Characters that CAN become a playable character in party but

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
RevKoden

Characters that CAN become a playable character in party but

Post by RevKoden »

NOT...it just to me arghh! So hate it!!
LEt see an example:
S1:
- Joshua Lavenheit: Now if he is playable we can see the dragon rune power...
- Rock: This big guy can also become playable
- Gaspar: Is told to be a capable fighter yet...
- Maximillian & Sanchez: Capable in war but cannot be playable in battle
S5:(Probably the most annoying one)
- Chuck: OH COMEON! You can fight the prince but decided to stay behind?!
- Wilhelm & Mueller: Wilhelm just showing that sword isnt going to get you better, go into my party instead, you too mueller
- Boz: Dont ever dare to become a support when you can wield a spear very well
- Craig: You dont need a dragon horse if you want to become playable
- Euram: You fight the prince but, can only give Rumors? What you want me to get Eresh?
- Shula: Good in war...but cant fight

OKay so...how about you guys, ever found someone that can be playable but not?
killerslime

Re: Characters that CAN become a playable character in party

Post by killerslime »

Barbara would have packed a punch surely. I find it strange that Vincent cant fight in Suikoden but can in Suikoden 2. I always wanted to use Ridley and Kiba in battle, they could have some mad unit attack that causes instant death to everyone! or something. But Gilberts the one i'm probably most gutted about.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Sanchez cannot fight in war battles in S1,because he is not a SoD.

You forgot Guillaume from S3. You are fighting against him multiple times,but when you recruit him he is a supportive character but strangely he has some MP if you have ever noticed it.

In S5 Euram fights against Frey in Sable,but when you recruit him he is as useful as Toma. I thought that he could be at least commander in war battles.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I can't think of any to add, but I do agree with a bunch from the OP. Mostly Maximillian in SI and SII, Joshua in SI, and Euram in SV.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think that's one of the few things Tierkreis was doing right - every character was usable, either as support or in battle (I think Moana and Wahie are the only exceptions).

For characters.. I think most of them have been mentioned. Evn though I think in cases like Wilhelm or Gilbert,they might not be strong warriors, but great leaders which makes them so useful on the battlefield. On the other hand - can they be worse fighters than a flying squirrel?

I think it's cool that you have some high-ranking fighters, though - like Lino or Lepant.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

For S3:
- Guillaume looks quite a badass with his trident.
- I want to see Hortez fighting as well, with his no sense of direction, he may often hit the wrong target which would be quite hilarious.

S5:
- Norden may perform drunken fist technique in battle
- Chisato could very well perform Devil's Doll rune
- Haswar should have replaced Sialeed in battle and unite attack with the prince
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

killerslime wrote: I find it strange that Vincent cant fight in Suikoden but can in Suikoden 2.

I found why Vincent doesn't fight in S1.

Because every Suikoden game had only one narcicist swordsman.

S1 had Milich
S2 had Vincent
S3 had Augustine
S4 had Reinbach
and S5 had Euram,although he is fighting with sword only in Sable,when he is your enemy.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

I guess its a Plausible theory.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:
killerslime wrote: I find it strange that Vincent cant fight in Suikoden but can in Suikoden 2.

I found why Vincent doesn't fight in S1.

Because every Suikoden game had only one narcicist swordsman.

S1 had Milich
S2 had Vincent
S3 had Augustine
S4 had Reinbach
and S5 had Euram,although he is fighting with sword only in Sable,when he is your enemy.
S4 has Reinbach and Charlemagne, both are true narcissts ;) Also I'd say S5's narcissist would be Josephine as she also has the Red Rose Rune, not Euram.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

In S2 there're 2 narcisists as Vincent and Simone, they even form an unite attack like Reinbach and charlemagne.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote: S4 has Reinbach and Charlemagne, both are true narcissts ;) Also I'd say S5's narcissist would be Josephine as she also has the Red Rose Rune, not Euram.

Josephine is a woman,and she carries an umbrela as a weapon instead of a 1H sword. She is very far away from the traditional "narcisist style" developed in Suikoden games. Euram is closer to this persona,but not totally.

Uhh...i don't remember if Charlemagne was a narcisist,because i haven't played S4 for a couple of years. I think he was just Reinbach's friend.

Punkaiser wrote:In S2 there're 2 narcisists as Vincent and Simone, they even form an unite attack like Reinbach and charlemagne.

Yes Simone was a narcisist,but he carried a rose as a weapon instead of a sword.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Charlemagne performs with Reinbach in the narcissist unite, and iirc he gets a rose brooch from Reinbach - so he is a narcissist. He even is Chichin Star - the narcissist star, as is Josephine. Not only men can be narcissist ;) But you're right that she's no swordsman, iirc she fights with her umbrella!?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Charlemagne is a narcisist, he can equip rose brooch which is reserved to narcissists(noble class in S4)
His unite with reinbach is called Love Love attack which also indicates his nature.

Josephine is the true narcissist of S5, when you recruit her, you can hear the infamous suikoden narcissist theme. Moreover, her Red rose rune is considerred the rune for this character type. Yea, she uses umbrella in battle but upon using red rose she keeps it closed and perform a multi-pierce style much similar to valeria's falcon, so its usage is more like a rapier than a umbrella as it appears.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I would've like Jeane and Raura in SII, with some kick-ass combined attack!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Hans, Tesla and the Artist who makes the statue in S2 (his name escapes me now) all seemed like they would know how to fight. I agree about Jeane, it bothered me she wasnt a fighter til 4