Question about Jeanne and Shiba, & Peggi of the Lizard Clan

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jaden_X

Question about Jeanne and Shiba, & Peggi of the Lizard Clan

Post by Jaden_X »

I have a few questions about Jeanne, and Shiba as well as Peggi from the Lizard Clan. Can anyone confirm this.

1. Does Jeanne have the Rune of Change? She's been in every single game which implies she has a true rune. She is shrouded in mystery much like the Syndar's in the game. In one of the games they state that the Syndar's possess the Rune of Change which causes them to frequently migrate to new locations. Even though the Syndar have gone missing, the Rune must still exist. Could Jeanne be the leader of the Syndar who held the Rune of Change, which causes her to migrate to the different countries in every game?

2. I remember reading an investigation that stated Peggi was actually female and that she is often confused for a Male lizard. The investigations appear to change depending on the chapter of the game, so I'm looking for confirmation of this because Suikosource states Peggi is Male. Apparently it is hard to differentiate between Male and Female lizards. I noticed Peggi had Red Claws, which bring's to question if Shiba is also a Female because Shiba also has Red Claws. This may explain the bath scene with Bazba, Shiba, and Dupa. Where Bazba is upset because people confuse him with Shiba, which could be due to the fact that Shiba is possibly female.

Comments, Theories, or Opinions welcome. Thanks you.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Question about Jeanne and Shiba, & Peggi of the Lizard C

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

1. No.

2. No.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's been officially stated (and reiterated on these boards ad nauseum) that Jeane doesn't hold a True Rune.
Jaden_X

Post by Jaden_X »

Ok, than the next question is why is Jeanne in every game? She clearly is not human. If they officially stated she has no True Rune, I assume they may have explained why yes? A simple No is not a good enough answer to just warrant that she doesn't have a True Rune. Maybe it's a subsidiarry Rune like the Bright Shield? It's just too unusual to think otherwise... unless there are Jeanne clones and decendants with the same style and personality. I also appologize if this has been mentioned in the boards, I've never really noticed the question before.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

If we knew the answers to questions regarding Jeanne, she wouldn't be nearly as interesting, now would she?
Algus

Post by Algus »

My guess has always been that in a world with as much magic as Suikoden, there are probably ways to cheat death (or prolong life) besides bearing a True Rune. Jeanne seems to be a very powerful Rune Sage so she probably knows a few tricks.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I've read somewhere that Jeanne is not one person,but 5 different people who are related and they share the same name....so since she doesn't have any True Rune as Lemmy said,and she appeared in S4 which is the oldest one in chronological order....that theory being 5 different people who are related,is the most reliable.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Like Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy from Pokemon? I hope not.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Sasarai10 wrote:I've read somewhere that Jeanne is not one person,but 5 different people who are related and they share the same name....so since she doesn't have any True Rune as Lemmy said,and she appeared in S4 which is the oldest one in chronological order....that theory being 5 different people who are related,is the most reliable.
Yes, but the dog koroku in S3 and eresh in S5 know something else about her.
Look how Jeane told the dog to not tell anyone about her true self or it might scare people, why with just the resemblance among family members could scare anyone?
Eresh always talk of herself as if she's just someone who is temporily residing in that body we see and she call it her "vessal" then refers to Jeane as comrade so i'm not sure if that's ok to say Eresh and Jeane both employ the same method to make this eye deceiving trick.
So im guessing Jeane's true form is actually a spirit/a fairy/ or even a good will succubus( the charm rune gives me this thought)