Snowe - spoilers inside!

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
CyricsServant

Post by CyricsServant »

I actually liked Snowe a lot, a ton more than Jowy. Usually treacherous/unsavory characters boil my blood. I remember really wanting to punch every member Ramada's crew in the face. Still, I could actually see where Snowe was coming from. Sure he's a coward, he panics during his first 'real' ship battle and fakes an injury. I don't hold it against him, not everyone is cut out for war.

I also don't blame him for accusing you of killing Glen. I could see where he was coming from, Glen dropping dead and the rune transfering from him to you. I could see why he might think you were Glen's killer.

When he attacks the pirate enclave he really believes what he's shouting about making the seas a better place. He has no idea what happened to Illuya and what was about to happen to some of the nations that chose to bend the knee to the Kooluk. I actually respected him for turning over Razril to the Kooluk, he was trying to protect them. When they fired flaming arrows on them he didn't get angry and order his men to fire back with the rune cannon. He looked disheartened and miserable, he really did only want to please his people. The only thing that I really thought was out of line is when he attacked you as pirate Snowe.

Snowe was IMO a likeable character and one of the few in S4 that actually had a personality.
Xiennia

Post by Xiennia »

Hi there,
I'm sorry if this was already asked, but you know how Snowe's dad fleed Razril... Why did he flee?. I'm sorry, this isn't a very pleasant question...
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Xiennia wrote:Hi there,
I'm sorry if this was already asked, but you know how Snowe's dad fleed Razril... Why did he flee?. I'm sorry, this isn't a very pleasant question...
Well, he kind of ticked off the townspeople, didn't he? And, he still tried to give them orders--even when defeated. So, he really didn't want to hang around where people who wanted to kill him were.

Snowe was able to return because he had been forgiven by Lazlo, and finally realized that he really was no better than anyone else. I think it says he lived quietly as a citizen.
Playing Suikoden III......
Buff

Post by Buff »

and in tactics snowe still patrols the streets for furballs.

plus snowe's dad was the main reason why razaril had kooluk's dock there.just cause he sold out to them and the people did not like that.but they got their revenge for all that when they beat him up.
Xiennia

Post by Xiennia »

Ah...I see.. =(
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

I like Snowe but mainly because I like his pirate outfit since it reminds me of Jowy. I agree that the scene between Snowe and the Hero should have been more. Also the ending should have been more, it is pretty good for a Suikoden ending but it should have been more. We're talking about a PS2 game.

The best way to get Snowe's pirate outfit is to train high luck characters to level 40-50. Rita, Reinback, Mitsuba, Chiepoo etc. get them in your 3 ship party's. Give all of them lucky rings and have Cedric as support. Then teleport to Illuya, get on board, go to Shiramina and cast the net. Wait 10 mins. I got Snowe's pirate outfit in 2 tries.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote: The best way to get Snowe's pirate outfit is to train high luck characters to level 40-50. Rita, Reinback, Mitsuba, Chiepoo etc. get them in your 3 ship party's. Give all of them lucky rings and have Cedric as support. Then teleport to Illuya, get on board, go to Shiramina and cast the net. Wait 10 mins. I got Snowe's pirate outfit in 2 tries.
wow didn't know that.i got all his cloths with out doing any of that and dam did it take a lot of time.thanks for telling me that good hint.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Luck helps with the outfits, like the dice game in suikoden one? Gasper funded the liberation army! I gave up on the pirate outfit because i didnt think he looked good in it, now noble snowe was boss.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Buff

Post by Buff »

noble snowe looked like a fairy with those bright green sparkly pants. :P
Mad Prince of Highland

Bah, says i. You rag on snowe, but not Lazlo's lovely outfit? Crazy is Buff.
Buff

Post by Buff »

o....k :?

out of all 4 snowe's cloths his noble suit is the worse,folled by his knight's armor.
Mad Prince of Highland

Different strokes for different folks.
Sigurd
Location: Suikoden IV is the best ever Suikoden - Tactics is the worst.

Post by Sigurd »

Forget his history, just recuit, train and have him fight with Hero... [spoiler]their True Friendship Attack does about 2000 damage each turn.[/spoiler]

On my first game, I executed him straight away... but then I felt guilty, surprisingly, and so, I restarted a new game, and let him go both times. I like Snowe when he becomes more humble and less afraid.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Everybody says how much Snowe's changed. If you think about it, he really didn't change that much. When you see him at the begining of Tactics/Rhapsodia, he's yearning for approval from Walter. When you see him in GSIV, he's searching for approval from his dad, followed by his peers, followed by society. And then when you find Snowe later in Tact/Rhap, he's searching for approval from Lazlo. Patten of behavior much?

Part of the reason for his "change" in IV, probably has to do with the seperation from his father. His dad was like one of those show moms. Demanding perfection; top of the class; must become leader. (That's probably why Glen hated Snowe. He wasn't fit to be leader, but because of Snowe's crazy dad, his hand was forced.) That's rough to live up to, not to mention when your best friend (who's practially his other son) is pretty much better at everything else. That's most likely why Snowe practically pistlewhipped the poor boy's ego ^^;
YouKnowYouGeddoe

Post by YouKnowYouGeddoe »

I would take issue with your characterization of Snowe's transformation.

If Suikoden IV is anything at all (which itself is debatable), it's Snowe's bildungsroman. What I think I find most compelling about him is that he turns the usual progression upside-down: At the beginning of S4 Snowe thinks he has all the answers, and by the end he's learned about himself - and the challenge of learning about the rest of the world, learning about other people, still awaits him. It's like at the end of Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise when the main character (who, like Snowe, went from the heights of privilege to the depths of failure) shouts at the sky, "I know myself, but that is all!"

I'll concede that Suikoden Tactics didn't do a stellar job of reinforcing this idea. However, it should be remembered that Snowe's effort to get Walter's attention takes place long before the events of S4. Furthermore, I think one could make the case that Snowe's comment to Lazlo ("Am I fighting well?" or something along those lines) represents a desire on Snowe's part to bring balance to his relationship with Lazlo, whom he is now ready to treat as an equal. I interpreted that line not as "Am I fighting well? Please give me a cookie!" but as "Am I fighting well? This is important business, and I want to do it right."

Or, you could look at it this way: If Snowe didn't undergo some sort of catharsis in S4, why did we even bother playing the game? I want my money back.
We conjugate verbs and constipate nerds like you.