Miklotov...Can someone explain it?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
highwind44029

Re: Miklotov...Can someone explain it?

Post by highwind44029 »

Well, others have already given their explanations but apparently it's not enough for your satisfaction. It seems that none of us will obviously convince you even though a few have already weighed in on this and brought up a lot of valid points so I don't exactly know what the point of this thread is anymore.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Thats what im saying. You asked me to explain what i think makes him a douche, ive explained it giving my valid points (read my post on the last page with the website link if you missed it). Your only proving my point further by not adding anything new about Miklotov. I wanted to understand why he was so popular and i got my answers. I still dont like him and find him boring both in design and personality wise. I dont know what conclusion your looking for? Lock the topic for all i care.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Convincing him isn't the point. As long as he understands why people like Miklotov, which I hope he does by now (right Gilgamesh?), he's still entitled to his opinion. I think he's a fantastic character and great addition to the cast of Suikoden 2, but I understand why people think he's boring or whatever.

Question asked, question answered.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Thanks Niki, i couldnt have said it better myself. Of course i can understand why people like him, he risked his life going to Muse and stood up to Gorudo, these are noble achievments but that doesnt make him anyless boring to me because i already know those storylines from playing the game. I just thought there might be a deeper reason why people liked him other then he did a couple of good deeds but theres not.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

i can give you an easy answer, gilgamesh. miklotov is eye candy for all the ladies out there. don't you get all starry eyed by that dashing haircut of his? :lol:

really, i think that's just one of the main reasons why people like him. that, and his good buddy camus. the two make a duo a lot of people like seeing. imo, camus always had my vote. he always knew how to swoon nanami. that takes serious skills. :lol:
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:lol: Your right, Miklotov's a walking sexbomb ready to explode! How could i have been so blind to the truth all of this time?...
FliktorForce5

Post by FliktorForce5 »

Well, this may be a moot point but the pin that Miklotov throws down has relevance to some of the knightly traditions I've read about. At the ceremony where one is knighted, the knight would make his oaths then rise to be first embraced by his new family, then a pin would be presented to him by the head of the order who would then punch it into his chest with a swift strike. The following commanding officiers would then repeat the process of embracing the knight and striking the pin to remind him that with the comfort of his position also comes the hard pain of duty and he cannot deny one without denying the other. After the ceremony knights would wear the pin, usually as a cloak clasp or amulet, by way of an outward show of fealty and responsibility. It's also a prized posession among the knights because you have to work from the age 6-10 as a page to 16-20 when you finally rise to knighthood, so it represents at least a decade of one's life in pursuit of a single goal. When Mikolotov casts it aside he is literally casting aside his family, his duty, and his life, all in the name of a greater duty, his own conscience, his ideals of right and wrong. It was this sense of knightly virtue that made him endearing as a character, I just think it's unfortunate that after all was said and done he still ended up with all the personality of a 2x4 with a bowl cut.
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...
FliktorForce5

Post by FliktorForce5 »

As to the other half of your initial post, being something along the lines of 'why aren't other knight characters like Pesmerga talked about as much' I think it may have something to do with the fact that a lot of these characters, interesting as they may be, are not really knightly characters so much as dudes in heavy armor. Heck I think Belcoot comes off as being more knight-like in his demeanor and bearing than most people who are depicted in the heavier armors and I was kind of dissapointed when he didn't take a position as a queen's knight at the end of SV. The knights of Zexen were really neat, but you kind of have to take them into consideration as a group, not necessarily as a single character. Not to say that they don't have personalities all their own, they certainly do, but you can't really talk about one without bringing up another. I also really liked that they all had a thing for Chris because it's a bit more like real life that way, I mean finding someone out there who's incredibly pretty and shares a "common interest that's not too common" is a pretty powerful aphrodesiac, I mean look at gilgamesh's (and probably every other single fella's) reaction when Nikisaur first jumped onto this thread; "She's that pretty and she posts on this forum? Well the plane ticket to New Zealand is probably going to be cheaper than the ring..." Like it or not Niki, I think you may have just set yourself up to be the Chris Lightfellow of the suikosource forums simply by posting what I choose to assume is your own picture. It certainly set my heart a-thumpin. The fact that Chris actually lives up to her fantasy image adds to it, and let's face it she's got no real competition in the boys club that is the Zexen knights. I guess I'm trying to say that one of the reasons Miklotov is brought up so often is because he takes something like knighthood with all the gravity that it deserves, as an individual first, as a member of a knightly order second.
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...