I thougth Leknaat is blind?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
suiken

I thougth Leknaat is blind?

Post by suiken »

She said it herself that she can't see. But when I replayed the original Suikoden, I was like "wtf" when she said Tir was cute. How can she can tell? I thought she can't see.
sticky-runes

Re: I thougth Leknaat is blind?

Post by sticky-runes »

she can see into the future, so maybe her powers enabled her to get a glimpse of him.
suiken

Post by suiken »

I believe she can see the "fate"/"destiny" or whatever but I don't think she can see character in details.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Has anyone the actual Japanese line? This could very well be the work of a translator.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yes, its a mistranslation. She actually calls him a "cunt", but they changed it to "cute" for the English version.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

sticky-runes wrote:Yes, its a mistranslation. She actually calls him a "cunt", but they changed it to "cute" for the English version.
With as inappropriate as this statement is, it made me bust out laughing at work. :lol: .... :oops:
PSN: FreshMetal80
suiken

Post by suiken »

sticky-runes wrote:Yes, its a mistranslation. She actually calls him a "cunt", but they changed it to "cute" for the English version.
Ted's follow up doesn't help.

"Tir, did you hear that? She just called you cunt!"

:lol:
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Hah, she said she watches the stars to read astrology and stuff, but i wondered how too.

Btw, isn't she a bit of a perv? Throughout the series, she usually appears at midnight near the bed of the young men without anyone else notice.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Plus, when you receive the astral conclusions from her, she spills out that your best mate will put a curse on you, your nanny will get eaten alive and you'll end up beating your dad to death with a stick.
But the translators thought it would be more suspenseful if she just gave the "you'll experience a great deal of pain and sorrow and I know not what the outcome is" speech.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Punkaiser wrote:Hah, she said she watches the stars to read astrology and stuff, but i wondered how too.

Btw, isn't she a bit of a perv? Throughout the series, she usually appears at midnight near the bed of the young men without anyone else notice.
She is a shotacon in disguise. She is waiting for the moment the young heroes falls asleep in their beds and take an opportunity to crawl.

I bet she ordered Luc and Zerase to put a hidden cam.. err crystal ball on the castle's bath.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe that gem Leknaat wears on her forehead lets her see? You know, like those blind old witches in Clash of the Titans have a crystal ball that lets them see.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

She used the word "kawaii" in the Japanese version, which is basically same as "cute." However, she probably didn't mean that in a visual sense, but was likely indicating he fact that the Scarlet Moon Empire sent a boy to get her astrology report as opposed to some random adult soldier.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I've also always wondered something about Leknaat. When she appears to you before the final battle and explains more about Windy, Cleo says "So it was Windy that attacked you." I don't recall Leknaat ever saying anything about being attacked, and I don't recall anyone else saying anything about an attack either, escpecially in front of Cleo. Is the Japanese text different?
henry

Post by henry »

BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

suiken wrote: I bet she ordered Luc and Zerase to put a hidden cam.. err crystal ball on the castle's bath.
She's also a cougar for hanging around with Luc!