like he is in style with any other clothing we have seen in the games.
I doubt anyone would. There is a certian difference between reality and games, wich makes it impossible to go out with a crazy outfit without being called idiot. But as a wannabe illustrator (and because I love drawing crazy outfits) I say "WOAH, THAT'S GORGEROUS!". That's my point of view, everyone has theyr own, of course. If I were in Suikoden World... you really don't want to know what I would wear. If you really want, I can make you a draw, but I doubt you want. Well, of course I'm not a guy, so I can't say "woah, I want a clothe like that!". But I seriously doubt that the designer were thinking about guys tastes there. Most likely he was thinking about what suits the chara better, what was matching his eyes, hair and all of this things. And it's just normal. Seriously, no one who actually draws think about "is this actually possible to wear? Would a guy war this? Would a girl?". Of course, there are exception. But that would be on a "real world" thing, seriously. Honestly, I doubt a girl would actually go out with Sialeeds' dress. But that one still is WONDERFUL. I doubt anyone would wear Jean's one. And as for guys, I doubt they would wear something like Richard's as well, unless they want to feel extremily gay.
You really can't complaing about clothes design thinking "I wouldn't wear that!", it has little sense, honestly (no offense, of course). And I'm talking on my wannabeillustrator point of view (wich, of course, isn't absolute).

And of course, liking something or not depends on your taste, as Rivera said.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Waylander wrote:
Fashion Diva, I don't know how you can say the outfit "fits' him. He is a silent character that has no personality; one of the features I hate about Suikoden's protagonist.
I actually think this game did a very good job giving character to the Prince. You can see the way he acts in certain cutscenes and it actually gives him some depth. All the silent protagonists have character. A lot given by the choices you make. The reason their silent is because they are supposed to reflect the player. Except for Lazlo, I have loved Tir, Riou, and Prince very much and though they were great characters, despite being silent. And besides, main characters who talk in RPGs just seem to do a lot of whining.

So my point was, don't automatically say something cant "Fit" him just because he is silent.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Qbwpij

Post by Qbwpij »

Cute boys attracts fangirl.
This is so true. :D
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Fashion Diva, I wasn't trying to comment on you English or spelling. Trust me, my is much worse and I’m a native speaker. I'll accept everything you said about clothing concepts and design, fictional games, and blah, blah, blah, at the end of the day... The prince looks ridiculous. As Rivera said, it's just not my taste. Would you dress your kid up like that?

That outfit actually fits some past Suikoden characters, naturally all their names elude me now. Little help? There have been some flamboyant, aggressively annoying character that I can see wearing that, just not the Prince.

Sickpup, don't misunderstand. Silent protagonist can kick ass. I think Geddoe was the best of the lot, because there was some much mystery around him and he raises a lot of questions Where as the others are quiet and you don’t care because you already know the past events of their life. But 'silent protagonist' is kind of a literary oxymoron, and yes I understand this is a videogame. Look at classical Greek, read Shakespeare, hell look at a lot of video games, lead character don't sit back and relax, they take action and speak out to the point of belligerence.

Or how about Out laws of the Marsh, the book Suikoden is modeled after. Song Jiang wasn't exactly hiding in the shadows, he was an activist out doing things. Reluctant yes, but not silent. I also know there are 10,000 great pieces of literature out their I haven't read, so whoever's thinking about it, spare the list and make your point.