Georg Prime

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
lepant

Georg Prime

Post by lepant »

What happened Georg Prime between SV and SII. From an outgoing happy personality to a much more sullen aggresive one. True in Suikden II you dont get to know him that well but I do feel asif they are two different characherrs. Any one else agree?
Redheim

Re: Georg Prime

Post by Redheim »

No.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Correct me if I'm wrong with the timeline but doesn't S2 happen after SV. I did notice when recruiting Georg in S2 hes not very receptive, he asks for pay like a mercenary, and is found down an empty path with vampire demons all over the place. If I'm correct with the timeline, I'm thinking after experiancing everything that happend in Falena and on his many quests on his way to the City-State he probaly was in a dark mood. Hes also a warrior in unknown lands how does anyone act when they're somewhere they never been and you have to be ready for battle at all times, it was probaly like Iraq to him. In SV Ferid, the prince, and even himself never say where hes actually from. They just say he was a great general in the north and fought with Ferid in many battles. Living the life of a warrior traveling from continent to continent takes a tole on the mind and body so there definitly was a difference in his aura between S2 and SV. He absolutley is my favorite character I'm willing to debate about him to the end.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

If memory serves, Georg gained most of his recognition as a General of the Scarlet Moon Empire. Which to my understanding was during the succession wars before the times of number 5. So from this perspective we could draw the conclusion that Ferid may have also served in that war. However, there is a definite difference between Georg in 5 and Georg in 2. As Belcoot stated according to the timeline 2 takes place after 5. Obviously in the years between Georg did many things and went many places, and became a soldier of fortune.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Georg never asks for money in Suikoden 2. He only asks the hero to never give up, and that is enough pay for him to help.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Vextor wrote:Georg never asks for money in Suikoden 2. He only asks the hero to never give up, and that is enough pay for him to help.
Exactly. One could assume that Georg saw the same thing in Riou as he did in Freyjadour. Seeing as how it wasn't his first Star of Destiny influenced war, I guess he already knew he was picking a highly favored side.
Formerly known as: Gothann
JanusThePaladin

I think him saying that may have had something to do with what was going on at that point in the story, especially if you choose to run away he will join you temporarily.....
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Well as for his different disposition, you've gotta take into account that he's been going around fighting for around 20 years, and he's seen the closest thing we know to be his best friend killed, that kind of stuff takes a toll on you.

Although to be fair, he doesn't really talk much in Suikoden 2.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I think him saying that may have had something to do with what was going on at that point in the story, especially if you choose to run away he will join you temporarily.....
He never joins temporarily. He kills some zombies in a non-battle sequence to save Riou and Nanami. He then says a few profound things and Riou and Nanami go their way.
JanusThePaladin

Thank you Vextor. I only played that part of the game one time, out of around 20 play throughs so memory is a bit shoddy.
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Don't forget that S2 was made befor S5, the creator probably never thought about the relationship pf S2 and S5 until the decide to make S5.

There's a very long gap between S5 and S2, I wonder if Georg stayed in the Northern Continent during that time gap. The northern continent itself is a very big place, Georg could've traveled to even Harmonia between S2 and S5.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Well we know that he fought for the ebony knights of grassland. Maybe 2 civil wars plus whatever happened there was enough to quiet him a little (assuming that he went to grassland after falena).
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Even if he is a fun loving guy in S5 i still don't think he talked that much. He really only talked around the prince (and i swear to god say well duh you wouldnt see him talking to other people since you only play as the prince and i can not be held accountable for what happens). But take Zegai for instance I'm sure they get along fine but he probably is really silent around him. I think it was just that he was friends with Ferid and became friends with the people close to him (most notably the Prince, Lyon, and sialeads). I doubt he was the same person around the other Knights.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Tenko5 wrote:Even if he is a fun loving guy in S5 i still don't think he talked that much. He really only talked around the prince (and i swear to god say well duh you wouldnt see him talking to other people since you only play as the prince and i can not be held accountable for what happens). But take Zegai for instance I'm sure they get along fine but he probably is really silent around him. I think it was just that he was friends with Ferid and became friends with the people close to him (most notably the Prince, Lyon, and sialeads). I doubt he was the same person around the other Knights.
I totaly agree, even as approachable as Kyle is Georg was never social around the other Knights except for Ferid. This is a very watered down example but its like when you get a new job and you only know the person who got you the job of course its natural for one to only be social around that one person. I don't think Georg was afraid or shy to speak to the other knights he just has a mysterious past and anything worth knowing Ferid already knew so why would he need to impress anybody else. I think it also goes both ways, it wasn't just Georg who didn't speak to the knights the knights didn't interact with him either. Again, as approachable and as fun loving Kyle is even he had a few questions about Georg. In the beginning of SV Ferid mentions something along the lines that many people were'nt happy with Georg being a new comer and all. Zahak and Alenia, who both were never totaly loyal to Ferid at any point especialy had it out for Georg. One he was a new comer which probaly really bothered Alenia and the fact that he is extremely tactical and unmatched in combat probaly got under Zahak's skin. I thought that Galleon and Georg had a mutual respect for eachother especialy because Galleon has the strongest sense of duty. Regaurdless wheres he from or who he is in the end Galleon's mentality was none other than respect because he is a dear friend to Ferid and a world wide proven warrior.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Aidenn_Howls_XI

Post by Aidenn_Howls_XI »

Hey, in S2 you find out through Richmond that he Killed the queen, that he used to be a scarlet moon general, AND that he likes cheesecake, that's all the character depth I needed, and it proves that he at least talks to enough people about enough stuff for Richmond to figure that out.