Camus's Sword

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Camus's Sword

Post by Pyriel »

Let's not go too far down this path. I'm not dismissing your theory, and the only reason I thought mine more likely is because it requires fewer hypothetical links. If somebody presents a good bit of evidence, I'll fall in right behind you.

I do apologize. After spending the election season in the company of my family, I'm quickly annoyed when intuition and a good story are looked at as evidence. It's a bit over the top to have the reflex pop in the discussion of a game, though.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Pyriel wrote:Let's not go too far down this path. I'm not dismissing your theory, and the only reason I thought mine more likely is because it requires fewer hypothetical links. If somebody presents a good bit of evidence, I'll fall in right behind you.

I do apologize. After spending the election season in the company of my family, I'm quickly annoyed when intuition and a good story are looked at as evidence. It's a bit over the top to have the reflex pop in the discussion of a game, though.
Well, I'm accepting my theory as undeniable fact and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it!
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:
Pyriel wrote:Let's not go too far down this path. I'm not dismissing your theory, and the only reason I thought mine more likely is because it requires fewer hypothetical links. If somebody presents a good bit of evidence, I'll fall in right behind you.

Well, I'm accepting my theory as undeniable fact and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it!
Conjecture, your honour!
"You will never be strong if you consider yourself weak" - Cleo, Suikoden
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:" people attempting to be keyboard warriors"

The irony here is that this is the most offensive thing I've read on these boards in awhile. I would be struck if this was directed at me and I'm sure Pyriel would say the same. I understand if his comment wasn't to your liking, but nothing was said to warrant this
I never even directed it at anyone, so you are completely fantisising here. I said "people" at looking at the boards, I wasnt applying it to the current scenario.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:Well, I'm accepting my theory as undeniable fact and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it!
I really wouldn't expect to be able to get through to a Rock From Outer Space Cat anyway.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

So you posted it here even though it had nothing specific to do with this thread and you're using a blanket generalization on everyone here as 'keyboard warriors'? Why do you stick around then? Masochism?
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Pyriel wrote:
Aerolithe Lion wrote:Well, I'm accepting my theory as undeniable fact and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it!
I really wouldn't expect to be able to get through to a Rock From Outer Space Cat anyway.
It's my Zodiac, but unfortunately, the french word for Leo is simply 'Lion.' Kudos on the pickup, regardless
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Wait.... Keyboard warriors is an insult? Just how CAN that be an insult?
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Aerolithe Lion wrote:So you posted it here even though it had nothing specific to do with this thread and you're using a blanket generalization on everyone here as 'keyboard warriors'? Why do you stick around then? Masochism?
I obviously stick around to see how much of a troll you are appearing to be.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Not this again. If the next post after this is about anything other than Camus, his sword or Uriah of Muse this thread's getting eviscerated.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Just because Camus' sword has the same name as some old mayor doesn't necessarily mean he named it after that person. There have been more than one person named Hugo in the Suikoden world, and more than one person named Sarah, there could have been someone else in the world named Uriah. Camus might have had an ancestor named Uriah. Or maybe he just liked name.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Although "Uriah" is the same name for Camus's sword and a historical mayor of Muse, it's a case of botched romanization of the original Japanese text. Camus's sword is ユーライア(Yuuraiah)While the mayor's name is ユーリア (Yuuria), and are thus names that actually sound quite different in Japanese.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Thanks for that info, Vextor, so that'll end the speculation.

Do you maybe know what Miklotov's weapon is named after? Is it a failed romanization again?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Antimatzist wrote:Thanks for that info, Vextor, so that'll end the speculation.

Do you maybe know what Miklotov's weapon is named after? Is it a failed romanization again?
Murayama was fairly specific about Miklotov's sword name. It comes from one of the characters in the French novel "Les Liaisons dangereuses" written by Choderlos de Laclos.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ah ok, failed romanization then, Danceny is the characters name, not Dunceney. :)