shilo's weapon?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Hxc Flavor

shilo's weapon?

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Under the weapons guide it says Shilo's weapon is a "Jiromaru." I dont know japanese so can someone tell me what this is? In this game it looks as though his weapon is the straw of wheat or whatever is in his mouth. Someone clear this up for me.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Divine Dragon

Post by Divine Dragon »

His weapon is known as a "blowgun". It's a weapon that was popular with assassins in Feudal Japan.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Are you sure? In both his character portrait and his battle pose he is chewing on some kind of straw or grass. It looks like he's spitting it at the enemy, not pulling out a blowgun. I could be wrong though, can anyone verify this?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

He uses a "kiseru"--a Japanese tabacco pipe, as a blowgun.
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

cool. and imagine, he by using his blowgun can deal higher damage than sword.
let says if his level is 60 with weapon level is 16 compare to humphrey level 20 and weapon level is 5
shilo will do more damage right ? that's funny ....
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
dodz

Re:

Post by dodz »

Divine Dragon wrote:His weapon is known as a "blowgun". It's a weapon that was popular with assassins in Feudal Japan.
Are you sure that blowgun was popular in Feudal Japan? Ohhh I have my blowgun weapon.
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: shilo's weapon?

Post by Vextor »

I wouldn't say it was "popular" because that'd make it sound like every kid and his cousin owned one. Blowguns seem to have been used by the ninja-types in Japan, so the average person wouldn't know much about it and samurai folk would have never used such a weapon. Almost always blow gun darts are dipped in poison to make it more lethal. Otherwise it's not all that great of a weapon.