Most useful characters?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
RangerDeon

Re: Most useful characters?

Post by RangerDeon »

Those dogs were pretty useful on Suikoden III.
I mean, I wouldn't have been able to beat the game without playing their little sidequest.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Lets put Viki aside, cause obviously shes the most useful char. Cause she is the only teleportress in the entire series.

Then with Viki out of the picture, i choose Lazlo in Tactics as the most useful character in the series. I feel pity to anyone who plays Tactics without him and his rune.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
avenger

Post by avenger »

ok ok, you all are gonna think i'm a pervert but who cares. but for me instead of usefullness i'll give you who iliked using a lot.

Suikoden 1 the sexy dancer blond hair.. Mina... yep very usefull for me. i gave her the fortune rune and watched as she leveled up.

suikden 2 the beautifull Sierra she had good stuff and i used her a lot when i got her.

suikoden 3 Augustine, Emily and Lucia. these fighters were very usefull for me in more ways then one. augustine and emily were tanks in the major battles and in regular monster fights they held their own also. when you finally get lucia , well i used her a lot also because i like her. and she is hot.

Suikoden 4 JEANE JEANE OH JEANE... AND VIKI YES SIR... they did all for me.. viki was very good with magic in this installment... and well you all know jeane is the babe with thunder guah ha ha.

suikoden tactics uhhhhh i used Kyril the most basically he was the man of the game.

suikoden 5 i enjoyed using Jeane jeane and Viki once again and once again viki proved that she can cast magic other then blinking..

look there are a ton of usefull charecters and that's why i kinda just posted who i really use the most..
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

In all seriousness... in both games Luc has been in, he has been the most useful to me.
Even though in the first one his HP was...well, crappy....he still was a great asset. I never changed his wind rune (only upgraded to cyclone when it was available) and he still was the most useful in battle.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
avenger

Post by avenger »

you know , id have to agree with you here because, he had speed and magic ability, and in s2 he had a good powerfull magic unit in battle. and then in three we don't use him ..
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I loved Luc in II (not so much I because he only had one rune slot). I threw a fire rune on him and just wiped out big parties with it, and he did usually attack first. Finally, some non-sarcastic posts here :D
Freak

Post by Freak »

I'd say that, in battle, McDohl is the best character. He's ridiculously overpowered. The only problem with him is that you have to walk all the way to Gregminster in Suikoden II every time, which is annoying.
Lazlo in Tactics was also so owerpowered it's not even funny..he usually took out like two enemies at once for me before anyone else could even move. I loved that, best feature of Tactics. :mrgreen:
Ted in Suikoden IV was also great. He defeated those angel hairballs all by himself in my game. And he's also the cutest looking character, which makes using him even more fun. :lol:
RoronoaZoro99

Post by RoronoaZoro99 »

For me, Viki is the best and most useful character!!! No doubt about it hahahahaha
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Blutiger Engel wrote:I loved Luc in II (not so much I because he only had one rune slot). I threw a fire rune on him and just wiped out big parties with it, and he did usually attack first. Finally, some non-sarcastic posts here :D
I agree... Luc's the most powerful Suikoden mage IN-GAME, and I like mages wiping out the whole party in just one spell! Too bad he become a villain in S3, though. But honestly, his tiwn Sasarai isn't that bad either.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I'd think there's mages who beat Luc in terms of power.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

well, Mazus, right? But I don't tend to use him. I prefer Luc better due to his high SPD stat.

Mazus was the one who had a duel with the great wizard Crowley after all.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

- Stallion in SI since you didn't actually have a sprint button in it (I'm just too lazy to put a holy rune on anyone else so I go through most of the game with him in my party).
- I also appreciated Kai for his unite attack with Tir that could target the whole enemy party.
- In battle I'd say Luc and Falcon Rune users overall are the ones I always use if I want to guarantee a win.
- Viki, duh. Also Hellion and Lepant for giving you the Blinking Mirror, I've only played 1 and 2 so I don't know who to thank in the other games for that.
- And last but not the least all the detective-characters. :D
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Suikoden 3 - Fred. He shield-blocks EVERYTHING, I swear.

Suikoden 5 - Richard. Also if you put a magic absorb rune on Zerase you pretty much just win. I don't really use those two for that reason. Also, when doing the big hole mission, I put Raven in the front of a kind of spearhead formation, silly zombies hit him.

I've gotta say though, cheap tricks and overpowered characters aside, the characters with combat teacher type abilities were so handy to have in your party. As soon as you get enough skill points- BAM skill level up.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

well, any two characters in battle that could do a unite against the entire enemy party was useful to me.

S1 - Kai and Tir. Very easy to get through Soniere Prison with those two. Stallion because of his fixed holy rune. Viki because of teleportation.
S2 - As soon as I could get them, I would use Shin and Genshu, and Vincent and Simone in battle. They both had unites that could do damge to all enemies. Again, Viki for teleporting
S3 - Ernie and Juan were useful in the castle for skillups. Also . . . . Viki. Emily is such an insane fighter I never leave home without her. Also, Futch and Bright made any battle easy. I didn't do a lot of unites in that game. I was most disappointed there wasn't some True Rune Bearer unite attack.
S4 - Lazlo and Kira, Hervey and Sigurd. You don't need anyone else . . . except Viki for her teleporting.
S5 - Lyon or Miakis made fighting with the prince better, or at least more fun. Besides Viki, I don't know who was the most useful. I guess Arshtat. If she didn't have the Sun Rune and go batty and blow stuff up, I guess there wouldn't have been much of a game.
Tactics - hmmm . . . . Lazlo was overpowered as others have said so he was useful. But that feeling of "ease to kill" got him in trouble as I'd stupidly rush him out in front of everybody when a monster got close. Then he'd get surrounded and smished. Kyril = not useful against fishmen for the longest time. So damn annoying. Hell, characters who couldn't die I consider to be useful in that game.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"