Rowd and Solon Jhee

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
xtian3426

Re: Rowd and Solon Jhee

Post by xtian3426 »

haha oh lol i forgot about that. yeah the spies thingy. guess he got brains in saving himself huh? well too bad for Solon Jhee who got executed earlier.
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
Vermillion.Haze

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

Most sources say he bailed out of highland after his numerous defeats. I like to think Jowy took care of him whilst he was king. But that's just me.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

According to one source I've read Rowd wanted Luikan to cure his sister so it's possible we'll see him again around Toran someday.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
FoggyNotion

Post by FoggyNotion »

Solon Jhee is basically just a plot device. I always thought it was strange that Luca decided to execute him but didn't directly go after any of the other generals earlier, namely Kiba & Klaus, both of whom he distrusted from the beginning, and whom he would've had a decent excuse to get rid of since they lost Two River (like Solon Jhee lost at North Window, despite having a pretty good track record aside from that, apparently). All I can figure is that Kiba & Klaus may have been more established, had more internal support, so Luca/Jowy/Leon had to be more tactful in how they got them out of the way, since they obviously wouldn't have gone along with their plans to knock off Agares. But anyway, I guess Solon Jhee had to be there to A) show that Luca is pretty crazy and reckless, B) show how Luca lost internal support by scaring the hell out of his generals (namely Culgan & Seed) C) give Riou a big name general to defeat to boost his reputation and D) get out of the picture to pave the way for Jowy's rise in the military.

As far as Rowd is concerned, I imagine that he would be protected somewhat since he did go along with Luca's plans to attack the Unicorn Brigade to justify the war. He did Luca a favor, so Luca would give him a promotion and generally trust him more. At Greenhill Rowd even tells Jowy that Luca had told him to keep an eye on him. But he didn't have much upward mobility beyond that because he simply wasn't anything special. I can't imagine that Jowy paid much mind to him one way or the other. Apparently he left the country after the war, maybe with the sister.