Is Piccolo from S3 inspired by wrestler Hulk Hogan?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Is Piccolo from S3 inspired by wrestler Hulk Hogan?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Is it me,or Piccolo actualy looks like a mini-version of Hulk Hogan?

They've got almost similar beard and his bandana or whatever he wears in his head resembles HH.
sticky-runes

Re: Is Piccolo from S3 inspired by wrestler Hulk Hogan?

Post by sticky-runes »

I think if they were going to do a character inspired by a famous wrestler, they would have come up with somebody who has a similar build and fighting style, instead of a bendy old wizard who tells fortunes.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:I think if they were going to do a character inspired by a famous wrestler, they would have come up with somebody who has a similar build and fighting style, instead of a bendy old wizard who tells fortunes.

Like Karl from S4 eh? Karl reminded me of Iron Shiek very much :lol:

But why not??? Suikoden is a fantasy world and you can put everything that you want..like a 300 yo guy who looks like a teen (Ted) :P
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

But Piccolo has no resemblance to Hulk Hogan. He doesn't look like him, he doesn't move like him or talk like him. You might as well say that Thomas was based on Jackie Chan.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Sasarai10 wrote:Is it me,or Piccolo actualy looks like a mini-version of Hulk Hogan?

They've got almost similar beard and his bandana or whatever he wears in his head resembles HH.

Hulk Hogan has no beard.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I guess Sasarai10 refers to Hogans moustache. Piccolo, on the other hand, has a full beard and they really look nothing alike.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:I guess Sasarai10 refers to Hogans moustache. Piccolo, on the other hand, has a full beard and they really look nothing alike.

During his "Hollywood" days in WCW besides his traditional moustache He had an unshaved look:

But if Picolo shaved heis beard and let only an a la Hogan moustache,along with his bandana i guess they would be similar ONLY in head. Of course their bodies are different. Hulk Hogan is a big 6'7" guy full of muscle and Picolo is a small 4'11" with a bad posture according to one thread around here.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah, and if Chris were black she'd look like Whoopi Goldberg :roll:
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:I guess Sasarai10 refers to Hogans moustache. Piccolo, on the other hand, has a full beard and they really look nothing alike.

During his "Hollywood" days in WCW besides his traditional moustache He had an unshaved look:

But if Picolo shaved heis beard and let only an a la Hogan moustache,along with his bandana i guess they would be similar ONLY in head. Of course their bodies are different. Hulk Hogan is a big 6'7" guy full of muscle and Picolo is a small 4'11" with a bad posture according to one thread around here.
Exactly, you think they'd be similar if we start changing a character. That's not how we notice similarities in games, depending on what we can change about them or not.

Now, if if Piccolo had a boa around his neck then I'd see where you were coming from.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hirathien wrote: Exactly, you think they'd be similar if we start changing a character. That's not how we notice similarities in games, depending on what we can change about them or not.

Now, if if Piccolo had a boa around his neck then I'd see where you were coming from.

Actually this came to my mind,when i was playing "WWE Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth" and during Season mode,when Hogan appeared then i was thinking "gosh Piccolo from Suikoden is almost like him in the face" maybe i'm mistaken though...i won't deny it