Jacques & Aila

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Aila04

Jacques & Aila

Post by Aila04 »

OK.....OK.....Okay! I know nobody in the world probably agrees with me on this but, I like the idea of Jacques and Aila being together in a luvers sort of way. Yes, yes I know he likes children, and that most ppl think that it's a brother sister sort of thing, (so dont remind me plz) and i've tried to stick with that too, but I got to be true to myself. I think they would be cute together :) But what i wanna know it, is there anyone that agrees with me? I'll hear (read) anybodys opinion. ::Crosses fingers:: ::Plz no negative results::

And if ur a guest you can e-mail me at TenchiGirl2001@aol.com.
Thank You!!! :D
Genso

Post by Genso »

I personally did think they were interested in each other romantically, but then I think there was a Suikoden III staff's comment insisting that Jacques likes her in a "kid" kind of a way and not romantic. So it became official info that they didn't have any kind of romantic feelings towards each other.

Portraying romantics feelings seem to not be easy. In the Gaiden, apparently the creators wanted for Sierra to have a hidden romantic interest in Nash that was opposite from her actions towards him... but the fans instead thought the she actually wasn't interested in him.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I was a huge fan of Jacques and Aila (though Queen and Geddoe were the best). Did a staff member really say that he only liked her in a kid way? I thought they said something like "he likes children" but they never directed that at Aila.

Ugh. If he doesn't like then why did they put in all that stuff between them? Sure seemed romantic to me.
Genso

Post by Genso »

Zotmaster

Post by Zotmaster »

Pollensalta wrote:Ugh. If he doesn't like then why did they put in all that stuff between them? Sure seemed romantic to me.
All that stuff? Jacques puts his hand on Aila's shoulder to keep her from charging to her doom like what, twice? He says two sentences to her alone during their time together. That's about it. The only implication is that she's a soft spot for him, but that doesn't necessarily mean romance, unless every instance of personal contact hints at a romantic relationship.
Congratulations, but you're still wrong, Killey.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Jacques protects her because he knows that she is naive to almost everything and that she desn't quite understand when to hold back and when to not hold back. Let's say that Aila was replaced with another naive Karayan adolescent, Lulu. If Lulu were to do the same things that Aila did, Jacques would've probably stopped him in the same manner that he stopped Aila. And unless there are any known homosexuals in the Suikoden world, let's just say that Jacques' only interest is keeping Aila alive and not becoming romantic with her.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xander

Post by Xander »

Zotmaster wrote:
Pollensalta wrote:Ugh. If he doesn't like then why did they put in all that stuff between them? Sure seemed romantic to me.
All that stuff? Jacques puts his hand on Aila's shoulder to keep her from charging to her doom like what, twice? He says two sentences to her alone during their time together. That's about it. The only implication is that she's a soft spot for him, but that doesn't necessarily mean romance, unless every instance of personal contact hints at a romantic relationship.
Well... yeah, when someone put's their arm on me, I assume it's romance... but on a serious note, they did somewhat make it seem like there was something between them, whether intended or not. After all, just a few words means a lot when talking about someone who says next to nothing. Personally, I got quite a kick out of Jacques over the course of the game. I liked his attitude, with him hunting the rabbit (not getting any of course...) liking the joke no one else thought was funny (you had to be there...or...well...see it...cause...you know...I wasn't really...there) and especially with him sleeping in that tree or hiding in the bushes. :lol: It's great, and I kind of sense a little favortism among the developers.
Sol Fury

Post by Sol Fury »

One thing that got me with Jacques though. At the start of Geddoe's third chapter, the team is talking about romance, and when asked Jacques replies uncomfortably "I've only just started to have those feelings". I guess that's a hint at romance, but like you've already pointed out, it's more of a brother sister thing.
Anyways, if Jacques was indeed new to the feelings that is the natural way to go given how he's the quiet almost passive one. I know people who're the same way, meeting girls they clearly like and only becoming close friends because they're uncomfortable with their feelings.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Jacques was already quiet before he met Aila, so there's no connection between his quietness and his supposed romantic interest in Aila.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jap

Post by Jap »

Really??? I thought that Jacques like Aila b4 I read this forum.... It was quite surprising....But is Aila considered a kid? from their faces I do not thik that Jacques and Aila's age has a big range of adult and children.
Genso

Post by Genso »

I don't quite remember the ages of these two charactes off the top of my head, but I think Aila is a "kid" in the maturity sense compared to Jacques. That's probably more of a factor when it comes to romance between people who are around the same age group.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Aila is 15 by Suikoden 3's timeline. (14 in our world) Jacques is 21. (20 in our world)
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Genso

Post by Genso »

Aila is 15 and Jacques is 21?

I'm so bad at telling ages when it comes to Fumi Ishikawa's characters. X_X

Well then, the age thing may be the reason why Aila is described as a "kid".
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Are you sure? I could have sworn it was 16 and 22.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

IS 475 is suikoden 3. Aila was born in IS 460. Jacques was born in IS 454.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.