Characters that CAN become a playable character in party but

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Characters that CAN become a playable character in party

Post by Sasarai10 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Hans, Tesla and the Artist who makes the statue in S2 (his name escapes me now) all seemed like they would know how to fight. I agree about Jeane, it bothered me she wasnt a fighter til 4

His name was Jude,but what kind of weapon he would use???

Another character who MUST be playable is Marlowe from S2,because he is the most useless SoD in the game. They could make him playable with a book as a weapon (like Alhazred from S5),like that scene with the zombies in Tinto,where he was fighting against them with a book,along with Koyu.

I don't know why the creators made him a SoD,since he doesn't fight in normal battles or in war battles,and he doesn't offers a certain service in the castle,plus his role in the main plot is very small,and after defeating Neclord he fades away...they should have someone like Rowd or Solon (if they didn't execute him),in his place. :D :D :D
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Jude would use a hammer of course. He was a blacksmith as well, as that's what he taught in Greenhill. Tho I do have this mental image of him busting out a chizle and running up to an opponent and rapidly"carving' them as a skill rune ability. Maybe he could have had a unite with Tesla?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Alex! The innkeeper/merchant from 2! he lived alone in the forest with his wife and kids. Sure he could have gone to Muse for supplies on occasion, but he had to protect his home and family during that trip, as well as from possible ruffians occasioning his inn. He definitely should have been able to fight!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Jude would use a hammer of course. He was a blacksmith as well, as that's what he taught in Greenhill. Tho I do have this mental image of him busting out a chizle and running up to an opponent and rapidly"carving' them as a skill rune ability. Maybe he could have had a unite with Tesla?

Tesla is not a SoD in S2. He will only appear when you visit Gregminster,and give you the Blinking Mirror. Unless you mean Tessai,the blacksmith in S2,so yes if both of them were playable they could have a unite attack..why not?
JanusThePaladin

You are right, I meant Tessai. its been several YEAR since Ive played any of these games. I'm rusty.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

The other Elie from Suikoden II, I thought she was an interesting character.
Pohl as well was awesome and I thought he would join up eventually, I also thought he was a woman, but that's besides the point.

Noah from IV, I think would have been cool if playable. I was really hoping she'd be playable before the game came out, and was sad when she wasn't. I was overjoyed when she was playable in Tactics, even though she couldn't attack, just steal... but she was very useful in battle anyway. Especially with the mischief rune giving enemies status effects.

Nuzhat from Tierkreis I thought should have been playable, I just thought it would have made sense. Especially since her star is the same as Crowley, Levi, Mazus, Warlock and Sarah...

With the little amount of characters playable in Tsumugaresh, I think many characters I will find cool and wish could be playable..
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
JanusThePaladin

Yohn, the demi human, in tactics
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

I want Ridley !!! Suck it off, he can be like Fusulu on S1 for ultimate unite with Gengen+Gabocha !!!
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I defnitly agree about Chuck. He has those nasty claws (or was it knuckle dusters?) on his hands which he uses to fight the prince, so you'd think he would make a useful party member. Yes, he has to mind the storage, but most of the other shopkeepers join you in S5, so wwhy not him?

Also, Egbert. He carries a sword. He takes part in major battles. He should be usable in combat, and he could probably have some sort of berserk rune that makes him go nuts against the enemy.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

sticky-runes wrote:Also, Egbert. He carries a sword. He takes part in major battles. He should be usable in combat, and he could probably have some sort of berserk rune that makes him go nuts against the enemy.
He would have a permanent spot in my party.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

It would be nice to have playable all 108 stars plus some non-star characters too. That would be massive...after all everyone can fight in one way or another...for example Ridley could use his lash as weapon (the one during the scene with Fitcher in Two River),or Pico could use his guitar,etc.

This feature was used in S1,were characters who weren't fighters were playable...even Sansuke the bath-maker guy used a sword...after S2 it's started fading away,and in S3 characters like farmers,cooks,etc become supportive characters.

But since we cannot have it all it's still ok,because Suikoden has many playable characters in comparison with other RPGs.

sticky-runes wrote:I defnitly agree about Chuck. He has those nasty claws (or was it knuckle dusters?) on his hands which he uses to fight the prince, so you'd think he would make a useful party member. Yes, he has to mind the storage, but most of the other shopkeepers join you in S5, so wwhy not him?

