Suikoden 5 space

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
BelcootLymOTP

Suikoden 5 space

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

I have a PS3 and am thinking about getting suikoden 5 for it.
Will it work? can I play a PS2 game on a 40GB PS3?
*Knock Knock* Who is it? Your DOOM! Don't say your doom! Who answers the door for their doom? You're right.
Basket of Puppies!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Suikoden 5 space

Post by Pyriel »

Probably not. Locate the model number of your PS3 (it'll be on the back or bottom usually), and compare to this list. Based on none of the 40GB models having backwards compatibility, I'm guessing yours will not play PS2 games. I'm only leaving the door open in case you got it used and someone swapped the drive out, or you're not sure what model you own, or something like that.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/ ... n-3-system
BelcootLymOTP

Post by BelcootLymOTP »

Any ideas what I can do? Is it on PSN? Can I not play it?
*Knock Knock* Who is it? Your DOOM! Don't say your doom! Who answers the door for their doom? You're right.
Basket of Puppies!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

If your PS3 can have custom firmware installed on it, you can package the disc contents as a fake PSN game and play it that way. I haven't messed with CFW in a while, so I don't know how much has been cracked in terms of exploiting newer official firmwares and different PS3 models. I'm sure the hackers are catching up as Sony's support dwindles, though.

Other than that, buy a used PS2 or use the PCSX2 emulator, I guess. The last time I tried Suikoden 5 on PCSX2 it ran like molasses in January, but I'm sure it's much better by now.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Pyriel wrote:The last time I tried Suikoden 5 on PCSX2 it ran like molasses in January, but I'm sure it's much better by now.
Really? I tried it like 2 years ago and it ran fine though I think the shadows were just square boxes for some reason.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

"Molasses in January" was all one descriptive phrase. The last time I tried to run Suikoden V in PCSX2 was probably around August of 2007.