Windamier questions

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Hirathien

Re: Windamier questions

Post by Hirathien »

If you look at how everything Luc is in comparison to how everything around Luc is, it's so different stories so you can't point at him and say "look how he turned out".

I have no more insight in Klaus' thoughts than anyone else, but I just read what's there, nothing else. He seems to be quite the noble fellow, which is why I doubt he'd turn on anyone. And besides, he's a smart man, he knew the world would be in chaos with Luca there, so ofcourse the easiest way to get rid of Luca is to join the people trying to take him down in the first place.

The alternative choice Kiba had, was really none, if no one would attack Viktor's fort, there would be no distraction, meaning more people would eventually die. Arguably, they could have chosen another person to attack it, but seeing as Kiba is a brilliant general and a force to be reckoned with, it would be foolish to choose someone lesser.

And really, if Klaus is supressing his hatred, waiting for the right time to strike. What would he gain? It's so stupid, it's like, Juppo is back in Suikoden VI to be the last boss because he wasn't used enough in Suikoden and it pisses him off to no end!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

:shock: Dude you seriously need to chill out, as ive said on a couple of occasions now: I said that I thought it would be cool to see. I didnt say its going to happen or that its even likely to happen, i dont think its likely it would happen but its possible as he HAS done it once before and people DO change, maybe Luc was a weak example but we all know it can only take one event to completly change peoples personality. Thats like meeting Luca as a child before his mother was raped and saying that he would never slaughter innocent people because its doesnt fit into his behavior patterns. Klaus was only 18 in Suikoden II he's still growing up.
Hirathien wrote:The alternative choice Kiba had, was really none
Im glad we can finally agree on this point, Shu really left him without a choice it was a either kill yourself or we all die including you anyway deal.

Lets say that Fitcher and Teresa are steering the Dunan Republic in a direction that Klaus doesnt agree with, he thinks: what was my father sacrificed for actually? And since he pledged his alligance to Riou and not Teresa and crew he doesnt really owe them anything. Like i say highly unlikely but entirely possible therefore rendering your:
Hirathien wrote:It's so stupid, it's like, Juppo is back in Suikoden VI to be the last boss because he wasn't used enough in Suikoden and it pisses him off to no end!

Quote a bit flat, although i appreciate the humor i think your attempting to convey. I have no problem discussing these possibilities with people that dont agree with me infact i was enjoying this debate but if this is going to turn into another "lets dismiss any theory as stupid impossibilities argument" then you can have it mate, im not bothered in the slightest if you agree with me that it would be cool or not so whats your actual purpose in attempting to belittle my intelligence with ridiculously over the top comparisons?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Oh trust me, I'm quite relaxed when writing these. I just hardly use any smileys and apperantly, without them, you can come across as an uptight... Well, arse.

And no, I'm not trying to belittle you. Infact, you made a rather good point with Klaus turning against Theresa if they try to turn Dunan into something else than they promised, rendering Kiba's death quite, worthless.

But really, that Juppo thing was actually only there because at first, it seemed like you had no arguments to why Klaus would turn on anyone, so, to me, it would be just as silly as that. But now, that you explained why, I can actually understand your reasoning.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I shouldnt really have to make up theories on possible futures just so my ideas arnt ridiculed. Hell i wasnt even speculating i was just stating what might be cool to see. But whatever it gave the discussion some spark i guess. :|

:oops: And youre right i have been overusing these smileys, usually i dont bother but im getting quite fond of these ones from ol' suikosource :P
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

^ smileys are always fun. =P but anyway, both of your points are well taken.

imo, kibas choice to "sacrifice" himself wasnt only for the sake of the army he was fighting for, but clearly also for klaus. and i think to some extent, klaus knew that. hes a pretty smart guy after all. once they switched sides, it was a deal written in stone. if you read a lot about japanese history, there have been occasions where foes turn into friend, and all loyalty is turned 360 degrees with the switch.

anyway, it would be cool to think of klaus actually being some sneaky, bloodthirsty 2nd luca blight with sierra by his side. :D wishful thinking.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
FoggyNotion

Post by FoggyNotion »

Klaus is interesting. He's very mature for his age in many ways; he's obviously intelligent, and very well-mannered. Remember how he makes a point of formally introducing himself to Riou at Two River & Radat, even when they are on opposite sides at that point. He clearly has a lot of respect for Riou even when they are enemies, and he seems to be more loyal to individuals he respects (first Agares, then Riou) than he is to any country. He's reserved & thoughtful for the most part, but has a quiet intensity that shows itself at times. I can't see him ever becoming 'evil' so to speak but he certainly has an independent streak, and I think if he felt that someone he was working for no longer deserved his respect then he would move on, based on his history, anyway. It is interesting that at the end of the game Klaus is studying under Shu, the man who, for all intents and purposes, sent his father to his death, but also the man that Kiba entrusted with looking after his son (figuring that he would die in battle). That has to be a complicated relationship.

I'd like to see more of Klaus, I doubt it will happen, but it would be interesting to see. One thing I always wondered, how well did he know Jowy? And what was their relationship like? They would've been contemporaries in a way, around the same age, "rising stars" in the Highland military, but also rivals, with Klaus loyal to Agares and Jowy working for Luca. It seemed like Jowy did plan to get Kiba & Klaus out of the way because Luca didn't trust them and so that they would have a better shot at killing Agares. It would be interesting to get into the intrigue of how all that went down.