Which Suikoden final boss is the toughest to beat?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
ninjaluc79

Which Suikoden final boss is the toughest to beat?

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Well, I'm just thinking about it over the past few days, but I have seen many videos on how to beat the Beast Rune ridiculously fast (I can defeat him in at least 10 minutes using a normal team with normal equipment, whereas with power-up runes and gameshark codes, he only lasts 30 seconds. WTH?)

On the other hand, I have seen not so many videos on how to defeat the Wind Rincar, but it seems that players find him difficult to beat, as I have yet to see a speed kill of this boss.

And since there's no poll in this forums, you can rate the final bosses from the toughest to the easiest with difficulty ranges from 1 to 10, 10 being the hardest.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Hirathien

Re: Which Suikoden final boss is the toughest to beat?

Post by Hirathien »

It might also be it's a bit more tedious to fraps a PS2 boss, or whatever people use to record.

You found it odd that you had an easy time with Gameshark codes?! :lol:
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

No, I did not say I used Gameshark. I only said that it took me 10 minutes to defeat the Beast Rune with a normal party with normal equipment, not some imbalanced party with power-up runes. Sure, power-up runes increase physical damage, but for me, magic runes are more practical because I don't want my MP to go to waste just because the rune slots were used for power-ups.

Now that said, the only glitch I exploited in S2 EVER is the Matilda Glitch, which made Riou level 79~80 early game. Now, if I'm not mistaken, Wind Rincar takes 20 minutes average... Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would gladly appreciate it.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Suikoden I: Quite easy, despite the elemental immunity. I think the zombie dragon was a lot harder
Suikoden II: I don't really remember but I think it was a long battle and was quite fitting. It gave me a hard time, but it's been a while that I played the game through.
Suikoden III: Don't really remember. I think I died first, then retried with my won levels from the karaya-flashback and then he was quite easy, you just have to know the order in which you should attack.
Suikoden IV: I think this one's the hardest. I never quite beat it quickly (with normal characters, not Lvl 100). It's a nice challenge.
Suikoden V: A complete joke! I mean even if you don't use Ernst, he isn't that tough. Too bad that Georg is completely useless since he pretty sure dies in the first round. I fought him once with Ernst and was amazed how the game designers didn't notice that exploit.

and now to the spin-offs:
Tactics: Well, the very final boss isn't so hard, but the battle before that gives me apretty hard time. Haven't completed it in S-Rank yet.
Tierkreis: I think this boss is quite tough, too. I used the team of citro-friends and it took some tries and time.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Suikoden I - I totally agree with Antimatzist, The Zombie Dragon ( at the point in the game ) was probably the toughest boss fight you came across lol.

Suikoden II - Once again, another game where the Final Boss isn't even close to being "Difficult" I would say The battle with Luca is the hardest in the game.

Suikoden III - It was kinda hard.....nothing big though, I would say the battles with Luc, Yuber and Sarah were wayy more challenging.

Suikoden IV - Yeah the tree was a bit of a challenge, I would say the hardest boss fight out of any other one we have seen yet.

Suikoden V - Still a little tough for me ( Because I never ever use the cheap characters)

So I would say in order the most Difficult ( And I use that term loosely ) IV, III, V, I/II
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

All of the bosses were a bit tough (not TOO tough, but the battles weren't 10 seconds) because of the characters I liked to use.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
RaijinRune

Post by RaijinRune »

I'll go with the Giant Moth from S5...even at decent levels and equipment and weapons maxed out,skills, etc.,it was the pain of a lifetime....even S4 boss wasn't as bad and not at level 99.Wind Rincar from S3 is tough if you don't know what to expect but can be a breeze if you take time to train and use above average fighters.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

I retract my previous statement about the suikoden IV boss...I just beat the game again a few days ago....He was almost too easy..lol
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

I'd say the end one in the first, due to not being able, yet, to play the others. As well as you cannot truly count the Zombie Dragon. It isn't a final boss, as you had to fight it near the start of the game. It'd be easier to fight if around the same general level during the end, fighting the final boss, but isn't harder than the final boss at that time.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

The gold dragon thing at the end of Suikoden 1 was piss easy. The first time round I wasted all my Judgement spells on the head that just got regenerated, then still beat it easy as.

Beast Rune is only hard if you get real bad luck with the status ailments.

I haven't gotten up to the end of 3 because my old PS2 died and I can't play NTSC games on my current one *shakes fist*

Haven't actually gotten up to the last boss in the others, being kind of ADD when it comes to the end of games. I get right up to the end and then play something else.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

If you want a troublesome boss, don't level your characters when you go for the Sun rune. He becomes rather annoying then.

But Suikoden doesn't really have all those challenges other games have, when it comes to end bosses at least. Check Star Ocean: The 2nd story. That boss, was a bitch.
Zieg

Post by Zieg »

I'd say the toughest for me was the Giant Tree in SIV, but for the reason that my characters were on relatively low levels, as I wouldn't bother leveling them up. In addition, I missed a few characters on my first playthrough (including Ted) and therefore I had to work with the ones I had recruited. I've never actually made a second attempt, and come to think of it, S IV's the only installment in the series I haven't managed to beat as of yet..

I believe I found the True Wind Incar quite challenging, as I had to approach it a few times before I finally whooped its arse (bloody "reflect" ability!).

Other than that, the bosses were rather on the easy-peasy side.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I don't think any of the final boss battles were too difficult, because by this point of the games your characters, if properly prepared, should have the best armor, runes, and sharpest weapons. The final battles aren't push over, but i never felt like oh no i am going to die.The Truly hard hard battles to me seem to be early on, before you get the very best stuff, like the zombie dragon and Luca Blight, or optional boss battles (3&4), nothing in V was overtly hard, given the crazy over-powered characters and fighting tactics you have and the weak monsters you fight.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
mitsukihikari14

Post by mitsukihikari14 »

this post of mine is some kinda late :)) haha but for me

SUIKODEN 1: im not playing it yet :))
SUIKODEN 2: Kinda easy.. my party: Riou;Persmerga;Mazus;Luc;Valeria;Georg :)) I attacked the left leg first so that it cannot revive its other parts and thats all and used all Mazus' magic and changed Luc's wind rune to Cyclone rune (given by Sarah in Gregminster's inn, second floor)
SUIKODEN 3: kinda hard i think i tried 3 times? before defeating it well its my own opinion :D try attacking the water crystal to avoid healing? (I THINK?) I already forgot :D
SUIKODEN 4: well kinda hard for me
SUIKODEN 5: lol!! the hardest (FOR ME!) i retried it almost 10 times? hahaha and the worst part didn't complete the 108 stars of destiny :))
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

The tree in IV gets my vote. I remember losing the rag a couple times during my attempts. It's the only boss I've gave up on, then came back and beat it a day later.

Just finished a run through of Suikoden 2 and found every single boss easier than i remembered. Think the beast rune only last 3-4 rounds after a barrage of Rune magic and the physical prowness of Georg and Pesmerga.