Miklotov...Can someone explain it?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Nikisaur

Re: Miklotov...Can someone explain it?

Post by Nikisaur »

LadyMikain wrote:Miklotovs ok, hes a bit boring. Fred is my favorite knight, i wonder if Maximillian was fit when he was freds age?

@nikisaur: i love soulcaliber taki is my favorite but voldo is easiest to use i think.
I think his 'boringness' is part of his character. I LOVE Fred. He's cute and shield blocks EVERYTHING.
I love SC too :) Xianghua is my giiiirl. And Cassandra.
gilgamesh31 wrote: Miklotov's oath breakage is number seven just behind Thomas vs the Zexan council at six and Rahal dressing up as his sister at five. Wow! number seven out of 108...really? He must be a hell of alot more popular then i ever realized was possible.
I think it's more about the ideas of loyalty, and what it means to go back on an oath rather than Miklotov's popularity with fans. Loyalty is a strong theme in Suikoden and the development team obviously put time and effort into the Matilda Knights' story. It was one of the video game scenes which I found very moving. Rahal dressing up as a woman doesn't deserve to be above that in my opinion.

Also, could you tell us what the top 5 were? If you can work it out. That might be a good topic to start if there isn't already one about memorable/moving scenes?
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Lizardman all the way! Cevantes is second place...I guess Miklotov did get another story in Suikogaiden which added to his character a little.
Yeah someone should make a topic about most moving scenes or best story arc because alot of these seem a bit half arsed.

So #5 is Rahals cross dressing escapade. #4 is the Fog ship #3's justs a screen shot of Kyril and that blond 11 year old hes groming standing in a room by themselves. i dont really remember that game too well. #2 shows the daughter of that dude from IV who dies and lazlo gets his rune from (both their names escape me) saluting the tower where he died... is there some significence to that scene? #1 is when Hugo repels the Harmonian army at Brass Castle. See what i mean?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Nikisaur wrote:
LadyMikain wrote:Miklotovs ok, hes a bit boring. Fred is my favorite knight, i wonder if Maximillian was fit when he was freds age?

@nikisaur: i love soulcaliber taki is my favorite but voldo is easiest to use i think.
I think his 'boringness' is part of his character. I LOVE Fred. He's cute and shield blocks EVERYTHING.
I love SC too :) Xianghua is my giiiirl. And Cassandra.
gilgamesh31 wrote: Miklotov's oath breakage is number seven just behind Thomas vs the Zexan council at six and Rahal dressing up as his sister at five. Wow! number seven out of 108...really? He must be a hell of alot more popular then i ever realized was possible.
I think it's more about the ideas of loyalty, and what it means to go back on an oath rather than Miklotov's popularity with fans. Loyalty is a strong theme in Suikoden and the development team obviously put time and effort into the Matilda Knights' story. It was one of the video game scenes which I found very moving. Rahal dressing up as a woman doesn't deserve to be above that in my opinion.

Also, could you tell us what the top 5 were? If you can work it out. That might be a good topic to start if there isn't already one about memorable/moving scenes?

I'm a mean Raphael myself.

And yeah, Miklotov did something very few actually does (Until a bit later in the game where basically a chunk of the Knights do it.)
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Ugh, figures they would focus on the plots of the later Suikodens rather than the earlier (read: better) ones.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah its typical, at least Tierkreis didnt make an apperance. I'll give you the top 5's from the (better) first two games:

Suikoden II
#5. Annabelles assassination.
#4. Genkaku and Hans fixed duel ontop Jowston hill.
#3. Nanami's “death”.
#2. Jowy's ascention to the throne.
#1. Miki disiss Gorudo.

Suikoden
#5. Time travelling back to the village of the hidden rune.
#4. Teds death in seek valley.
#3. Odessa brief apperance.
#2. Being imprisoned by the Elves.
#1. Recruiting Mathiu.

Those are not the best scenes i dont know how they worked this out? How is being in elf jail above Odessa or Teds deaths? Hows is Miklotov involved in apparantly the best “episode” in Suikoden II. Something aint right here...
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

Ahhh, Annabelles death came as a big surprise. I was sort of hoping for Viktor to come dashing in at the last minute to save her.

