Falenan royalty traits...

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Onix

Falenan royalty traits...

Post by Onix »

Now that I'm studying heredity in our biology class, I've noticed that Falenan royalty, such as Freyjadour, Arshtat, and Sialeeds, have silver hair and deep blue eyes. Do you guys think that that was the "trait" for Falenan royalty? I also know that Chris Lightfellow has silver hair and blue eyes, but she's not Falenan. I'm also imagining Falenan royalty from Lym's time to SIII timeline, do you think their royalty would still have the "trait"? Lymsleia has brown hair and brown eyes, unlike her brother. Let's just say that Lym is not dead and has a daughter. Do you think the "trait" will show among her children? LOL *applying Punett square...*
Runemaster

Re: Falenan royalty traits...

Post by Runemaster »

Haha. Biology was our subject last year and as far as I remember(yep, in the Punnett square),

Yes, it may show.
The only proof I can say is that a story told to me by my teacher about an American white couple.

When their baby was born, he/she is black. Hubby accused her of adultery and thought that he isn't baby Black's father.
Then, discoveries led that someone/ an ancestor from the guy's family tree is black. and it was proven that he was the father. so there. Dunnow if the story is true. ^_^
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, I think in the long run, the silver hair and blue euyes won't be too common in the Royal family. In the past there has been a lot of "incest", since the Princesses married either a Barows or a Godwin, so they are somehow all related to each other. Arshtat broke this tradition (or I should say: Ferid broke it), so some new blood flows in the Royal Family's venes from now on.

And since Lym won't marry a Godwin or Barows (as there are no male descendants at her age), I'd say that her children will most probably have brown hair. But that's just a guess, I don't know if the gens for brown/silver hair are dominant(/recessive...
Onix

Post by Onix »

Haha, probably silver hair is recessive! hahaha! It's a sad thing for me to see if Falenan royalty having brown hair and brown eyes... but I'm not against Lym though haha :D
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Yep, white hair as the Falenas's hair color is coolly unique. The hair color is really identified as the Falenas's.

And I guess it wouldn't fit Lil Lym if she had white hair! haha.
abs

Post by abs »

its possible but if ever a the game comes back at falena, i dont hink the queen would have silver hair.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

abs wrote:its possible but if ever a the game comes back at falena, i dont hink the queen would have silver hair.
If silver hair is recessive then this may really be true!

Brown-haired Lym having an any-other-color-from-silver-haired husband will definitely kill the silver hair. awww.....
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

not definitely. maybe an ancestor of her husband had had silver hair. then it would still be possible for later royal family members to have silver hair.

It highly unprobable, I guess, but silver hair looks kinda cool and special.
Georg Prime Minister

Post by Georg Prime Minister »

Jeane is the original queen of falena

O_o

doesn't that just boggle your mind!?
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Prince, her brother, born from same parents, has silver hair, so silver hair wasn't a recessive trait.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

it could very well be a recessive trait. However, i find it more likely that its a dominant trait given the high majority of falenan royalty with it. More likely Lym's hair and eyes are recessive
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It could be recessive, with Ferid carrying it as well.
Or it could be dominant, with Arshtat carrying the recessive counterpart.

Anything is possible, considering they have children with both traits.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

If we'd know about Arshtat parents/grandparents, we could argue better.

But since Arshtat, Sialeeds and Haswar have all silver hair, I guess silver hair is dominant, but there is some brown hair gene in Arshtats DNA.
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

I'm sorry to be the nay sayer here but seriously Konami does not care about hair genes. Look at Hugo. Hugo's hair is an impossibility. How does one's hair only grow black on the tips. We know his black hair comes from his father and since its highly doubtfull that he would only die the roots of his hair blonde, we can safely say that hair color genes do not work the same way as here BECAUSE ITS A FICTIONAL WORLD.

All joking aside though, those rules don't apply here, the next queens hair could be pink, just ask Jeane.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Hair dye is pretty popular in Falena, and the Southern Continent in general, after all. As demonstrated by Sialeeds, no less.