Georg Prime

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: Georg Prime

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Georg had been on his own a while, we don't know for sure how long or if at all if the Prince had traveled with him. After a decade of fighting and wondering, it takes it's toll on your social skills.

also, not overlooking the fact that Georg was a minor character in S2 and the idea SV and his role in it was hardly talked about, if at all, at the time of S2. So they prob didn't bother to develop him all that much thinking they'd never use him again in any major way.

however, when you considered that the developers knew the kind of personality he had in 2, so to make him more "open and friendly" in 5 a least in way that contrast his S2 cameo mannerisms. It does leave one to wonder what the writers were thinking. The must have had some purpose for the changed i would wager to say....
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

If the Prince travelled with Georg, perhaps he died? Which would explain Georg's temperament.

If the Prince didn't, he has already served in the War of Succession, officially been exiled from Falena (notice in SII, he is still officially wanted for Arshtat's 'murder', which technically he did commit so an official exile must have taken place), and lost his best friend and his friends' wife, at his own hands in particular. Lyon almost spoilered and Freyjadour and Lymsleia had their own crosses to bear. And let's not even start on Sialeeds.

You don't think all of that may, just may a tad, turn you from contented yet slightly mystery samurai to a stoic, philosophical ronin?

Because that is what Georg Prime really is in SII - a ronin.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who thinks that all ronin must love cheesecake. But Georg never tells us what cheesecake he likes the most!
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
conan

Post by conan »

wasnt georg in toran and grasslands between V and II. hes pretty much the same character in part II, and didnt seem aggressive at all. the pay he asks for is more of a promise, and he joins maybe out of battle lust, since a swordsman as good as him must stay sharp. besides that being located in such a deserted place is cuz the assassins were 2 chase him around 4 life 4 killin the queen so he must try 2 keep a low profile, which is prolly why he moves from falena 2 toran 2 grassland 2 jowston. he has 2 come back in the future tho, and i was pissed he wasnt in part III, even if he woulda been 50+, im sure his swordsmanship would have still been top notch. a character like him deserves a death in his old age on the battlefield, where all his time is spent anyway, and part III woulda been the perfect time to do that, or in a sequel. thats just my 2 cent
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Yeah, that's all well and good except that Georg was a General in Toran before Suikoden V. So it's more like he went from Toran to Falena to the Grasslands (to be a Zexen Knight) and then found his way to Jowstone. We don't know what happened to him in Zexen, so anything could have contributed to his change.

And I do think he has changed considerably by Suikoden II. Granted, he doesn't say or do much, but he isn't as humoured, he is far more serious, and he clearly doesn't want to be around anybody at all. He seems a tad more cynical. Still clearly the same character however.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who is now calling Georg his ronin.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

He was an Ebony Moon Knight, not a Zexen Knight.
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

I stand corrected. 8)

Where are the Ebony Moon Knight's from?

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who remembers that Georg likes cheesecake. :P
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Jeremiah Ecks wrote:I stand corrected. 8)

Where are the Ebony Moon Knight's from?

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who remembers that Georg likes cheesecake. :P
Ebony Moon Knight's are from somewhere in the grasslands
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Aren't the Zexen Knights?

If so I feel slightly vindicated for my blooper. :oops:

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who is going to write a fanfic with Georg being a Zexen Knight under Chris Lightfellow. MWA-HAH-HAH!
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Zexen technically is not a part of the grasslands(Although some of their land was taken from the grasslands). so the Ebony Moon Knights are not the Zexen knights. This however begs the further question of where these Ebony Moon knights were when Suikoden 3 was going on? my only two guesses are that either they disbanded sometime beforehand were all but slaughtered with the fall of the mysterious Safir Clan.
Matthijs

Post by Matthijs »

I'm not really interested why Georg's personality changed, I'm more interested in what happened to the Prince and Lyon?
Georg's personality change could also change just by getting older.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Clarification: There's no source for "Ebony Moon Knights." The only official info I can find is that Georg Prime was called the "Black Moon Warrior," in Grassland, so the term is never meant to refer to any group of people.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

second Richmond investigation about Georg in suikoden 2; "He's got a hell of a history. In the Scarlet Moon Empire, he was 1 of the 6 Generals. In the Grasslands, he was an Ebony Moon Knight, and in Falena he was a Royal Knight. He just threw it all away."

that would seem to imply he was a member of a group of knights to me. now as to what his position was within that group, it says very little, although given his experience and skill, he was likely high ranking, but unlikely the leader.

is that an official enough source?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Did you consider the fact that Suikoden games in general, with Suikoden II in particular and III as the epitome, have such shoddy translations that a drunk monkey on speed could do a better job typing randomly than the "translators" and as such can't be relied on for anything when you got that "official" source?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

yes, but ponder the difference between the translated quote and the idea that georg was known as the black moon warrior. what reason would anyone have for calling him that? his hair is black, he likes cheesecake which looks like a moon, in that it is a white circle and he is a warrior, that's just ridiculous. he is already known as 'deathblow' georg, so it's seems unlikely that he'd earn a second name. moreover, whilst i agree that suikoden 2 and 3 have been known to take liberties with translation, this one actually makes sense. it's providing the names of various military groups he's be a part of. he was 1 of the 6 great generals of the scarlet moon empire, 1 of 6 royal(queen's) knights of falena. if we know those two facts to be true, then which makes more sense to put in between those two, he was known as the black moon warrior in the grasslands, or he was one of the (if pattern serves, 6) ebony moon knights in grassland. could the translators have misstranslated the name of the group, sure, but it's pretty clear from the context that Georg was a member of a group, not a solo warrior with a superhero name.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

They could have referred to him as the Black Moon Warrior because he is a bit of an enigma, like the black side of the moon (to the Grasslanders anyway).
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!