Lucretia, a victim of the True Fire Rune?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
SuiDOKEN

Lucretia, a victim of the True Fire Rune?

Post by SuiDOKEN »

I'm not even sure if this was discussed or even noticed, please forgive me if this has been mentioned already.

I'm almost done playing Suikoden 5 for the first time, I'm breezing through the game without doing anything optional and recruiting SoD's except for the mistake of recruiting Faylen and Faylon(I was stuck at one part of the game and accidently recruited them both after I chose to have Roy killed). So you can imagine how much of a big chunk of the game plot that I've purposely been missing, I do plan on playing a New Game+.

Anyhow, I've stumbled upon this completely by chance; I've liberated Sol-Falena and I'm told to go straight to Lunas, I decide to go upgrade my weapon lvl and equipment and lvl up some characters as I've heard that at one point I'll need to make 3 separate parties. I've returned to Sol-Falena because I've forgotten where the Queen(Lymsleia) told me to go. First thing I do when entering the Throne Room, I speak with Lelei. She mentions that Lucretia had seemed to be pre-occupied in her thoughts. I thought it would be meaningless script that I would be reading but went to talk to the tactician anyway.

She mentioned that she had witnessed a True Rune going out of control when she was still a young child and that it scarred her for life, that she still dreamt of the event and of the charred bodies. First thing I thought of was the True Fire Rune that she saw. It is the only True Rune ever mentioned going out of control and when it did, it burned everything, friend and foe. And how old is Lucretia anyway?

Any thoughts about this?
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Lucretia, a victim of the True Fire Rune?

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Lucretia was a small child living in a Karayan village during that massive battle. She saw some of the explosion from the True Fire Rune and it's that which she's referencing.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

wow thats very interesting I'm going to replay it just to see that. Lucretia lived in Karaya? I thought she was from Harmonia especialy since Cathari asks her, "you didn't desert the cause?" I'm very interested in Lucretias background I'd love to learn more.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

I never knew this either, that's pretty cool.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Belcoot4 wrote:wow thats very interesting I'm going to replay it just to see that. Lucretia lived in Karaya? I thought she was from Harmonia especialy since Cathari asks her, "you didn't desert the cause?" I'm very interested in Lucretias background I'd love to learn more.
If you do some detective work on her, Oboro says she wears ornaments from the Karaya Tribe.
Chris_Lightfellow

Lucretia was adopted by a Harmonian family, if I remember right.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I'll give it try and talk to her next time i am at that stage of the game. thanks
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

shes a karayan.. and im not sure if she was adopted by a harmonian family or she went there after the true fire rune incident and studied there..
avenger

Post by avenger »

if she claims she saw a true fire rune then that only means, that she was around at the time of the first fire bringer.... but how? she'd have to be old in suikoden 5 for that to happen. ah, could she have been talking about another time like the fire bringer? so basically we could have a suikoden take place between that time and her pressent time... am i making sense?
Chris_Lightfellow

Lucretia was born in IS 418 and the TFR blew up Grasslands in IS 425. So, she was a small child at the time and would have vague memories of it.

suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Lucretia was born in IS 418 and the TFR blew up Grasslands in IS 425. So, she was a small child at the time and would have vague memories of it.
7 years old or not; traumatic events aren't easily forgotten, plus she's a brilliant intelligent woman, I am not surprised that she remembers something so horrific as that.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
narutosupernova

Post by narutosupernova »

i think i wiil ply this game to search this thing
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

By the look of her skin n hair, i think she's karayan. Eventhough her appearance like Falena outfit
but still she looks like karayan.
Chaos will suit me just fine
avenger

Post by avenger »

She is Karayan. And she's much sexier then Lucia.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

avenger wrote:She is Karayan. And she's much sexier then Lucia.
This I can not agree, I despise Lucretia even more than Lucia. Her voice acting just straight-out disgusts me, reminds me of my biology teacher which is really perverted :evil:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account