Yohn in the ending *DO NOT CLICK until you beat the game*

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We don't know where Yuber and the Fog Ship Guide are from. The first person to report that place as being the 'World of Emptiness' was Sars, so perhaps he knows something we don't. The monsters from the Blue Gate Rune and Gate Rune are from the 'World of Emptiness'.
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

Jowy Atreides wrote:We don't know where Yuber and the Fog Ship Guide are from. The first person to report that place as being the 'World of Emptiness' was Sars, so perhaps he knows something we don't. The monsters from the Blue Gate Rune and Gate Rune are from the 'World of Emptiness'.
Maybe Windy and Leknaat did something with their runes, and that was how Yohn got in their world. Because Yohn talks about how Walter and her fled the Scarlet Moon Empire.
Throw your life away for justice.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yohn got pulled into this world by Warlock when he summoned the giant tree, she says so at the end of Rhapsodia.
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

Oppenheimer wrote:Yohn got pulled into this world by Warlock when he summoned the giant tree, she says so at the end of Rhapsodia.
Crap I totally forgot about that.... Now I look stupid.... :cry:
Throw your life away for justice.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

The story plot is totally weak and Yohn/Walter is just poor taste. I'm slightly disappointed storyline-wised, but at least the gameplay was quite decent for a SLG.

I hope Konami puts an end to this Island Nations - Kooluk story arch. When it was revealed that Suikoden Tactics would resolve around the same story arch, I was hoping they would improve what which was rotten. Sadly, it gets even more rotten. I hope I don't see any of this recurring characters anymore. They are brought in so cheaply that you don't even remember any significance of them, except for a few.

Ultimately, Suikoden Tactics left a rotten taste in my mouth story-line wised. But I would like to thank the decent gameplay which got me through the ordeal of listening to those stale conversations.

I pray this is the last of Island Nations - Kooluk story. I don't wanna see recurring characters that have no depth plotwise. I look forward for Suikoden 5 now. Godbless, Harmonia..a brand new start.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

unfortunatley for you, many people loved 4 alot more because of suikoden tactics{myself included} and 4 and tactics sold very well in japan and decently in america,konami is very proud of suikoden 4 and suikoden tactics, Lazlo is 1 of the most beloved hero's right now..if not the most beloved hero...many people are praying he returns in suikoden 5..but the most unfortunate thing for you is....there is a character in suikoden 5 who looks like she's wearing clothes from obel
Buff

Post by Buff »

son_michael wrote:there is a character in suikoden 5 who looks like she's wearing clothes from obel
that would be a person wearing obel guard uniform.i have seen a scan of it and that's what the person is wearing.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote: Lazlo is 1 of the most beloved hero's right now..if not the most beloved hero...many people are praying he returns in suikoden 5..
What, may I ask, are you basing these statements on? I've seen no evidence of anyone liking Lazlo overly much, certainly not best.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

eek do I detect some anger in that post? im basing it on the post after post that ive read about people loving lazlo and wishing he would return

both on suiko source and on suikox

why does that bother you?
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

unfortunatley for you, many people loved 4 alot more
You are implying that it's better than Suikoden 1 and 2?

Please note that it is a fact that both Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics have moderate ratings and reviews. It is also a fact that it fails to live up to the expectations of the fans and perhaps compete with other RPG/SLG titles in the market.

I am a Suikoden fan. We are Suikoden fans. So no matter what title it is, we still finished it, unlike other normal players or non-Suikoden fans out there who, in fact, rely on reviews and ratings before renting or buying a new game. And from what I can tell, Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics is a farcry from its predecessors. Sure, you can say it is good. I agree it is decent game, but perhaps, too average. Both titles could have so much aspects improved to make it a possible contender against other title.

Unfortunately, it is a fact that Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics didn't live up to the expectations of many. Konami is fortunate to have created a legion of hardcore fans through Suikoden 1 and 2, maybe 3 because both IV and Tactics are in decline. That is a fact.
Lazlo is 1 of the most beloved hero's right now..if not the most beloved hero...many people are praying he returns in suikoden 5..
That would be a subjective answer. Everyone has their favourites. But I wouldn't go that bold to say he is the MOST beloved hero. After all, I only started to like him because he appears in Suikoden Tactics with my own name and is overpowered with the ROP. That's all. If you exclude the gameplay and talk about character's plot and their connections to the players, I would prefer Riou or Tir anytime.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Agremsep wrote:
unfortunatley for you, many people loved 4 alot more
You are implying that it's better than Suikoden 1 and 2?
forgive me but I really cant stand when people do this, if you guys are going to quote me then please dont make up quotes, the entire quote was"unfortunatley for you,many people loved 4 alot more than tactics" see? when you add the"then tactics" part it dosent really sound like im saying suikoden 4 is better right? the entire point of that sentence was to say 4 was beter be cause of tactics. never said it was better then 1 or 2
Please note that it is a fact that both Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics have moderate ratings and reviews. It is also a fact that it fails to live up to the expectations of the fans and perhaps compete with other RPG/SLG titles in the market.
in america maybe, and while I dont know exactly how well they did in japan, I know that both titles did do very well over there and overall the majarity of suikoden fans are pleased with it. as for reviews...the gaming press is very bias to certain games, suikoden dosent get enough coverage and overall they fricken expect every suikoden game to come out to be another suikoden 2

personally speaking, 4 was a good game, It had teds sidequest and the ability to use the soul eater, it had nice mini games, it had excellent develepment for the ROP, it had an awsome friendship story with snowe and lazlo and you could use jeane in battle, the unite attack system was better then previous games, heck the armor system returned and it was a better armor system than 3's system, and believe it or not alot of people fell in love with some of the characters....I laugh at how I read the forums and I see 1 person bashing suiko 4's character development yet at the same time they have there favorite suiko 4 characters, bottom line is if you loved any of the characters besides ted then konami made you like the characters, end of story.

