Badeaux??

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Badeaux??

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Does anyone have any information on where Badeaux originates from? my guess would either be the grasslands or the nameless lands but does it state anywhere where he came from?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Silverberg

Re: Badeaux??

Post by Silverberg »

According to Richmond's investigations he's from Grassland special forces. He looks a little too heavily dressed to be Karaya but the tribal patterns on his clothes do match. Could be from the Safir clan since we never see what they look like. Plus as the Safir Clan was supposedly one of the most powerful of the 6 clans, and Badeaux is in the "special forces" maybe thats where he's from.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

His character bio here on Suikosource is a little bare. He might be from a Grassland clan though, although I doubt Karaya, his clothing doesn't quite match...
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Silverberg: He's not from Grassland's special forces; he's from the grasslands and in the army he occupies the position of a special force (i.e. beast master).

I can't really tell from which clan he might be, but maybe he was just born there and raised in the wildness. That would explain his antisocial behaviour and his good attitude towards animals.

EDIT: Strange, why do both suikosource and the gensopedia list him as "origin unknown" when Richmond clearly states that he's from the Grasslands?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

He's definitely not Karayan, his skin color is too pale, also the tribal patterns don't match karayan at all, in style, or in colors. The Safir Clan possible although he could have also come from a smaller clan that wasn't included in the "6 clans of grassland." Le buque seems the most plausible to me, since people in le buque are used to dealing with large animals, it might explain his comfort with bears and such. Of course, it's not like one can tell much about his origins from his appearance, given that he was a hermit, so it's unlikely that he felt any need to dress traditionally. There is also the practical issue that the Grasslands hadn't actually been designed yet when Suikoden 2 came out, so it would be anachronistic to assume he was meant to come from any of the six clans.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Antimatzist wrote:EDIT: Strange, why do both suikosource and the gensopedia list him as "origin unknown" when Richmond clearly states that he's from the Grasslands?
Dont be so amazed by that. They dont always follow what the game says. Because they have another source that more reliable than the game itself. Thats what my experience says.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

veriaqa wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:EDIT: Strange, why do both suikosource and the gensopedia list him as "origin unknown" when Richmond clearly states that he's from the Grasslands?
Dont be so amazed by that. They dont always follow what the game says. Because they have another source that more reliable than the game itself. Thats what my experience says.
Well, but the game itself is the first source for information (except in cases of mistranslation, but then we can always take the japanese originals... and I don't think "Grasslands" is a mistranslation of "unknown"). It's like I'm watching a Star Wars movie and read a book which states and explains why Luke is Yoda's father. I trust the actual movie/game more than books that follow (except in cases when they clearly state that there was a mistake in the game or so)
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Antimatzist wrote:
veriaqa wrote:
Well, but the game itself is the first source for information (except in cases of mistranslation, but then we can always take the japanese originals... and I don't think "Grasslands" is a mistranslation of "unknown"). It's like I'm watching a Star Wars movie and read a book which states and explains why Luke is Yoda's father. I trust the actual movie/game more than books that follow (except in cases when they clearly state that there was a mistake in the game or so)
Hey, I'm on the same boat with you. :) Just dont know about the admin on gensopedia and suikosource though. But people are free to choose what they believe. So if they choose to believe the (obscure) publication rather than the game itself we cant complain about that.
I trust the actual movie/game more than books that follow
Me too :)
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.