suikoden 5 characters

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
xtian3426

suikoden 5 characters

Post by xtian3426 »

do you think it is possible that some characters in SV is alive in the timeplot of Dunan war? seeing that Georg is alive in SII.

and by the way did Georg aged? he looks the same from SII and SV XD
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Belle

Re: suikoden 5 characters

Post by Belle »

There's a timeline on the website (under the History section), as well as the year of birth on many of the characters bios.

And yes, Georg aged. He is younger in Suikoden V.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

well he still have the same looks haha anyhow he doesn't look that young either in SV haha
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Yes, canonically virtually all of the characters from SV would be indicated to be alive by the time of S1. Killey, Lorelai, Georg, Jeane (possibly), to name just four. Lymsleia would have had to have been murdered or forcibly deposed to have passed away.

In other <i>Suikoden</i> spin-offs, it's made clear when characters pass on, i.e. Maxmillian. Seeing as there is no canon announcement, I assume unless it's made clear elsewhere, they would live out their normal life-spans. Maybe some of the older characters like Babbage may be dead by the time <i>Suikoden III</i> hits, but that's an assumption and by no means canon.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who hopes Babbage dies - he doesn't really like him very much!
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
Shasarazawoowoo

Post by Shasarazawoowoo »

Bumping up an old thread, I'd like to just add that at least two of the SoDs from V more likely aren't alive - for one, Fuwalafuwalu's ending states that he passes away after the war, thus passing his duties on to Maroon as head of the Beaver Lodge.

Doesn't say exactly WHEN he passes away, but given the phrasing, it's likely not very long after the end of Suiko V. On the plus side, at least it seems he returns home and dies peacefully and happily, I'd wager. Or at least I hope, given that I'm one of the few who actually liked the beaver folk.

Of course, we also know Shun Min is murdered between V and II, though exactly when this occurs isn't clear. She could still be alive by the time the Gate Rune War ends, for all we know - I haven't seen a death date listed anywhere, we just know that she's dead at least by the time we recruit Hai Yo.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Georg does look older in S2. we can only see the side of his face, but he has lines, and you can probably find shots of him from Suikogaiden looking quite weathered. In S5, Georg's features are very smooth and youthful.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

I would have loved to have found out what they were going to do with the Shun Min, Min Min & Hai Yo story arc, if anything! Knowing that she was murdered trying to protect and pass on the Blue Moon Bird Recipe to Hai Yo just to have him rip it up is a tragedy! I hoped when SVI came out it was possibly going to be between V & II in the Nameless Lands region or something (I think Sancho (Maximillian's lackey) mentioned that he had to return here to this vague area because a war started in his homeland), possibly with Hai Yo and Shun Min in it as a young couple with grand dreams of overflowing restaurants with food made from the heart. Maybe having to elope to these countries because Retso didn't approve and they wanted to be together. This way there could be a few characters included from V, I & II and a bunch of brand new ones making up the best roster in a Suikoden game to date! But this is maybe just my wishful thinking....
What do you think guys?