So what become of Pilika?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: So what become of Pilika?

Post by Vextor »

You can actually learn in Suikoden 3 that Marlowe has become a minister in the Tinto Republic.
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

^
This and I can't recall exactly but Dunan history book on S3 also writen by him and/or Emilia. Can't remember, don't have PS2 anymore to check and I don't have time to install PS2 emulators and looking S3 copy.

Marlowe's role in S2 is really lame and not revealed well. You can only see his action if you choose run away/Ridley die and S2 ending lines only implied he continues tutor Lilly... But no don't tell me he trains Lilly like that >__<

Then when first time seeing S3 opening on my school age, I just think that OMG Lilly is heroine? Like Cleo/Nanami? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (because she appears with Sgt joe and Hugo, pretty much similar like when Riou, Nanami, and Jowy intro on S2 opening)

Okay to keep this on topic, Pilika is not a "fighting" type. Her parents job are just shrine guard and merchant don't they? Gustav at least learn some political and military so he can find some people to tutor and train Lilly as well. Jillia as step mother also just princess at all. Okay, one thing that fit roles for Pilika is....

same as Apple !!!! OMG, I just wish this, why don't Apple just replaced to her lol :cry: :cry: or librarian (can't think much else)
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Pilika can be either a librarian OR a strategist that way.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

... Probably tried to live out her life as peaceful as possible after her traumatic time during the war. What a traumatic time indeed; seeing her parents dead, almost killed by Luca, taken away by Jillia away from Jowy etc. etc. I would say she would not go into learning combat, but gaining an education and living a relatively "normal" life.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Didnt she meet up with Viki and get teleported back in time, replacing Hannah and training her body to fight against Luca Blight when he attacks her original home village but arrived to late? I seem to remember this happening and explaining exactly what Hannah was doing there....
JanusThePaladin

Off subject: Vextor, I read your article. Very cool. I honestly think that Konami could do something like that instead of releasing pointless spin off games that have nothing to do with the main series. Oh if only wishes came true!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I've never heard that but it's an interesting theory that would go well with suikox!
JanusThePaladin

i totally made that up. However, If you'd like me to do some research and back it up, I'm sure i could use the resources available at this great site to write you an article. Tho, I have to be honest and say i've only ever read the stuff from Suikox that shows up in links on here (years ago. Seriously, I used to be an avid member here, but after joining the navy my time for video games has been severely depleted)

*I looked at the timeline, and you could postulate that after the Second Fire Bringer war (in which Pilika would be 20 years of age) Viki could have ended up encountering Pilika in the neighboring Harmonia, and traveling with her back to the Scarlet Moon Empire during the Gate Rune Wars, in which Pilika arrives in Radat towns upper story via Viki's terrible aim, and realizing where she is, having been raised by the best tutors available to a deposed monarch living in Harmonia, decides to dedicate herself to the ways of Martial Arts, in the hopes of saving her home from Luca Blight. She travels to the Nameless Lands, which if i remember are renowned for their warriors, and voila. Timeline fits.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I like the Pilika = Hanna theory. It reminds me of Shirou and Archer from Fate Stay/Night.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Normally, I don't like those "this character is really that character" theories, but I kinda like the Pilika = Hanna one. It sort of reminds me of that episode of Hercules the Legendary Journeys, when Callisto goes back in time to stop her family from being killed during Xena's attack on her village! :wink:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Pilika = Hanna is imposible...because both of them co-exist during the wartime.

How could someone make the conclution that Hanna is actually Pilika? It sounds crazy ... :!:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

As crazy as two Vikis existing in Suikoden 3? As crazy as a bunch of people going back in time 300 years in suikoden 1? It's fantasy, dear.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:As crazy as two Vikis existing in Suikoden 3? As crazy as a bunch of people going back in time 300 years in suikoden 1? It's fantasy, dear.

Two Vikis were two different people right??? They had a different SoD,so there's no way they are the same...if i'm not wrong it was clarified,that one person cannot bear 2 different Stars.

Ok it's fantasy...but that's way too...surrealistic to be true.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Similar thing also happened in Vandal Hearts, when Eleni realises that Leena is her younger self.