Who is the strongest female character in Suikoden Series?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
blood_angel

Who is the strongest female character in Suikoden Series?

Post by blood_angel »

Original Suikoden in China just have a few female characters. In Suikoden game series, a lot of female characters appeared and each one of them had a special skilled! So which one you consider to be the best/ the strongest female character in the series?

In my opinion :

Suikoden I : Cleo is the best since she good at both magic & physical. Valeria, Sonya & Milia were another choice ^^

Suikoden II : Sierra is my favorite since she has a powerful magic & very cute ^^. Nanami is the best too since we must use her all over the time =) Kasumi, Oulan, Wakaba good too!

Suikoden III : Queen & Chris (cannot choose who is the best since both of them were very strong).

Suikoden IV : Kika 1st! Maxine is good too!

Suikoden V : Although Sialeeds is my most favorite character but since she is not a star of destiny so Cathari is my best choice. Lyon & Isabel was best too!

And during all of the Suikoden Series, my favorite & strongest female character is Sierra. She is the best, no one can beat her ^^
Vermillion.Haze

Re: Who is the strongest female character in Suikoden Series

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

This is simple enough. Playable: Zerase NPC: Leknaat/Windy/Sarah/Arshtat

Stat wise Zerase is easily the strongest female character. Leknaat,Windy,Sarah,Arshtat while NPC's all had/have access to magic to become contenders of strongest female.

Of course I like to think "Sierra" deserves a mention assuming she is equal to if not more powerfull then Neclord now.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

S5 stats are inflated. Nuff said.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Silver Maiden

Post by Silver Maiden »

Surprisingly, I think Emily from Suikoden 3 is the strongest since she can hit the enemy about 6 times or so with her swing skill and many of these hits are critical. She may be able to do the most damage of any other female characters for a physical attack.

Of course Chris is a very strong physical attacker and her parry ability is helpful. Kika and Mitsuba are good physical attackers. Zerase, Bernadette, Sarah, Estella and Sierra are very powerful mages
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

Valeria. Her attacks are so powerful that she can break the limit of the amount of damage you can deal, this in turn will heal your opponent instead. I'm not even kidding, due to some glitches with the stats in SII Valeria is the only character in the series (as far as I know) that can break the laws of physics like this. She's officially the Chuck Norris of the Suikoverse.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

Very strictly speaking, the "strongest" character, i.e. the who who has the highest strength, might be Helga from SIV. There wasn't any female character in any of the games that could top out at over 200 strength, whereas Helga was a cool 220-240.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

not a good idea to compare character's strength from the whole series. In S5 cathari has 400+ power as default at lv 60. and with her gun at lv16 she reaches 650+ .
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

Well, first off I was being literal for humor's sake.

And secondly, I believe someone has already mentioned that in this very thread-the fact that s5's stats are totally inflated and thus should not really be considered. Plus, considering Cathari is so skinny and has to rely on a gun, I'd still rather have the bulky and double-axe wielding Helga.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

May be we could compare them according to their damage output as a single attacker. High str with less rune slot is litterally considerred weak anyway.

S1: Valeria, Ronnie Bell running up next
S2: Wakaba ( Keep her at low hp, White tiger would then always deal x3 damage , 1 free rune slot available ), then Karen (twin ringx2 damage, 2 free rune slots) , Rina 3 free rune slots.
S3: Ronnie Bell's daughter Emily
S4: Kika for sure then Mizuki
S5: Miakis sure is standing out
Tierkreis: Diwica, Resno (if Austers arent counted then Chrodechild would be the best female attacker)
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Punkaiser wrote:Tierkreis: Diwica, Resno (if Austers arent counted then Chrodechild would be the best female attacker)
If we look at unequipped characters, this is wrong, Servillah has more SKill and a a better Attack stat. Eusmil and Lycia both have a higher Attack stat than Chrodechild. Fredegund is really just the same as Chrodechild (with two stats swapped). Lathilda has a higher Attack stat, but a low Skill stat so that makes her worse, I guess.

I think Marica? might be the best one witht he highest Strength stat of all female characters and decent Skill and Luck. Ofcourse, Chrodechild are the best when it comes to Mark of the Stars (True Falcon) and equipment (two swords in each hand, you can't beat that)
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I'm just basing on the best set up you could make on a character. You won't fight with barehand and being naked, right ? :D

Marica is the best bet for a hybrid char but for a pure role she will never stand out, take a look at stats growth at lv 50 and list of mark of stars. Her str is above average(127) magic is decent (141) so even with her ultimate physical attack Earthspasm or ultimate magic attack havoc cyclone , she won't be able to deal as much as the top physical attackers or magicians.