One question with the Miklotov dissing Gorudo thing though. What did he remove from his chest? Something like a pin? A plaque or whatever of allegiance?
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah i didnt see that comming, Jowy a badass assassin for highland who would have thought it possible!? Its got to be one of my favorite story arcs in Suikoden II along with the whole Neclords invasion of Tinto (I know the whole doppleganger secret was bullshit but i really enjoyed that part of the game anyway) and visiting Gregminster (minus having to bring Freed Y along with you). Whats your favorite story arcs in Suikoden II?

I believe that it was the emblem that he swore his oath of knighthood on that he discarded, yeah like a pledge of allegiance sort of thing.
Dark Celcius

Post by Dark Celcius »

Sometimes I forget I have an account here...time to stop lurking.

I have to admit that I'm a huge Miklotov fan probably because of how he showed loyalty as described earlier. I was also a teenager when playing Suikoden 2 and very impressionable? I also never thought he was attractive...his looks are boring :)

I don't know if it was a medal, emblem, small pin, etc., but I think it was definitely something that could be pinned to his coat.

Also, there is no way Mik dissing Gorudo is the #1 scene. In my opinion it has to be at least lower than Nanami's "death". The Suikoden 1 order is even stranger.
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

@Gilgamesh: is there a website i can see photos of this book or could you scan the suikoden 4s top five please? :)

@Dark Celcius: your right miklotov does look boring at least from the neck up. i thought it was a pin as well but wateva it was it was to be with being a knight. i like this scene but my fav from suikoden 2 are the Luca blight battle, the greenhill student storyline and the neclord and Seirra part obviously! :D
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history.-Pahn. Suikoden.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I just played through the game, and I don't know exactly what about Miklotov's behavior in Muse made him a "douche." He simply told Camus not to be late or something, and then apologized when he met Riou again at the Forest Path. So.... which part makes him a douche?

And that list above? No "die pig"? Really?
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

It makes him a douche because when Camus was aplogizing for Gorudo knocking into nanami, Miklotovs all like: "Camus what are you doing?" as if there was no need to apologize. Then when he meets them again in the forest near Matlida he apologizes for his actions only because he never knew of the great man that Riou would become, thats a bit snobby aint it? He even knows he was a douche or he wouldnt have apologized.

Theres alot of scans on this site, but it doesnt include any of the best episode pages: http://cgi.ebay.com/Genso-Suikoden-Maru ... 48409d83e0

My scanners broken and it doesnt have them in top 5 epidodes from each game, its 108 best episodes from the entire history of the Suikoden games, barring Tierkries and Card stories. When i get home ill try and work them out and let you know the IV's top 5.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Thanks Gilgamesh! That really would make a good new topic. Some scenes are really emotional and awesome, but their ranking system seems a bit off...
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Ok, ive mentioned the top 2 before, but i cant remember what happens when the girl leader of the knights of razril (the one who washes up at the pirates den) salutes the tower in razril, where her father died. Then at number two its the Fog ship chapter.

3. Shows a sceneshot of that dude Izak in the foreground, with Lazlo, Reinheart and Mazuki behind him? I dont even remember this scene, that shows how rememberble it was.

4. Is the bit when you get the help for Axel's island with the elfs on. This was one of the stronger parts of the game i agree.

5. Is when Lazlo gets the rune from Glen Cott and gets exiled. which is probably the best out of the five here, but theres not even a sniff of Troy or Eleanores scenes?

No problem Niki, i think your right. We do need a new topic for this, the truth is that Miklotov's just too damn boring to get another page. Or is anyone else not convinced that he is a bit of a douche?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

He's not a bit of a douche. There is one scene in the entire Game where you could even draw the lines of that behaviour.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:? Yeah... I dont know what that means mate, but have fun with that anyway. Looks like there really is nothing left to say about ol'miky boy now. I still cant understand all the love he gets but oh well i can live with never knowing.