Luc's 'Prison'

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Tal

Luc's 'Prison'

Post by Tal »

If, in Suikoden 3, Luc is able to remove the True Lightning, Water, Fire, and Earth from Geddoe, Chris, Hugo, and Sasarai, how come he couldn't get someone with a True Rune to remove his True Wind Rune as he did to them?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Because the True Wind Rune is intertwined with his soul; removing the True Wind Rune would kill Luc. This is what people refer to when they call Luc a "defect clone".
Mathiu Silverberg

Post by Mathiu Silverberg »

That's a very good observation and point. Why didn't he just use two of the other Runes to remove his own...? Probably because that wouldn't be dramatic enough for the story. But, in all seriousness, I believe the game mentioned something about him thinking that by destroying his Rune, he'll prevent Dharma and Greg from ever happening and save humanity from it...

Nice Tal, grats on your eyes! Very cool
“A powerful man who doesn’t use his power is a coward.” - Mathiu Silverberg
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

hmm .. what about Sasarai ? if Luc's TWR is connected with his soul, then why don't Sasarai's TER does not ? i thought both of the runes were eqquiped to them by Hikussak ?
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Mathiu Silverberg wrote:That's a very good observation and point. Why didn't he just use two of the other Runes to remove his own...? Probably because that wouldn't be dramatic enough for the story. But, in all seriousness, I believe the game mentioned something about him thinking that by destroying his Rune, he'll prevent Dharma and Greg from ever happening and save humanity from it...

Nice Tal, grats on your eyes! Very cool
I assume you meant Dharma and Chaos... right? LOL, someone's been watching too much TV, heh.

And to make this a non-spam post...

I wonder. If Luc's True Rune was intertwined with his soul, would it be possible for him to equip another True Rune? I'm sure under normal circumstances True Runes clash with each other, but somehow Windy with a piece of the Gate Rune still wanted the Soul Eater, so I'm wondering if Luc could have more than just the True Wind Rune...
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

fake_flame wrote:hmm .. what about Sasarai ? if Luc's TWR is connected with his soul, then why don't Sasarai's TER does not ? i thought both of the runes were eqquiped to them by Hikussak ?
Because Luc's cloning went awry and Sasarai's did not. The True Earth Rune is simply on his right hand like most True Runes, not intertwined with his soul like Luc's True Wind Rune is. Hence, why he does not die whenever the True Earth Rune is ripped from his right hand.