Suikoden Series Fashion Central

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
tiki
Banned User

Suikoden Series Fashion Central

Post by tiki »

So I've been looking over various Suikoden character designs and I was hoping there's a fashion designer registered here who can answer our questions about some of the character's ensembles.

I'll start with Sasarai:

What exactly would one call what he's wearing up top? It's not exactly a tunic, not exactly a shirt, is there a particular name for it?
FliktorForce5

Re: Suikoden Series Fashion Central

Post by FliktorForce5 »

Well, I don't know about fasion designer, but I did take a costuming class in college and I do have somewhat of an interest in period clothing, so if I were to put a name to it I'd say it was a high collared parade doublet, I think that bit just just in front of the collar is called an abbot's bib (though I could be wrong on that count) It does have an extended coattail (note the singular as it's not split for riding making them coattails) sleeves have a definite 16 century flair to the cuff usually seen more in coats than doublets, but, eh, it looks cool so, why knock it? and I can't quite tell, but it looks like his sleeves are done in the tie off style (which probably has a fancier name that I can't remember at the moment) The shoulders and whole sleeves being blue with a white undershirt poking through ties at the top of the shoulder and outside of the sleeve allowing for ventilation and cofort/ease of movement. Well that's all that comes to mind. Bear in mind though it's not really a professional opinion and it's not what you don't know that'll get you, it's what you know that ain't so. Just sayin'
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...