Who is the strongest female character in Suikoden Series?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Punkaiser

Re: Who is the strongest female character in Suikoden Series

Post by Punkaiser »

It's wrong, dude. Even if you use skill rune, critical hit will still kick in. Watch closely when Mizuki attack in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5ZPJmJ ... re=related

Unite also can inflict critical hit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVC7Hj3tNHg

It means Mizuki can inflict 2.5-3k damage as regular and 5k-6k as critical hit. I'm not sure which set Millay, Gretchen or Selma can equip but whatever they do, i don't believe they could inflict 2k/turn since Chiepo is the best in the 3 free slots group and he still can not manage do that at lv99

And as a fact, Kika actually never need the 3rd slot to be top, without that warrior rune in 3rd slot, shes already dealing 3.5k non cri per turn, that's an amount no one in this game can do...alone.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

ahh, see I'd forgotten about the ogre armor set, since like most armor in suikoden 4, it's extremely obnoxious to get all the requisite component parts for, so I never did. It does change things a lot though, since it gives any character the effect of a fury rune, so that said character can wield essentially wield 4 runes, which with their being only 3 damage boosting runes, and only 3 characters with damage boosting command runes, is a major advantage. with that advantage, kika can do the most damage, assuming she doesn't miss a lot, which is possible. The falcon rune isn't a guaranteed x3, it's a guarantee of up to x3 damage.

I still think Selma, Gretchen, and Millay are solid characters though, and perhaps that you've underestimated them.

It may be also be possible Chiepoo can't reach 2k damage, but then he isn't actually the best when it comes to stats. At base stats, Gretchen is only a handful of points below Chiepoo in strength, but her substantially higher pdf means she'll actually surpass him when you equip a warrior rune to both of them. Ignoring the bonus from armor, which they both can equally claim and using the stat growth guide's numbers, Chiepoo's combined attack is 493, and Gretchen's is 510 including base strength, level 16 weapons, and the bonus from warrior. Dario and Axel are even more powerful when given warrior runes, and at level 99, they'd be on the cusp of possibly getting that third rune slot too.

It's actually one of the cool things about the warrior rune in suikoden 4 in that there's several characters, who when given the right armor and accessories, the warrior rune can actually be better than a fury rune. In suikoden 2, the only fighters than could really make that happen were Gangetsu, Hanna, and Oulan by leveling them up to 99 and using the best available armor. In Suikoden 3 and 5, it simply couldn't be done at all(well, in 3 it could be done, but only through serious abuse of the rep stone, as the nearest character, Watari, still needs a boost of about 75 points in Rep to make it happen)
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

It's true Chiepo doesnt surpass many in term of str, but what makes him valuable is his skill+luck base, just second to reinbach. With master set, chiepo reaches 14% critical with no killer equipped(im using the formula cri rate=(skill+luck)/32) while most of others have around 8%

I'd suppose both gretchen and chiepo equip master set(10%damage bonus+20% skill bonus)
Chiepo power=490
Gretchen power=510
Damage diference = (510-490)x2(dbl strike)x1.5(fury)x1.1(master set)= 66 damage

Since i'm watching Chiepo deals his normal attack 1730 hp to A.G.crab , i'd assume gretchen deals 1800 hp then
now with the critical x2 damage come to account
Chiepo has 14% to deal 2x and 86% to deal 1xdamage => his average damage= 1730x ( 2x 0.14 + 1x 0.86)=1972
For gretchen 's average damage= 1800x (2x 0.08 + 1x 0.92)= 1944
Chiepoo win the hand, and yet his speed is adorable.

The flaw in my theory is that i'm not sure who can equip which gear set. I checked Chiepoo, only master set is good enough and available for him. If Millay or Gretchen or -whoever- can equip Ogre set, then they sure have upper hand. May be you should write a character/gear availability guide? :lol:

For kika, she has top skill growth, so miss rate is very slim for her, and each falcon hit is a seperate attack so with her 10% base critical rate, it's much likely that every round falcon will do slightly more than 3x with her 11 hits performance. I really look down on warrior rune here, power rune in S5 is way better.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

hmm, I'd be careful about using Suikoden 2's critical hit formula. While a lot of the stats are similar between the two games, there's enough differences that creates a reasonable suspicion that there's a probably few slightly different formulas at work. Anyway, I do believe at least Gretchen can wear the ogre set, and wouldn't be surprised if Millay and Selma could as well. I'll try verifying that at some point when I have a game save in the appropriate place.