As for my reasoning,
-Diwica and Resno are the only Auster women we can recruit and pocess top str growth among female community
-They can dual wield 2 ggf which means +120power+200hp while Marica can't
-They also have the Mark Earthspasm(300%)
-They can equip the Giant armor something which is reserved to Auster that give +30 attack and tons of defence

Just one downside is their uber low speed , i always pick Chrodechild over them anytime for this reason. Dual wield twin/ggf is damn powerful and effective on her.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

I would also throw Norma then in for S5 if we're talking about run slots; I know Miakis is the clear number one, but Norma isn't going to be too far behind for damage output.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

if by strongest you mean, purely physical strength/damage capacity, then:

For suikoden 1, It's easily a solid tie between Ronnie and Valeria, since both of them have equally high strength, and then command runes that triple their damage, which easily puts them above and beyond anyone else. My preference is for Valeria in this case, but that's mostly because she's more important to the plot.

For suikoden 2, It'd be pretty tricky to pick between Karen, Rina, and Valeria. Karen and Rina both have average base strength, but have lots of rune slots to improve with. Valeria has the strongest stats of any woman in the game, but less rune slots to improve upon it with. However, since she has the unique ability to perform x5 damage with her falcon rune, so I'm still inclined to give this one to her as well. I like Wakaba, but having to keep in her at critical health to get her full potential makes her far less appealing.

For suikoden 3, I'd have a hard time deciding between Ayame, Cecile, Chris, Emily and Yuiri. Cecile and Emily for example, are the strongest based solely on their strength stat, but they each have various downsides when you compile skills, and rune slots and weapon strengths into the equation. Ayame and Chris can both dish out a lot of damage based on their skills and command runes. Yuiri however, critical's a ton when you combine her heavy damage and sharpshooter skills with a fixed killer rune, and then she's got two more rune slots for some more damage increasing runes, and then one of the stronger weapons in the game, all of which I think puts her on top in terms of actually dealing the most damage. It doesn't hurt her that she also is a top tier magic user too. (edit: don't know how I forgot Lucia, but she's very close to Yuiri. I still think Yuiri edges her out, by being more likely to critical over Lucia's normal damage, which is generally a little bit higher on average)

For Suikoden 4, since every character that can surpass 120 mag can get three rune slots and everyone can make it to level 99 with the training hall, it's tricky to say who's the strongest. Helga would be the strongest based purely on the strength stat, but she's unlikely to get 3 rune slots, which limits her. Kika is also limited magically, but has the falcon rune, which is a major advantage. Millay Selma, or Gretchen has high strength and high enough magic, so they could get three runes equipped, which might do it. Mizuki is the weakest naturally, but she gets the shrike rune, in addition to two others. Presuming you do a little stat stone trick, Kika is probably the winner here, since if she can get 2 runes in addition to her falcon, she's automatically ahead of everyone else. Otherwise, I'd say it's a tie between her, Millay, Gretchen, Selma, and Mizuki.

For Suikoden 5, we once again have many factors at play. If pure strength was all that mattered, Nikea would win this one easily, since she not only has the highest base strength of any woman, she also has the boar rune with it's x3 damage attack. however, she only has one other rune slot to go along with it. Meanwhile, there's two characters with 3 rune slots and solid skills that can challenge her, namely Miakis and Cathari(there's other women with 3 runes, but they don't have as good base stats or skills). Since effect runes are however less effective in this game, it's not clear to me how much of an advantage that would give them though. My preference would probably still be for Nikea, but I've definitely seen Cathari in particular do some nasty damage. Isabel is also worth considering, but I think Nikea essentially equals or betters her in all the relevant categories.

If we're talking magical strength as opposed to physical attackers, it becomes a whole different and substantially easier selection:

Suikoden 1: Tengaar strictly speaking is the strongest mage, but cleo, eileen, lotte, mina, and odessa are all up there too.

Suikoden 2: Sierra is without a doubt the strongest purely because of her rune affinity combined with her high magic stat. Worth noting Tengaar has the same magic stat, but not as good affinities, and Millie has good affinities for lightning and fire magic, but an average magic stat.

Suikoden 3: Sarah is the technically the strongest, but you don't really use her, and functionally Estella is just as good, so Estella is better in my opinion. also worth noting Young Viki, Yuiri and Yumi are all very good magic users as well.

Suikoden 4: Jeane and Maxine have the highest magic stat, and both have one good affinity each. Maxine has more secondary affinities than jeane does though, and can use three different runes, so as much as I love Jeane, the advantage goes to Maxine here.

Suikoden 5: Zerase wins this solely because of her star rune. Viki and Jeane are nearly as good as her as far as magic stats are concerned though.

If you're looking for something more balanced though:

Suikoden 1: Probably still go with Valeria, since Valeria can use her Falcon rune over and over again, whilst magic users need to regularly recharge.

