Jacques & Aila

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Depending of course on time of year and their birthdays, Alia and Jacques would indeed be 16 and 22 by the standards of age within their own world. And if the suikoden world really does account for age by older Japanese standards, then actually the dates of their births would be irrelevent; everyone turns a year older with the birth of the new year.
Dragon_Knight_Futch

Post by Dragon_Knight_Futch »

I find it rather interesting that Aila, if the ages specified above are correct, that she would be older than Hugo, cause he sure acts older and looks older than her.

(It was rather funny in Caleria with the Soda and also in Brass Castle with Queen and Aila's clothes conversation and Queen's comment that "Look at it this way, it's better than having him spending it on clothes as opposed to women..."
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Maybe in time, it would develop into something more. Jacques seem to only have started caring for Aila. Since he did say 'I've only started to have these feelings' when they were talking about romances. Since he just started, he probably didn't know how to classify them properly. (Am I making sense?)

[spoiler]
What I found humorous was when they were at the Flame Champion's Hideaway when Ace said 'If he was young and handsome, you'd want to go after him.' Or something like that. Aila asked what he meant and Jacques stuttered ('L-Let's go')!!! That was cute. [/spoiler]

I mean, maybe not now but in the long run, there might be something going on. Who knows? It's all up to the Suiko staff, right?
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

The age gaps aren't even an issue. I mean there is no law that states in their world that a couple must be near the same age to be in love/married. Okay, so I'm not too sure about it but there's still nothing wrong with Jacques and Aila falling in love with each other. Maybe not now since Jacques cares about her in a brother-sister sense. But in five years time (Jacques= 27, Aila=21), who knows? We are talking in the long run and not in their current ages here.

If this is an issue, especially when in five years time, then Guillaume is a hot bishounen (Miracle of all miracles) and I'll get to marry Geddoe.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Jacques was 20...
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

No, in the game, he's 22. The same age as Chris and Lilly Pendragon (shocking!).
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I thought for sure they were all 20, maybe thats Borus and Percival.

I already knew Jacques,Chris and Lily were the same age, theyre 10 years younger then Jowy,Luc,Sasarai and Salome.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
DivineDragoonKain

Post by DivineDragoonKain »

I believe what Jacques actually says is closer to... "I'm still new to... that sort of thing."
Aila04

Post by Aila04 »

Finding out that Lilly is 22 is very shocking!
And what are you reading this for?!?!
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

DivineDragoonKain wrote:I believe what Jacques actually says is closer to... "I'm still new to... that sort of thing."
I'm talking about the scene at the Flame Champion's Hideaway, not the one outside the North Cavern.
DivineDragoonKain

Post by DivineDragoonKain »

I was referring to Sol Fury's post. My apologies for not quoting.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

DivineDragoonKain wrote:I was referring to Sol Fury's post. My apologies for not quoting.
My apologies for jumping into conclusions.
jbd86es

Re: Jacques & Aila

Post by jbd86es »

Lilly is 22? I never thought about it. It must be true, but whenever I see her I think an immature 16 (acting like a eight year old) and I thought she had a relationship with Hugo going.
I see no problem with Jacques and Aila. We constantly see Jacques is a bit naive with sex and doesn't express the intense interests that Ace has; if he loves Aila, it is probably in a romantic, not lustful way.
Plus, it seems that Jacques used to live in the wilderness by himself (sleeps in trees, a bit behind in social maturity [a 22 year old man now discovering sexual urges], is a bit awkward around people) and the idea of a small age gap in a relationship must not occur to him; plus, if he really is a man from the wilderness than a Karayan tomboy girl is better suited to him than a Harmonian brat.
I thought there was a bit of a love triangle between Geddoe, Queen, and Ace. Ace loves women; even if there's no romantic interest in Queen, Ace would love to hook up with her. Queen probably loves and respects Geddoe as a mature leader not out for sex; however, Geddoe seems disinterested in most things, so Ace may be a little obtainable.
Also, a comment in the comment box from Ace mentions Queen wants to play Juliet in a play. Why does she tell Ace this (perhaps a coy way without admitting she kinda likes Ace, saying I want to play Juliet and you could play Romeo). I see Ace and Queen as romantic comedy material of two people who are imperfect and dislike each other; the tension builds and they make-out.
By the way, in the trailer for S3, Queen's face is easily visible on Geddoe's blade in the very last scene. Queen and Geddoe share a room on the castle's ship while the rest of the team spreads out along the castle.
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

As for the age difference

If old time history has taught us anything its that

Woman before say the 50's all married before 18.

15 to 21 is not that bad...

That said I don't believe they were romantic...although I could picture in the years to come of the mercenary group together those feelings may flare up! I really think the game itself is a prelude to a possible future relationship maybe 6 or 7 years after the events of the game.

I got the same sort of feeling with Cecile and Thomas.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
avenger

Post by avenger »

i think it'd be cool if they grew up and were the main charecters in suikoden 7, or 8. leave 6 alone because i think it's already being made. but these two charecters showed signs of liking each other in s3. so yes this is possible kay?