The Egan's ancestor in Suikoden IV?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
RevKoden

The Egan's ancestor in Suikoden IV?

Post by RevKoden »

I wonder who it is?? i mean right after the island nations established, who was the leader of the admiral for it??(not the current skald)
There are several characters, that i think is the Egan family's ancestor:
- Setsu, his brown hair just sticks it for me..but i dont know if he has a wife...(Is he?)
- Desmond, another potential one...but his hair is black..maybe his wife..?
- I dont think the obel soldier(Millay,etc.) is the Egan's ancestor..

Agh...any suggestion??So far setsu is the only i can think as Egan's family ancestor..
Nikisaur

Re: The Egan's ancestor in Suikoden IV?

Post by Nikisaur »

I don't think there has to be one.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I don't think any of the characters from IV are Skald Egan's ancestors. If someone was they would also be Freyjadour's ancestor as well since Skald is the prince's grandfather. I don't want to think that someone like Setsu is the prince's great great great great great grandfather.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I haven't played SV since it came out but when I did I got the impression it was the En Kuldes line. When I played it I thought he looked a little like Lino, but now, looking at pictures of the two they don't look all that alike.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I'm pretty sure there's no genetic link between Lino En Kuldes and Skald Egan. If there was, that would mean that Lazlo and Freyjadour are related by blood. (Lino En Kuldes > Lazlo >>>140 years later>>> Skald Egan > Ferid > Freyjadour)
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

If there's a connection between Lino and the Egan family, I'd think it was via Flare rather than Lazlo. I don't really think there's enough known to say one way or another if they're related.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I don't know, but if it was the En Kuldes line, then Frey would be very distantly related to Lazlo. With that thought, given the proliferation of immigration we've seen thus far in the game, it may be possible all heroes are distantly related. now wouldnt that be cool?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I'm not keen on the theory myself these days, simply what I thought when playing the game.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't mind thinking that the Egans might be descended from Lino. They are a high-ranking family in the Island Nations, so they could be distantly related to the current royal family of Obel. And Skald does have that kind of reckless attitude that Lino and Flare have shown. Skald is supposed to protect the islands, but since Flare was always off hunting pirates instead of sitting safely in her palace letting the soldiers do all that kind of work, it would make sense to me that her descendants would grow up to be people like skald Egan.

And Skald does send his daughter Bernadette off to join the prince's army and become her own woman. Lino allowed his daughter space to become her own woman, by not stopping her from patrolling the seas, staying on Obel to look after her people during the Kooluk invasion, and venturing off to Kooluk to join in Kyrill's investigation.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

Well the ship Bernadette Egan serves on is the Lino En Kuldes, and she's "in a similar situation to Sialeeds".

May imply she has has an older sister who's the heir, and she's the spare.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I think the "in a similar situation to Sialeeds" line is in reference to the fact that Sialeeds and Bernadette are both Freyjadour's aunts.
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

This is kind of spoiler to me because I still dont reach that part of S5, but still if you will ask me,I think there is possibility about Egan's ancestors was the En Kuldes, we cant say what happened between the time gap of S4 and S5, there are many things can happened, but He do remember that Lino instructed Tov to create again a new ship after S4. En Kuldes Line can be the result of these. Well, Who will become the captain? obviously, Lino's Children.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
Heptade

Post by Heptade »

RevKoden wrote:I wonder who it is?? i mean right after the island nations established, who was the leader of the admiral for it??(not the current skald)
There are several characters, that i think is the Egan family's ancestor:
- Setsu, his brown hair just sticks it for me..but i dont know if he has a wife...(Is he?)
- Desmond, another potential one...but his hair is black..maybe his wife..?
- I dont think the obel soldier(Millay,etc.) is the Egan's ancestor..

Agh...any suggestion??So far setsu is the only i can think as Egan's family ancestor..
The hair color doesn't have to mean anything. I mean, Freyjadour is Ferid's son. 150 years of being smart and not inbreeding can change a family's signature look.

And I think Nelis is descended from Pablo. They don't look anything alike.

So basically any human (and possibly multiple characters) from the Suikoden IV era could be ancestors of the Egan family.