Rowd must be a SoD?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
veeshadow

Re: Rowd must be a SoD?

Post by veeshadow »

Sasarai10 wrote:
freshmetal wrote: Jowy should just have his own game/story since he's kind of an "anti-tenkai" star with his own set of SoD. Not sure if Rowd would be one of his recruits. Maybe his traitor like Sanchez(S1) or Sialeeds(S5).

Yes of course!!! I have already stated that many times,that Konami should release a S2 but this time from Jowy's point of view with another set of SoD. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet,since it would be succesful without a doubt. Many fans loved S2,and most of us would like another S2 from Jowy's side this time.
Doesn't Suikogaiden tells more about Jowy's PoV? Then again, this game not well known due to Japanese only.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

veeshadow wrote:
Doesn't Suikogaiden tells more about Jowy's PoV? Then again, this game not well known due to Japanese only.

Suikogaiden as far as i know,besides being a japanese-only game,it's not a game exactly but it's more like a book. I mean another game like S2,with another set of SoD,but this time the main hero would be Jowy,and he would be the winner of this war.

A spin-off in other words.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

It's actually Nash's point of view I believe. You may get to see some more of Jowy's story from Nash's perspective, but not much.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

You get to see Jowy taken captive and some of his dealings with Luca and Jillia in the Highland camp, I think.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

If not a SoD i guess it would fit more if you could revisit Rowd at some point during the game. He was one of your main enemies in the game,especially during the beginning and after the battle against Kiba he just vanished suddenly.

How about if you could revisit him again in the dungeon at Kyaro town,where you held prisoner in the beginning of the game,and if you spoke to him,he would say that he is feeling guilty about what he did to you,and gave you some special item like some rare armor or a rare Rune Crystal so he can repay you in some way? :?:
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Sasarai10 wrote:I have already stated that many times,that Konami should release a S2 but this time from Jowy's point of view with another set of SoD. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet,since it would be succesful without a doubt.
Because Konami have already said that there can only be one set of stars at a time and few people want to play a game where you lose?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Because Konami have already said that there can only be one set of stars at a time and few people want to play a game where you lose?

Of course it'll be a spin-off,with Jowy being the winner.

And we could make some changes. Say that you could only use in your party as playable characters Jowy,Culgan,Seed,Han,Lucia, and Rowd and Luca (of course he would be less powered) as non-permanent characters. Including the non-playable characters. So we won't have another set of characters.

At the end of the game you'll invade Riou's HQ and when you're supposed to fight him he would not be there,but back to the cliff where you marked the "X" during the begining of the game.
So it could end in a similar way.

Better now? :!:

If i could,i would make a spin-off myself but unfortunately i don't know much about making RPGs :(
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Not really. The series already has an established timeline and the two games directly after Suikoden II clearly establishes that Jowy did indeed lose. A bunch of what-if games aren't going to do anything positive to the unified setting of the main series except dilute into a state where nothing is certain.

The Suikoden series was great because it built on from the previous games where the events are chronological and form a history which means that they can be referenced back to. With these what-if scenarios Suikoden II couldn't have gone back to Toran cause after all, what if Scarlet Moon won? Certainly couldn't have recurring characters cause they could be dead. Suikoden III couldn't reference Suikoden II in any meaningful way, Tinto couldn't be involved cause what if, per your scenario, Highland won and Tinto no longer exists? Remove the set history of the world and you remove the one of the most unique things about the series and it just becomes a bunch of losely connected games that share nothing but a couple of concepts like Final Fantasy and god knows we've had enough of the Tierkreis crap.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Oh well....it'll be an indie RPG then....nothing to do with Konami,just for fun for Suikoden fans
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I don't know if Rowd is an SoD, but I'm quite sure he's an SoB...
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:I don't know if Rowd is an SoD, but I'm quite sure he's an SoB...
You, Sir, win the internet for the day.
PSN: FreshMetal80