Chronology of Viki?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
an00b1z

Chronology of Viki?

Post by an00b1z »

Okay, so, it says she mysteriously disappears in the banquet at the end of Suikoden IV, and when she shows up in III, she says something about a banquet. (My memory is bad, so I may be wrong, but I think that's how it happens.) So, does it go 1-2-4-3? Why are her clothes different in IV, if she immediately teleports directly to III?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

When you recruit her in II she has a knife and fork in her hand. Thought I should point that out.
an00b1z

Post by an00b1z »

Hmm... I missed that one.

Darn.

I was kind of hoping the order of Suikodens followed Viki through time...
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

If you take a look at her character endings in all 4 games:
Suiko I: Failed at teleportation, she disappears without a trace.

Suiko II: Drank too much champagne and accidentally teleported herself off somewhere.

Suiko III: At the victory banquet, she announces she'll teleport everyone back to their hometowns. She and her guests teleport.

Suiko IV: Right in the middle of the victory banquet, she sneezed mightily and flew away somewhere.
The ending for Suikoden II implies that she disappeared during a banquet and the endings for III and IV clearly state this. As she seems to be in the habit of disappearing during banquets, I wouldn't use her Suikoden IV ending as evidence that she went directly from IV to III.
Last edited by Reinbach_III on Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

could you be so kind as to mark down which quote is from what game?

thank you my good man :) {in advance}
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm pretty sure they're in order from Suikoden I-IV.
Duke

Post by Duke »

4 took way in the past so i think it would be like 4123 but i am not sure
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

Duke wrote:4 took way in the past so i think it would be like 4123 but i am not sure
The thing is, she travels through time during these accidental teleportations, so just because the games take place in that order, doesn't mean that she participated in chronological order. It is clear from the bath scene with her and Jeane in Suikoden IV that Viki had met Jeane before.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
Sagiri

Re: Chronology of Viki?

Post by Sagiri »

I should really start going to the bath more often. In all my Suikoden playing years I have only paid enough attention to get one scene out of it. Like Viki i can find out stuff about the charectors.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Sagiri wrote:I should really start going to the bath more often.
ROFL
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

JanusThePaladin wrote:
Sagiri wrote:I should really start going to the bath more often.
ROFL
It's just that I feel I'm missing out on a lot, so I need to catch up.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
wladodragovic

Post by wladodragovic »

I was happy while I didn't know of the scenes in the bath... "Riou, are you getting bigger?".... :shock:
avenger

Post by avenger »

well then from 3 she ended up in 5. right?
HarHar_0016

Post by HarHar_0016 »

well... it go like this...it starts off with the "suikoden 4" next to S5....then 1-2-3... well as you say... viki is like more mature in the suikoden 3
and there could be a possibility that ....... she has turn young??????

hehehehe.... just saying what i know.... hehehehe... well.. maybe she could travel time too...?

well viki is viki...Viki is a magician specializing in teleportation. She is one of the few who possesses the Blinking Rune. No one knows where she has come from, but in her sleep, she has been known to say "Waffu..." which seems to have something to do with where she is from. She is trying to return to her homeland, but has been unsuccessful for a long time. She ended up participating in several major wars, spanning hundreds of years, but did not age between the wars, due to her not only teleporting wrong, but also moving through time by the incredible bad luck she has...

and approximately... the time distance of s5 to s1 is TEN AWFUL YEARS...!!!!!

A younger version of Viki who first appeared to Nash and Viki in an odd dimension, showing them how to get out. She later appeared at the Mountain Path connecting the Grasslands and Harmonia. While appearing younger, she seems to be more mature than her elder counterpart. She seems to have followed the elder Viki to the Grasslands on a mission of some sort, but when asked about it she says its best not to ask.
avenger

Post by avenger »

So then, since we did not see another game continue from 3 yet, my theory of little viki as the new teleportess is not in vain just yet.