Frey?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Sweet Anguisette

Frey?

Post by Sweet Anguisette »

I was reading a couple of posts that refer to the prince in Suikoden V as "Frey". Can anyone tell me where this name came from?
JanusThePaladin

Re: Frey?

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I believe its from the manga. And people use it as a shortened for of Freyadjour or something like that, i never really payed that much attention, but i do know its from the manga.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

It's actually from the novel. In the manga, he was called "Ardil".

It's generally accepted that his name is Frey among the fanbase, though.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yeah it's his unofficial offical name. Same goes for Tir, Riou and Lazlo.

As Konami don't give official names to their protagonists (or the Flame Champion in the case of SIII) people tend to go by the names used in the novels as an "official" name.
Sweet Anguisette

Post by Sweet Anguisette »

Ah! Thanks guys!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

As a side note, unlike Riou and Lazlo, Tir and Frey do have titles that many characters use in the place of names during the game, Tir's being "Young Master" and Frey's being "Prince".
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It may be worth noting that this Prince has at least three Konami-endorsed unofficial names already to date, including the aforementioned "Freyjadour" and "Adil", as well as the much earlier "Faroush".

McDohl, however, maintains his one name, "Tir", throughout all associated merchandising, including the most recent online radio programme.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Oppenheimer wrote:As a side note, unlike Riou and Lazlo, Tir and Frey do have titles that many characters use in the place of names during the game, Tir's being "Young Master" and Frey's being "Prince".
That would probably be because Riou and Lazlo were raised as commoners.