Also, Egbert. He carries a sword. He takes part in major battles. He should be usable in combat, and he could probably have some sort of berserk rune that makes him go nuts against the enemy.

And Euram too. He fights against you in Sable...if you remember, he leads a unit too in the battle at Rainwall before comfronting the Barows.
I cannot understand why they make him so useless after joining your army...he is the last recruit so he supposed to be more well-treated.... :(

It's just like Dios from S3. He is the last recruit along with Sasarai,and when he is your enemy he is a Unit leader,but when he joins you he doesn't even participate in war battles...that's a pity....
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

The most peculiar one to me was Guillaume. He actually had attack animations and multiple duels but didn't fight? That was odd.

The only one that I suppose disappointed me was Jeane. Sometimes a fighter and a top tier mage, sometimes not.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:It would be nice to have playable all 108 stars plus some non-star characters too. That would be massive...after all everyone can fight in one way or another...for example Ridley could use his lash as weapon (the one during the scene with Fitcher in Two River),or Pico could use his guitar,etc.

This feature was used in S1,were characters who weren't fighters were playable...even Sansuke the bath-maker guy used a sword...after S2 it's started fading away,and in S3 characters like farmers,cooks,etc become supportive characters.

But since we cannot have it all it's still ok,because Suikoden has many playable characters in comparison with other RPGs.
Marie was not a usable combat character, but she can be used in major battles (I always imagined her running across the battlefield with a rolling pin getting ready to beat an Imperial soldier's brains out!)

I always thought it was interesting that they allowed us to use regular handymen armed with everyday tools, (even Kimberly could join us with her kitchen knife) but yes, they do seem to have been reduced to passive supporting characters throughout the sequels.

And Euram too. He fights against you in Sable...if you remember, he leads a unit too in the battle at Rainwall before comfronting the Barows.
I cannot understand why they make him so useless after joining your army...he is the last recruit so he supposed to be more well-treated.... :(
Yeah, that always bugged me. He fights us outside of Sable, so he should have been an active party member. This is really the main reason I have never recruited him in S5 - I can either have him, or Eresh, a powerful sorceress. And suikoden 5 isn't exactly short on powerful spell casters, but still, the opportunity to reconcile Luserina with her brother was appealing, but not that appealing.

It's just like Dios from S3. He is the last recruit along with Sasarai,and when he is your enemy he is a Unit leader,but when he joins you he doesn't even participate in war battles...that's a pity....
I actually read all the S3 mangas before playing the game, and Dios does get stuck in the action when he's protecting Sasarai, so I thought he would make an awesome party member. Imagine how disappointed I was when I finally played the game, and he turned out to be little more than a nanny.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

killerslime wrote:Barbara would have packed a punch surely. I find it strange that Vincent cant fight in Suikoden but can in Suikoden 2. I always wanted to use Ridley and Kiba in battle, they could have some mad unit attack that causes instant death to everyone! or something. But Gilberts the one i'm probably most gutted about.

Kiba definetely. He is totally underrated once he joins your army. What i mean is,
you hardly make a use of him.

In the major battle against Luca you cannot control him,so we have 3 battles left. In the major battle when you are trying to save Ridley you might not using him as well,if you fail to save Ridley.
So in fact we've got only 2 major battles where you make a use of him. While liberating Greenhill if you choose to go with his group and while liberating Muse.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Suikoden 1 lets us use all 5 blacksmiths in combat, but none of the other games do. I think the dwarf smith in S5 could be a supporting character and sharpen your weapons on the fly, which was handy, but I would like to have used all smiths in combat in all the games. Surely they can sharpen their own weapons (Jeane could attach runes to herself in S4, right?) or their attacks could be upgraded every time you gave them a new hammer.
darkknightkv

Post by darkknightkv »

I wanted to fight with Jeane in the first 3 games. I guess sometime after the events of Suikoden 5 she decided she did not want to go out and fight any longer.

She would have been good in Suikoden 2 where I was not a fan of the mage selection.

Other than her, I would have enjoyed being able to fight with...Okay...This one is kinda odd, but stick with me here. The star dragon sword. I mean you are able to fight it so it can kick some butt solo. Maybe something like they do in Suikoden 3 with the mounts but except for a mount, you can have the Star Dragon sword....Meh, my random thought of the day, it's just so odd that he has all these powers when you fight it but afterwards...yeah.

But I will agree with most people, Suikoden 5 takes the cake when it comes to bad-asses that cannot fight in your party.