About Jillia

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
RageRune

About Jillia

Post by RageRune »

It's been awhile since I got far in Suiko2(I just started replaying it again) but I sort of remember a scene where Jillia is on a stone pedestal in front of some Highland soilders and Jowy and Leon is there. I don't remeber exactly but Jowy stabbed Jillia to do some ritual that involved the Beast Rune.I think it was before your army invaded L'Renoville. What I would like to know why that ritual was necessary because I still don't get it :?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Well, first of all, that wasn't Jillia, it was a doll dressed up as Jillia to fool the soldiers.

And while I'm not 100% clear on the purpose of the ritual, I believe to the soldiers it was a sacrifice for good luck in the battle. Jowy wanted to show the Highland army that he was serious enough about winning in battle that he would sacrifice his queen for the cause. So his purpose was to increase the soldiers' morale.
rumina

Post by rumina »

What do you think Jillia is doing now? Will she ever return?
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

Shes living in Harmonia with Pilika
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I beleive Jowy's purpose in stabbing the doll that looked liked Jillia is to publically show that Jillia is dead. Thus raising morale and also erasing all links to the Highalnd lingeage like he wanted so nobody could try and locate the bloodline and create and new Highland.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Well that make sense if it is for army morale.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

ha ha ha - yeh let's kill the queen for morale! It did seem to work though.
Yubar

Post by Yubar »

lol true,he is just showing his commitment to the war and if the leader would make such sacrifices they would happily give there lives
Chaos is all I want, The suffering the pure screams of pain is what i thirst and i aim to please this hunger
Faust

Post by Faust »

I think it was a case of bad writing on behalf of Konami. They wanted something uber-dramatic and a way to write Jilia out quickly so she could escape with Pilika. The logical thing would be to stage her death. However, I feel they went about it a little wrongly, as I doubt the Highlanders would have actually had their morale BOOSTED by watching their queen die in front of them heh. If they DID then it just adds to the argument that Highland as a nation was "evil" itself.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I always saw it as not a morale boost at the time (as you find out at the end that it was a fake-out so Jowy could cut any links with Highland blood), but I think it was to show how loyal he was to Highland as a king.

Most of Highland must have been divided to supporting Luca, and Jowy, let alone those who didn't want to fight. But those who supported Luca, and didn't really favour Jowy. They would have been all for Luca's blood sacrifice for the Beast Rune. And correct me if I'm wrong (and I probably will be corrected) but I think Jowy mentioned something about sacrificing her blood...so it could be to win favour of the men, which would boost morale. I think really by faking her death, he had alot to gain from support from the soldiers, fooling the loyalists and allowing his "loved" ones to escape.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]