kasumi + mcdohl = <3

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Fraid I haven't played this game in a looong time but...
was Odessa even a playable character? I don't remember her being so. If that's true, then how could she be more useful than Gremio?
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

Chaos_Zero wrote:That, and you can see them spending time together alone in Suikogaiden.
yea heres the picture...
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/2043 ... umi9zj.jpg

he seems to enjoy her comapny.
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
Belle

Post by Belle »

Futagi wrote:Fraid I haven't played this game in a looong time but...
was Odessa even a playable character? I don't remember her being so. If that's true, then how could she be more useful than Gremio?
Umm... Odessa was very playable in the beginning. You had to take her along to Sarady to deliver the fire spear blueprint to Kage.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

If Odessa were alive, then Flik would never be lonely, and she and Nina could have started off a bloody fight... too sad she died... :cry:
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

As everyone said, her death was necissary, bringing her back would be complete uselessness. Who cares about Flik, he doesn't live lonely, he has Viktor and his sword Odessa to remember her by, all she is good for is to be a nice memory in the back of everyone's mind. Without her dying, our little Tir would not have grown up to be the fine young man he is today. Also, who do you think decided who got brought back? Sure Leknaat has the power to break barriers around time and bring someone who died back, but who do you think had decided to bring him back? Our little Tir must have decided, "I really want Gremio to come back, the cooking in the castle sucks since he's not here" Or something along those lines. Also, if Odessa was brought back, then the game wouldn't have a plot or a point in playing it. It would have been a complete waste of time.

As for Tir and Kasumi, they would have made a nice couple. I did hope that Kasumi could have told Tir how she felt before the end of the game, but I'm glad in II she tells him somewhat how she felt.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Just a reminder that this thread is about Tir and Kasumi, not Flik and Odessa. Thanks
Forgiver Sign

Post by Forgiver Sign »

I strongly believe that the Souleater Rune still continue to take souls, because if not then Tir woudn't have to stay away from other people. If not for the Souleater Rune, then Kasumi and Tir should have ended up together. Or did they? Well anyhow, they'll make up a very good couple. I'm also a fan of them. 8)
"Censure me in your wisdom, and awake your senses, that you may the better judge."
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

It is only known that runes have 4 attacks. more would undermime the system. but they do have other powers, such as in 4 with the RoP.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

anokosa wrote:It is only known that runes have 4 attacks. more would undermime the system. but they do have other powers, such as in 4 with the RoP.
Thats only Game-wise. In 'reality' every rune could be used in different ways. You could use runes in ways that arn't shown in their respective spells. Just because Tir got 'lvl' 4 on his Soul Eater dousn't mean he can't advance. He could ge even more powers and eventually stop the rune from eating other souls due to control. The 4 spell thing is just a thing to make combat balanced.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

But.....Ted got close to Tir, didn't he? Shame tir wont go out with Kasumi. I would if I was him. She got a nice personality, and she's pretty cute.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Even in SI Tir showed more than just the 4 powers given to us gameplay-wise (remember the scenes with Barbarosa?). I mean, it'd be pretty stupid if plot-wise runes only had 4 attacks...
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Preston McDohl

Post by Preston McDohl »

"I strongly believe that the Souleater Rune still continue to take souls, because if not then Tir woudn't have to stay away from other people. If not for the Souleater Rune, then Kasumi and Tir should have ended up together. Or did they? Well anyhow, they'll make up a very good couple. I'm also a fan of them. "

If so does that not mean the souleaters power is better than other runes as it has a power up ability?

maybe thats also why windy was after it?

wow so much things to think about
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

If so does that not mean the souleaters power is better than other runes as it has a power up ability?
At a certain point the souleater will stop eating when tir has mastered it. After that it can still advance. At least Tir's ability with the SE can advance.

BUt that dousn't mean that isn't the case with other True Runes. Just because the SE is the only one that eats souls dousn't mean it is the only one that keeps 'advancing'.

Also its the bearer that advances, not the True Rune.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I found Kasumi to be very irritating. She was supposed to be a ninja, but she acted very whiny and desperate around Tir, and I didn't like it at all.

Meanwhile, in Suikoden 1 you have a chance to hit on Cleo at the mansion at dinner, and in 2 as Riou, if you tell Cleo "I can't stop thinking about you", she says "You're like Tir in many ways." I found that much more interesting.
Purr.
Red Exodus

Post by Red Exodus »

I don't understand. If the Soul Eater continues to eat souls, how is it that
Kasumi can keep seeing seeing Tir and not have her soul stolen?

Hasn't Tir mastered the rune so that this kind of thing doesn't happen?

That and can't True Rune bearers make themselves age, but just never die
from it? I would figure if so, then they could be together.