Tactics was a compliment to 4, it tied up all the loose ends and explored more on 4's character development and story, it made people like 4 more that much is essentialy fact among the suikoden fans
I am a Suikoden fan. We are Suikoden fans. So no matter what title it is, we still finished it, unlike other normal players or non-Suikoden fans out there who, in fact, rely on reviews and ratings before renting or buying a new game. And from what I can tell, Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics is a farcry from its predecessors. Sure, you can say it is good. I agree it is decent game, but perhaps, too average. Both titles could have so much aspects improved to make it a possible contender against other title.
yes I am a fan and I dont care what reviews say about suikoden games,IMO suikoden 4 got blasted and it was a GOOD rpg and a GOOD addition to the series, suikoden tactics was konami's FIRST TRY at suikoden srpg genre...I think they did a preety damm good job, I have my nit picks about the game but they did ALOT of awsome things with it, in terms of story,character development,quest and item hunting and of course the whole "I have to get S rank to complete the game" challenge. The talk system in battle was also unique and you could use loads of combinatios in battle. Suikoden tactics was as it was meant to be, a compliment to suiko 4, it completed suiko 4 and I am very happy with it and I know im not the only fan who feels this way

Unfortunately, it is a fact that Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics didn't live up to the expectations of many. Konami is fortunate to have created a legion of hardcore fans through Suikoden 1 and 2, maybe 3 because both IV and Tactics are in decline. That is a fact.

suikoden 4 and tactics didnt live up to the god father of the series{suikoden 2} of that much i agree but people have got to stop comparing every suikoden game to suikoden 2, other wise you will never have fun with a suikoden game ever again, you will never enjoy what the next unique game has to offer. When I buy suikoden titles I NEVER say"omg I hope this game is better thna suikoden 2" I simply look foward to the wonderful new wolrd of suikoden and how this game will be different than the rest

Lazlo is 1 of the most beloved hero's right now..if not the most beloved hero...many people are praying he returns in suikoden 5..
That would be a subjective answer. Everyone has their favourites. But I wouldn't go that bold to say he is the MOST beloved hero. After all, I only started to like him because he appears in Suikoden Tactics with my own name and is overpowered with the ROP. That's all. If you exclude the gameplay and talk about character's plot and their connections to the players, I would prefer Riou or Tir anytime.
suikoden tactics is most likely why everyone has come to accept him and why IMO most people love lazlo, as I said to oppenheimer....I have read post after post about people wanting lazlo to come back and be in future installments, and based on everyhting ive seen and read IMO Lazlo is the most beloved hero so far, at least on the boards of suiko source and suikox. thats just my view of things...I apologize if any of you feel like I imposed my views on all of you...oppenheimer that goes for you too
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:eek do I detect some anger in that post? im basing it on the post after post that ive read about people loving lazlo and wishing he would return

both on suiko source and on suikox

why does that bother you?
No anger, just surprise and scepticism. It just sounded like a rather extreme statement and I hadn't seen any evidence to back it up. I try to read as much on Suikosouce as I can and I was under the impression from that that the general consensus was that Lazlo was the least liked hero (except maybe Thomas is disliked more, poor Thomas). It makes me wonder if the people who liked Lazlo so much did so because they'd never played other suikoden games. Maybe the opinion is very different on suikox (which I don't read the forums of, only the actual site).

It's perfectly fine if your statement is true, it just surprised me as I've never seen anyone say anything like that and was wondering where you were getting the idea.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

"unfortunatley for you,many people loved 4 alot more than tactics"
You didn't mean that. You just said "many people loved 4 alot more because of suikoden tactics". I'm sorry if i got it wrong, but it seems that you are saying from the original sentence that people love 4 BECAUSE of tactics. Now you rephrase it, people love 4 MORE THAN tactics. Both these sentences are of totally different meaning. If you can't see the point in your own posts, perhaps, it was wrong to quote you in the first place. My apologies.
they fricken expect every suikoden game to come out to be another suikoden 2
When I buy suikoden titles I NEVER say"omg I hope this game is better thna suikoden 2"
Again, it seems that you have a problem of understanding sentences. Neither me or any of the game reviewers are comparing the newer titles to Suikoden II. I was only comparing it to the current games that were released on the same time and quoting that Suikoden IV could have done better to edge out its competitors. So, again, no one is comparing or expecting new games to be as good as Suikoden II. We are just comparing it to other titles which was released at that time. Again, sorry if you can't understand what I stated.
Last edited by Agremsep on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Speaking of quoting and comparing Suikodens (of which I am partially responsible and apologize for) really isn't the point of this thread, it's about Yohn. So please try to stay on topic or else I'll have to lock this. Thanks.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Apparently Kyril didn't know who his mother was for all his life until the end of this game. The whole point of the game was secretly to get Yohn back home lol.

Kyril probably got hooked with Hero4 and they rode off into the sunset and fell off the edge of the earth. hehe

Everything comes together in the ending plus exclusive face portraits only for the ending like the Iskas' I got stabbed face portrait lol.
Strategy is the key to victory!