Jowy's reasons (major spoiler)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
sticky-runes

Re: Jowy's reasons (major spoiler)

Post by sticky-runes »

TMan wrote: And as for Jowy just walking around meeting people- He wouldn't just be doing that. He'd have to find ways to turn Luca's people against him and get more people who swear allegiance to him. It wouldn't work as a Suikoden styled game, but if it was all chat options and stuff you could have Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect
That sounds interesting. I haven't played mass effect or many other branching dialogue games (Skyrim has speech craft, but it was done quite poorly) they'd have to do a really good job of the visuals and script. Maybe even introduce supporting characters like maids and squires and stuff to act as eyes and ears and bring news, and if you make bad choices they get captured and punished or killed in battle and if you make good choices they get to go off and start new lives at the end.
Royi

Post by Royi »

sticky-runes wrote:Strange, though. Jowy gets to marry a princess, and what does Riou have? A knife throwing gypsy girl who stalks him around the castle.
Gypsies are much more fun and "adventurous". Just sayin' I bet Eilie would try many a thing.

Don't feel bad for Riou, Eilie is pretty hot :)
The answer is 42
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well Eilie is definitely better than Tir's admiress Kasumi. Eilie's got some good versatility in combat, and she works well on her own or with her two siblings. Just kind of sucks how they make it seem like Riou doesn't give a sh!t about her, so she ends up pestering him rather than becoming a potential girlfriend.
TMan

Post by TMan »

I don't find Ellie very attractive. Rina on the other hand...
Dreams do die
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Well,characters like Culgan/Seed or Viktor/Flik could be only in one side...but other characters who naturally don't belong to one side or another like Simone,Vincent or Gantetsu for example...could easily join Jowy's side,if we had another set of 108 stars,why not? :?:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:Well,characters like Culgan/Seed or Viktor/Flik could be only in one side...but other characters who naturally don't belong to one side or another like Simone,Vincent or Gantetsu for example...could easily join Jowy's side,if we had another set of 108 stars,why not? :?:
I think it would be better to introduce new characters, like actual Highlanders, so we can be given a bit more insight into the kingdom's culture and history. Not the same random stragglers who join the rebellion. and it kinda sucks that all we got of Highland was a castle and two villages. Where have all those soldiers in the Highland army come from, then?? They could even give us some fresh locales.
TMan

Post by TMan »

Guys, I think I might actually attempt making such a game using RPG Maker. Is there a place where all Suikoden 2 assets exist?
Dreams do die
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

TMan wrote:Guys, I think I might actually attempt making such a game using RPG Maker. Is there a place where all Suikoden 2 assets exist?

If you are gonna make a game with Jowy as a main protagonist i'm willing to help. :)
Though,i'm not good at game designing and things like these,but i'd help with matters such as "how to recruit each character","give a SoD to characters like Culgan,Seed,etc.","character list" and the gameplay.

Of course we'll make it with Jowy being the winner of the war...let's say after the point when Jowy becomes the king,grows stronger,he recaptures all the cities who belonged to the enemy,and at the end they capture North Wind Castle,and he'll find out that Riou isn't there...so they'll meet at the Tenzan Pass for the final battle. :)
TMan

Post by TMan »

Well I found a site that has a lot of the assets for the levels, but unfortunately they're not even close to being the right size. Just clipping and resizing alone is going to take 10-20 hours of work.

Sigh.
Dreams do die