[Suikoden III]Sana, wife of the original Flame Champion

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
ninjaluc79

[Suikoden III]Sana, wife of the original Flame Champion

Post by ninjaluc79 »

If you can create a Suikoden game with the original FC as the hero and you can make Sana a playable character, what class would you like her to be: an archer, a mage, or better yet, a Rune Archer?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: [Suikoden III]Sana, wife of the original Flame Champion

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

The original FC never had a name so I always assumed he'd be a nameable protagonist in a future game down the line. And since Sana would play a fairly big role in his life it would only be normal to expect her to be a fairly strong character in that game, so I say Rune Archer.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Given that Sana is a pacifist from a village of pacifists in suikoden 3, it's hard to justify her being any kind of a fighter. If anything, she'd be a support mage. That would be the only type of playable character type that would fit her personality and background.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

So a tag-along plot-support character to the Flame Champion, like how Yohn was to Kyril?

I'm inclined to agree though, especially since strangely enough Chisha Clan didn't directly contribute as soldiers within the Fire Bringers' ranks.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Say, a mage of any element that is Wind, Water, or Earth? Hell, she might even wield a Shield Rune like Aila.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

i'd be fine with either a support character with no direct combat ability(but could be a support char for a party or in wars) or a mage specializing in probably one or more of the following: earth/shield/water magic.

I really wouldn't want her to be that close to the flame champion for combat purposes in the same way that say Gremio, Nanami, Snowe, or Lyon were for their respective protagonists. I say this for two reason: the first being that the conversations and flashbacks you see in suikoden 3 suggest that most of the flame champion's military actions were done without Sana being there, I think based on a combination of her not wanting to personally fight as well as the flame champion's desire not to have harm come to her(particularly given the massive amount of collateral damage the true fire rune could cause). So while he clearly loved her and confided in her, he didn't bring her along everywhere with him. When it came to a fight, it was Geddoe and Wyatt/Jimba at his side, not Sana.

Secondly, I wouldn't want her to be that kind of character since at least in my opinion, those characters(the one's I named earlier) have often been let downs statistically speaking, given their overall importance to the plot, and there's always been another character who comes in and is a superior replacement to them(for example, Lyon is replaced by Miakis, Snowe by Kika). As a support character, she could still be very influential to the plot, just as say the strategists are, and you wouldn't be complaining about having to stick her in your party all the time.