best father figure?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jocky

Re: best father figure?

Post by Jocky »

Lowma?! I have to admit, I have played all of the Suikoden games and completed all bar S3 and tierkris. The latter because it wasn't a proper Suikoden game, and I only had A ROM of it and the former because it was never released here in Scotland, or anywhere else in the EU for that matter. So I had to dismantle a spare PS2 I had, and buy an NTSC format of the game and 'wangle' it by loading another game up 2 the PS2 screen before quickly switching them so SIII could load up to the title screen. It was very frustrating having to do this every time I wanted to play the game, not to mention not being able to load my save from SII so I have never actually completed 3, or been able to get into the storyline for that matter. I intend to correct this in the next week or 2 after completing SII because I promised myself that I would endure all these little problems in order to, for the first time, complete it! So I have no idea who Lowma is, or if I did I have forgotten, and unfortunately the description for him in the Character List is rather, erm, lacking?! :P
henry

Post by henry »

Suikoden 2 starts with Genkaku as a father for Riou, until he's killed, but I think Victor basically becomes his adopted father during the game. Other fathers in the game are Gilbert, Freed, Tsai, Ridley, and Gustav. one might also consider Humphrey a father figure for Futch in this game.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I think Viktor is more of an uncle type figure than a parent figure. He doesn't really try to be a "good" influence on the young heroes. Certainly not with McDohl because he was picking pockets and starting fires just to cause a distraction, and he tries to convince Gremio to cut the umbilical cord and let the boy go off and do his own thing. I just think Viktor is more like the cool uncle who likes to drink beer and tries to get his nephew to loosen up a bit and have fun and take risks without being chaperoned all the time. He doesn't smother the boys like Gremio or Nanami do, he gives them a bit of space to become their own sort of man.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Ain't Mathiu the most father-like of all? He's quiet, clever, reassuring, he always has a solution for everything, and you eventually lose him. Sounds like the perfect dad to me.