Is this seat taken, little girl? (gender confusion)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Louchan

Re: Is this seat taken, little girl? (gender confusion)

Post by Louchan »

I got confused over the gender of way too many characters.
First to pop into mind is Kirkis, who I was confident was a woman until Sylvina suddenly announced she was engaged with him. Quite a shock it was. Then there's Huan and Connell.

Oh, and thanks to this thread I only just now found out that Kasios and Tuta are male. :shock:
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

Characters like Tuta, Connell, Melodye and Kasios.. They're like.. Gender bending..

I seriously thought Wakaba and Hanna were males the first time I saw them..
Some of my favorite quotes..

Luca: DIE PIG!!

Kage: A ninja waste no words..

Futch: Humphrey has friends??

Luca again: It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousand..
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Wait. You thought HANNA was male? With a name like Hanna?

Tuta, that one i can agree on, i thought he was a she, Huan not so much. Kasios i don't remember, but Melodye. Doesn't ring a bell. Connel, that's easy to see that it's a guy.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

robinfire23 wrote:Characters like Tuta, Connell, Melodye and Kasios.. They're like.. Gender bending..

I seriously thought Wakaba and Hanna were males the first time I saw them..
I actually agree with every single one of these, when I played suikoden III and saw Tuta all grown up as a MAN I was like what the?!?! and what is with the two sound crystal people in I and II Connell and Melodye, to be honest, I had No idea which gender they were, and Kasios, swore it was a girl until I found out otherwise.

I also thought Wakaba was a young boy and Hanna was a dude, Regardless of the name "Hanna"...? but yeah you were spot on with those gender bender confusions!
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

@Hirathien : Well, Simone is a female name, yet the character was a guy.
Also, I could have swear Tuta was girl. He looked like a girl, act like a girl, even his name sound girly! Tuta was the only one I confused the gender. Guess I'm good to tell what's who in videogames?

EDIT : After reading the previous posts, I realized that Marco was a guy... i was sure he was an old woman. Add him to my list!
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Palmguy wrote:@Hirathien : Well, Simone is a female name, yet the character was a guy.
Funny fact, here in Sweden there was actually a movie called something about Simone, or something. It was a girl named Simone that pretended her name was Simon, to be able to box and stuff.

Now, when you mention Simone, are you 100% that's just a girls name? I think i've actually heard of guys called that as well, in France or somethin.

Besides, Simone is a girly guy, so it fits i suppose, yet Hanna isn't manly girl.
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

I really thought Hanna was a dude even though her name was Hanna.. I mean.. There are lots of guys that I know that have a girl's name((Me, myself, included..))

When I found out Kasios is male, I was like WTFH!? Kasios is a dude!?.. And he was saying something like he loves Milich..

27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Bu the thing is if you play with Hanna you see the breast in the armor, so you never used Hanna at all then. I saw Hanna and think, urg, what a manly woman.

But ppl like Tuta, Sheena ( the first time you saw him ), Milich, or Kasios, are the worst.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

Yup.. I never used her on my first playthrough.. I only played with her when I was trying out ALL of the charries.. And by that time I already knew she was a she..

When I saw Sheena I thought he was a girl too but when Lepant called him his son.. Well.. I was quite surprised..

TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

oh wow yeah I forgot about sheena, the name, the look, they should have just made that character a raging lesbian instead! hahhaa
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Again, I never thought of Sheena as a girl. I'm just really good at telling pixels' gender:P

Well, I'm French and I've never heard the name Simone used for a guy. MAYBE it is used, but I've never heard it for a guy. And yes. Kasio is a dude who's in love with Milich. It happens, you know :P
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

the first time I thought Milich was a woman... xD
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
robinfire23

Post by robinfire23 »

I thought Milich was gay actually.. I dunno.. Maybe he's really a bi.. LoL!!

Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Milich has a mustache so I don't know how you could mistake him for a girl. Also, he's a narcissist not necessarily gay. There's no evidence of him being interested in men. This is discussed at length in this topic: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =13&t=4371
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing... He clearly had a moustache. I don't see how people confuse him for a woman... And I really don't get the gay vibe from him, just the eccentric one.