About Adlai's invention?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

About Adlai's invention?

Post by gilgamesh31 »

In suikogaiden it is revealed that Adlai's elevator is operated by muscular men in masks pulling on weighted ropes but when you visit Tinto city you clearly use an elevator to reach the mines without these men, which Adlai apparantly enstooled some time earlier. Im not sure if its a translation error or not but which one did he actually invent? We know that Shizu inherits his masked men secret in III but did he steal Sergei's invention aswell? :?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Antimatzist

Re: About Adlai's invention?

Post by Antimatzist »

gensopedia says he invented both. Why do you say the one in Tinto doesnt use manpower?

Also, maybe as a prototype, it uses animals instead of men.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

The two elevators from II and III use manpower but the titans pulling on the ropes are hidden behind walls but the elevators in Tinto dont have any walls to hide the Titans behind. Its probably a continuity error but i though maybe someone might be able to explain it?
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

well, i tried reading a couple of gensosuikoden 2 books i have, though im doing it with much difficulty (its in japanese). cant seem to find anything about the elevator in tinto. i would guess then that its a plot error overlooked by konami. theyre known to have a lot of those. or, we could also speculate that somewhere in the past, people from tinto were able to come in contact with elevator makers from the past (maybe even the other suikoden characters from 4 or 5?), elevators that dont use man power. i DO remember a brief cameo of adlais elevator chaps in suikogaiden but im not exactly sure. ill try to play it again when i have the time,.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

It's already established that some technology of this kind may exist, I'm refering to Tricksters of course. In SI Juppo had created those robot-warriors and that wheel of fortune-thingy, so elevators probably wouldn't be that hard to pull off in comparison.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Didn't juppo steal the technology from the dwarfs though because they had even stronger robots. I wonder who had the technology first the dwarves or the sinder?
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

If what I'm reading at Gensopedia is correct the dwarves got "alchemy" from the Sindar and with this they developed the technology they have today. The Burning Mirror was stolen from their vault so there is a possibility that some of their technology has leaked out at points. I wouldn't know anything about Juppo being the one that stole from them though, maybe the dwarves and Tricksters just have the same or a similar source of knowledge.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!