Ms. Lightfellows' Romance....

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Belcoot4

Ms. Lightfellows' Romance....

Post by Belcoot4 »

Again like the few threads I have started I don't think anyone has one on this correct me if I'm wrong please. I've noticed on a lot of ocasions on my many playthroughs of SIII that there are many men or boys who are extremley captivated by Chris Lightfellow's beauty, fame, or both. She doesn't divulge any kind of information or any hints towards any of her admirers. I'm wondering does she actually like any of them, weather she states it or not. Starting with her Knights I believe Leo and Roland just have a knights loyalty towards her and their relationships are 100% professional. Borus sticks up for her and always protects her like an older brother, even if his emotions get the better of him. Louis probaly when he gets older he might think of liking her but I think its mostly a motherly vibe she gives him. Now with Percival I do believe he has some kind of feelings for her. Although hes extremley flirty and witty I do believe there is some truth behind how he feels. Another example is when they take their trip to Iskay, it was almost like a date until Nash interupted (the third wheel). Salome is either 100% professional with her or he has very deep feelings for her I dont think he has any in between feelings. Next, Nash is quite obvious unless hes just sarcastic even when being serious. He went almost over board with her and had a punchline for everything she said. "Don't stare so hard you'll make the sun blush" straight gigilo with that one. Then you have Fred, a knight from a foreign land who seems to be captivated and impressed the momemnt he meets her. He tries to show how elite of a knight he is, his leadership, his will power, and determination in hopes of impressing her. And this is actually very farfetched of a thought but Yuber also. It might be the only time in the entire game that hes actually excited. After Chris defends the Chisha village Yuber's only questions are about her "I heard there was a woman here with an extreme poweress I want to test her" (somethin like that), so he might not be captivated by her beauty or fame but sure is by her skills in combat. I just thought about this because she probaly is beautiful, obviously smart, is a fighter, and is famous which makes me think why doesn't she indulge, even a little, into any of her many fans, worshipers, or admirers.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Blutiger Engel

Re: Ms. Lightfellows' Romance....

Post by Blutiger Engel »

She's more focused on being a knight and finding out the truth about her father than she is about romantic relationships. She seems to view romantic relationships as a weakness (which leads to Lucia giving her the comment about how she needs to be vulnerable to get a man if she ever wants children) which is not uncommon for professional women. It would be harder for men to take her seriously if she acted completely feminine, and being single gives her the advantage of men who will fight for her and protect her in an attempt to win her love or impress her. (However, I don't get the impression that she's consciously doing that, but that advantage certainly exists). Also, if she were to have children at her current age, her career as a knight would be pretty much ruined.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Thats true Chris definitly dedicated her self to Zexen, the knights, and her quest to find the truth about her father. I thought that if she did have any feelings what so ever they were for Percival. In the very beginning Percival jests that all of the knights were captivated by her while Salome was running late and when they were leaving Chris just stares at him in a certain way. Then when they go to Iskay shes very interested about how she never knew that was his home town, about the fields, and the festival. He is the most "gentleman" out of the bunch and probaly the youngest. I would have to disagree on the last part though, I like to think Knights are just as physicaly built as athletes; man or woman. Having a child may limit Chris for a time being but I think its something she could mentaly and physicaly manage. I haven't looked at her bio or the timeline but I take it that shes in her early 20's which is a prime age to bear childeren. Also, the child would still grow old enough and she would still be young enough to train he or she as a knight. Then again I do agree with what Lucia says about having to be vulnerable but that still may be alot harder for Chris than it was for Lucia. Karayan's are a tribal culture where its common and expected that women to be warriors as well as mothers and although the game never refrences it Chris is the only female knight and Zexens treat the knights like the army which ultimatley gives Chris a natural deffesne when it comes to relationships.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Well I mentioned the children thing because she would be out of commission while having to raise them. It seems unlikely the other knights or anyone in the council would take care of her children while she was out fighting. Sure, she has the servants at her mansion, but I don't see her leaving her children with nannies while she's fighting. If she actually opened up enough to have children, I think she'd be there for them, as she seems to show motherly love towards Louis, Lulu and Hugo as the game goes on.

Lucia, on the other hand, fights most of her battles within the village which makes having children easier to raise, plus she has the village women and Luce to help out (as tribal cultures seem to have the, "it takes a village to raise a child" mentality"). Also, as the chief, she pretty much has to have a kid.
Rikimaru

Post by Rikimaru »

Belcoot4 wrote:straight gigilo with that one. .

lmao
"How dare the Flame Champion appear after we've returned to Tinto, I will speak with him, or else!!" - Lilly Pendragon S3
"That place could turn an angel into a devil." - Elza S2
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

Hm, in the Manga at least it's strongly hinted that Borus has a thing for Chris. Percival is always tormenting him about it.
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

It's implied that everyone has a thing for Chris many times in the game. Especially the other 5 Zexen Knights.

There's also a hilarious bath scene where Melville, Louis, and Rody reveal their secret crushes, and they say 'Chris, Lady Chris, and Wan Fu' in that order. Melville freaks out and leaves the bath with Rody proclaiming 'It's not what you think!!!'

But I recall the scene at the beginning of the game in front of VDZ, the scene where everyone is staring at her in bed when she faints, and I think there's a few throwaway lines in the dinner scene right before they invade the Great Hollow.

Chris is more or less intended to be the quintessential object of every man's desire. But as far as who SHE may be linked to, I doubt it's any of the Knights. Borus seems to have the biggest desire for her, and Percival seems to be the only one actually making moves, but I think Chris would be attracted to someone from a completely different walk of life, as she seemed interested in that lifestyle upon leaving Zexen in CH. 2. She doesn't seem to be the type to marry some other Zexen Knight and live a generic Zexen lifestyle for the rest of her life. If they did continue on with her story, I would predict she leaves the council rule and becomes more of a generic defender like the Maximilian knights. I doubt she'd ever marry, but it would be to someone whose a little more wild, a contrast to her. Someone like Nash, Ace, or Duke but younger.