where did Geddoe get the true lightning rune from?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
LadyMikain

where did Geddoe get the true lightning rune from?

Post by LadyMikain »

where did Geddoe get the true lightning rune from? did he steal it from harmonia or did he stumble across it randomly? does anybody have any info on this?
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history.-Pahn. Suikoden.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Re: where did Geddoe get the true lightning rune from?

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I always assumed that he stole it from Harmonia but it would have been far earlier then when Wyatt stole his True Water Rune from there. The only information i can remember about that is when Geddoe says something like "it was like an accident in my youth" about obtaining the rune, which is quite vauge. Thats from the suikoden III manga which isnt considered "canon" apparantly.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Night Shadow

Re: where did Geddoe get the true lightning rune from?

Post by Night Shadow »

didnt harmonia ruin ged's homeland? i would guess they were after the rune in the first place, and that the rune was somewhere hidden wherever he's from. and knowing that the runes choose their bearers most of the time, i guess it just drifted towards ged.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."