Suikoden 2: Rina is probably the one I'd go with, as she's got the 3 rune slots, and a very high base magic stat, so that even if she doesn't have great rune affinities like Sierra, or base physical attack like Valeria, a lot can be done to make her a superb fighter and/or mage. This mostly has to do with the somewhat broken nature of effect runes in Suikoden 2 more than anything.

Suikoden 3: I'd go with Yuiri. She's a top tier fighter and mage, which is something most of the other women in this series cannot make a claim to.

Suikoden 4: Probably go with Selma as she's the only good physical character with a solid magic stat and a highest tier rune affinity(in water magic), making her both a solid fighter and mage.

Suikoden 5: Miakis sort of has to be the one right? She's a solid fighter, and she's also a pretty good mage, even though she's step below the true mages like Zerase or Jeane. In theory, you could put Lyon up as an alternative, but her overall stats just aren't as good as Miakis, and the Twilight rune isn't special enough to make up for it.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

S1: thumb up

S2: Valeria only has 1 free rune slot, normally her falcon dealx2. only at a certain chance (12.5%?) she would deal critical falcon => not reliable

S3: I'm still a noob , havent finished this game yet, no argument :o

S4: I can't see how the chicks like Millay or Selma could have the ticket to come to contest with Kika and Mizuki? Even with all their 3 slots filled of runes. In S4 to build a strong char, we don't have much choice but stick to dbl edge, fury(1per playthrou), and warrior rune. that's why the characters with default skill rune rock big time, (we should count effect from gear set).
Kika at lv 99 and 3rd rune slot unsealed almost reach 500 attack with the multiplier 9 times for damage, she deals 4k+ damage (no cri) per turn to Ancient Giant Crab while Mizuki deals 2.6-3k (no cri) per turn. When i launched the test for the best candidate of 3 free slots and good overall stats at lv 99 as Chiepo(180+ power 180+skill 210+ luck,master set, power ring ..etc..) , he could just deal 1.7k to that crab, and from time to time 3.3-3.5k with critical hit. Wonder which set up would ever bring Millay, Gretchen close to kika? I'm sure they will always stay inferior to the pirate queen even with 100% critical garanteed.

S5:
Cathari is a good char but can't be at top since she only has 2 free rune slots and max at 1 swing, can't equip heavy gear such as samurai set.
Isabel is ok statswise, able to wear heavy gear, but only has 2 rune slots (the only reason i stick her to party is because of her unite with mathias for 1.5x damage which seemingly represent as 3rd power rune slot for her and 4th rune slot for mathias).
Norma has 3 free rune slots but average/low stats,1 skill slot is occupied and her skill system isnt very good.
Nikea may be the one who can rival miakis, i agree. though her boar rune is only usable once. with one free rune slot for boost or dbl edge, she can make it to x6 damage non cri. while miakis got her 3 free rune slots and unite with prince, she can deal 7.2-9 times (boost+dbl edge+power+ variation from unite) of her base damage. however miakis base attack is a bit low so i still can see the possibility why you'd pick nikea though.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I gave 2 to Valeria for physical strength because she has the highest damage threshold, not because she consistently deals the most damage, although she does do consistently high damage. Rina and Karen can both claim higher damage on average if you've got the runes for it, but neither is gonna top Valeria doing x5 damage plus another damage boosting rune when she does it.

I did say that if Kika got her third rune slot, she was the clear winner. My point was that, without that third rune slot, she's only able to just contend with strong characters that do have 3 rune slots. Her stat line is actually pretty average at best, and her magic stat, which determines whether she get's that 3rd rune slot, is terrible, so that, even at level 99, it's not entirely likely she'll have a third rune slot open. Selma, Gretchen, and Millay just happen to be the three strongest female characters who all have above average magic as well, guaranteeing that 3rd rune slot. Mizuki is also likely to get 3 runes slots, it's true, and she does have the repetitive shrike rune, so she may very well end up doing more damage regularly by using that, but she'll never critical, and she is weaker than Selma, Gretchen and Millay stats wise too. So one of those three with say killer, fury and double strike, will critical beyond her power perhaps infrequently, but often enough to make it worth noting, and when they don't critical, they're still doing solid damage. under those circumstances, I'd can't really make a decision, because they all are doing very similar amounts of damage.

The reason I chose Selma for Balanced power was because I could make equally employ her as a top tier fighter and top tier mage at the same time. Mizuki and Kika are always going to be simply straight attackers. Particularly when you only use a party of 4 instead of six though, versatility is a often more valuable kind of strength. I can bring selma in with a double strike, fury, and a flowing rune and expect solid damage and solid water magic casting. Obviously, I like Kika, it's hard not to, and I'm not trying to take anything away from her. I'm just putting some light on what are probably undervalued characters in suikoden 4, of which there are many.