Lazlo's waving

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
ralphyu

Lazlo's waving

Post by ralphyu »

Hi, Everyone. I just finished playing suikoden 4 few days ago, and i knew Lazlo sacrificed his life to save his companions in the obel ship. But, Why he is waving his hands? I thought he already passed away?
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
Shasarazawoowoo

Re: Lazlo's waving

Post by Shasarazawoowoo »

Rigor mortis made his joints stiff and he's stretching to get his circulation back in whack. That or he's celebrating because the game's finally over.

Actually, no, did you get all 108 Stars of Destiny? I'm assuming you did. If memory serves - it's been a while since I've played - Lazlo stands up, right? Should be plain from there: If you gather all 108 Stars of Destiny, Lazlo doesn't die. Instead, the Rune of Punishment enters its "Forgiveness" phase, no longer draining the bearer's life whenever the rune is used. Lazlo escaped the curse, or basically shut it down with the magic of friendship or something like that.

Also, I think when he comes to, he sees his ship. So he's waving to flag down anyone who may be able to see him from there, saying "Hey, assholes, I'm alive! Come get me off this little dinghy, that shoot wasn't funny when they did it back in Razril. Don't make me use my Rune." (He always looked grouchy.)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

He's doing his Kate Bush impression. "♪ It's me, Lazlo, I've come home... ♫ "
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

Hahhaa. Rigor Mortis. I heard that somewhere. hahaha. Anyway, So, that's it. If you recruited 108 star, Lazlo wont Die. that's good. I dont want him to die. Thanks! So, if you will play tactics, you need to have 108 star recruited from Suikoden 4 loaded to tactics for Lazlo can be recruited. hmmm....... Hope he's still alive until now, bearing the the true rune on his left hand.
Shasarazawoowoo

Post by Shasarazawoowoo »

He should be if he's been smart. I believe he isn't supposed to age with that thing on him, and so long as no one hunts him down and kills him for that Rune (or he doesn't cut off his hand to get rid of it), he should be fine. It isn't gonna jack up his day anymore if he uses it, that's for sure.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

If you want to know the full potential of the rune, just play the Tactics with loaded Suikoden 4 save data with 107 characters recruited.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I've always wondered why they put him in a dinghy anyway. The fact that the Rune didn't turn him to ash (like it has done to everyone else who has ever held it*) should have raised a few red flags. The Rune was still on him at the time. I would have kept him around until the Rune left and I was sure he was dead. But that's just me.

* = except Graham Cray, yadda yadda yadda
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

Yeah, Im currently reading some post about Lazlo appearing at suikoden V. hahaha. that would realllllyyyy AWESOME!!! Yeah, Me too, I felt sad, when I saw him in the dinghy, but i got shocked. I JUST STOOD up!! Guess that for our Hero. haha!