Wheres Leknaat?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Or living a quiet life with Barbarossa showing her how to love.
I hope everything is going delicious.
darkness knight

hm

Post by darkness knight »

The reason that she cant get the soul eater is because only people with good souls died for it,odessa,General Mcdol,gremio and Ted ,i think she only wants the rune for destruccion but then again, i wonder what happened to windys rune if she did died.....maybe a little kid found it lol
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Re: hm

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

darkness knight wrote:The reason that she cant get the soul eater is because only people with good souls died for it,odessa,General Mcdol,gremio and Ted ,i think she only wants the rune for destruccion but then again, i wonder what happened to windys rune if she did died.....maybe a little kid found it lol
She couldn't get it because it rejected her.
I hope everything is going delicious.
darkness knight

hmm

Post by darkness knight »

But she got rejected because the rune itself was not evil
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Alright before this argument goes off topic. True Runes are neither evil nor good. It depends on how the bearer uses it. Thus Leknaat steps in and guides rookie bearers on their use of their runes.
Strategy is the key to victory!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I agree with everything you said. True Runes are definitely not evil or good. But, I don't believe that Leknaat is guiding them as to how they should properly use their True Runes. She is guiding them towards the way she thinks they should be properly used, but that may or may not be the way they should properly be used as if there is a way they should be properly used. I mean, it's not like they are tools. They are actually sentient beings and have means to do things on their own.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I agree with Demon Eye. Just because Leknaat tells the Tenkai and whoever else how to use their runes, that doesn't mean that is how they're actually SUPPOSSED to be used. I don't believe she is evil. I believe she is just trying to help the world with whatever knowledge she has, and although she does have quite a bit of knowledge of the 27 True Runes, I don't believe she knows everything.

The only thing "evil" I can see her doing, is somehow ressurecting Luc, and he tries to destroy the world again. That could be the final plot. The Suikoden series somehow seems incomplete without Luc in it, to me.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Futch02

Hmm...

Post by Futch02 »

Well, this may have been said already, I'm not sure, but I didn't see it when I read through the others. And I may be wrong, because I didn't really analyze 3 that deeply, seeing as it was hardly a Suikoden at all....But here goes...

Why did Leknaat only appear at the END of 3, when in all the other games she appeared at the begining to the hero, and visited frequently? Well, my theory is that it's because 3 was never supposed to happen. Suikoden 3 was Luc trying to force the stars to gather around himself, trying to make himself the Tenkai Star. It was him trying to alter fate, forcing a star gathering that was never supposed to happen in the first place. As far as I know, Leknaat only follows that fates, and Luc broke out of the mold set for him, forcing the events to occur. I theorize that the reason Leknaat only appeared at the end of 3 had little to do with her personality, or her battle with Luc. Her appearence at the end was simply to show what really happened (aka, what he did and why he failed), that she forgave him, and his soul was put to rest.

Again, I may be wrong. Aside from beefy Futch, I had no use for Suikoden 3. >.<
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

luc wasnt trying to gather sod or be the tenkai star, he simply was fed up with life and wanted to change his destiny, he also believed mankind was in a "prison" in the form of destiny and he was determined to be mankinds savior, no matter how many lives it took. Luc's reasons were also very selfish since he also wanted to be rid of his conection to his true rune, he basically wanted a quick way out. Leknaat appeared twice in suikoden 3,the first time was to try and stop luc, the second time was to guide his soul. I believe leknaat knew luc would fail, she knew that luc was going against destiny and that he would not win, but she understood why luc did it and she admired him for doing it. The reason she didn't stop him in the first place is because she was'nt able to, luc's power was far greater than her own, and it was his decision to make. Leknaat was forced to watch destiny teach luc a bitter lesson.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

son_michael wrote:luc wasnt trying to gather sod or be the tenkai star, he simply was fed up with life and wanted to change his destiny,
I dunno. I agree with what you say his reason were, since the game said as much. I currently can't change my thinking that Luc forced a star gathered that was not supposed to happen. Hense, his manipulation and antagonizing of the stars. Also, his visit to the tablet seems highly odd, unless he was checking it for something. For example, to see if his own star was changed. Because it's a bit odd that he would still be your Tenkan star (and Sarah and Yuber their own respective stars) if they didn't have some sort of involvment here. Never before have you had to fight one of your own stars. It just doesn't add up to me, any other way. Like I said, I'm still shaky on 3, becase there's still so much that I don't understand and people can't agree upon >.<

And of course Leknaat knew Luc would fail. She's all seeing and all knowing :) I wish I had access to my Suikoden 3, because I now really want to see what her final speech at the end was. >.<
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Someone brought up the fact that she's the "Keeper of Balance."

Well, I got to thinking about this.

She calls herself the Executor of Balance, and Executor means:

1. A person who carries out or performs something.
2. Law: A person who is appointed by a testator to execute the testator's will.
(testator is the one who wrote the will)

Now, usually--that word is pronounced with a soft "u" sound--but I think they used the second pronunciation on purpose--as a hint that maybe Leknaat has something up her sleeve.

But--on a side note: Didn't the True Wind Rune show Luc a world that was in balance? It's been a while since I've played III--so I can't remember.

(And Leknaat has appeared in a room with others present--SuikoII--Nanami was asleep)
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Moonbay wrote: But--on a side note: Didn't the True Wind Rune show Luc a world that was in balance? It's been a while since I've played III--so I can't remember.
I dunno if this is the balance you're talking about...

"Luc: In this parallel world, battles are fought between dharma and chaos. And the balance brings justice. This world was born after the war of the sword and shield. So began the eternal struggle between dharma and chaos. What you see here is one of its termini. This is a world of silence universally reigned by the power of dharma, the orderly cosmos. This is where the world will eventually end up: this quiet, sad world. The sadness of destiny is unaviodable."

quote found here: http://www.citlink.net/~blyka/lucshrine/aboutluc.html
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Moonbay wrote:But--on a side note: Didn't the True Wind Rune show Luc a world that was in balance? It's been a while since I've played III--so I can't remember.

(And Leknaat has appeared in a room with others present--SuikoII--Nanami was asleep)
The one shown was a world of complete order. Or one where Dharma was the victor, based on the translation.

Leknaat had also made appearance before others as well, namely the Fog Ship Guide and Lino during the Ted's sidequest in IV.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Moonbay wrote:Now, usually--that word is pronounced with a soft "you" sound--but I think they used the second pronunciation on purpose--as a hint that maybe Leknaat has something up her sleeve.
I thought that the soft "you" sound was only used as in executing a will. If you're talking about executing a plan, the long "you" sound is used. I think that they used that pronounciation to refer that she executes balance as if it were a plan.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I've said this before..but I frankly don't care.

When I think of the word "executioner", I picture something about to be terminated. I understand that it does, in fact, also mean "to carry out", but it just seems like she is trying to take away balance, rather uphold balance, only because of her title. But, because of her mannerisms and personality, I believe her title means "To uphold balance". If she were to be "evil", then it wouldhave to be revealed that her title does mean "to terminate/to do away with".

But...wasn't it actually confirmed that her title means "To uphold balance"? I thought I read that somewhere..
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV