Windy-Claudia

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
True Wind Bearer

Windy-Claudia

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Bah...I feel so stupid writing this...
Well I'm not sure if this is a known fact that everyone knows or if it's a mystery, so I'll just ask it 'cos I'm not sure.
They state in Suikoden many ties that Windy resembles Claidia...anything behind this?
Or is it just that Barbarosa likes her around because she looks like her?
Thanx.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Those two talked about that at the end of the original Suikoden, didn't they? When Barbarosa revealed that he was never under her control in the first place and that he only followed through her plans because of his love for her. Whereas Windy doubted his feelings and claimed that he only loved her resemblance to the late Claudia.

Granted, there are possibilities for mistranslation (after mortally wounded in II, anything is possible) but there ya go.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

patapi wrote:Granted, there are possibilities for mistranslation (after mortally wounded in II, anything is possible) but there ya go.
I think the translation is pretty good in that paticular part because in Suikoden III Milich's play about the final battle of Suikoden I (Imperial Love) alludes to the same ideas.

I don't think Windy is really Claudia or anything like that, I think Barbosa just missed his wife so much that when he met Windy he let her do whatever she wants. I think it's a nice twist that he isn't under the control of a black rune.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

After Barborsa revealed his Sovereign Rune rendered him immune to the Black Rune, the emporer added that he let Windy did as she likes because he loves her.

Windy said that he loved her for her resemblance to Claudia but Barborsa denied and said he loved her for who she is. I think Barborsa was infactuated by Windy's resemblance at first, but soon he began to love her truly.

We can conclude Barborsa is really a man that is loyal to love. Heck, he gave up his entire empire for it.
ReikenGaryu

Post by ReikenGaryu »

Perhaps I'm turning the thread around a bit now, but consider this:

Would you think of Barbarossa as an egotistical man, letting his country and his people to be screwed over like that? I mean, he allowed it all to happen, obviously not caring much about it...
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

He is just your typical guy falling head over heels in front of the woman he loves. He loved her so much that he ignored everything to defend her and let her do as she wanted. It was this love that brought about the end of the Scarlet Moon Empire. I admit he could have been smarter and notice the evil she was bringing but we have a lot of examples of people being blinded by love.
Hmm...